HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Citibank's New Prestige Card

Like Tree295Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2013, 10:31 AM   #31

How to indicate interest but specify that you do not want to pay the fee?
I think you can only apply online by leaving your contact numbers for them to call you. Probably, you can let the telesales folk know that you want to apply without having the fee, to see if they allow that.
hclee01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:44 AM   #32

Was so funny, I visited the branch at AMK Bus Interchange last night to enquire and they said that they don't have such a card. Called this morning to their hotline to check if I can apply at their branch, the CSO did not even know that they launched this new card. After I explained, then they offered to take my details for someone to contact me, which I declined.
Something interesting I learnt about Citibank.

Their credit card ops is very seperate from their banking ops. So, the people at the branches have little to no idea on the latest credit card launches and promos. The one you need to approach is the ones with credit card ops (I think at the main branch, and also the little counter at Vivocity, on the first floor near the MRT station).
Suleyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:49 AM   #33

Their credit card ops is very seperate from their banking ops. So, the people at the branches have little to no idea on the latest credit card launches and promos. The one you need to approach is the ones with credit card ops (I think at the main branch, and also the little counter at Vivocity, on the first floor near the MRT station).
The one I visited was the one which offered Instant Card Issuance Facilities and the small counter is primarily to solicit card and ready credit facilities. That's why I am surprised that they are not aware.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:18 PM   #34

Got email from citibank, vivo branch on first floor will be closed soon...
shimmermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:52 PM   #35

For those who are keen and in town area, you can pick up the form and submit on the spot at the Paragon citibank outlet.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:05 PM   #36

The one I visited was the one which offered Instant Card Issuance Facilities and the small counter is primarily to solicit card and ready credit facilities. That's why I am surprised that they are not aware.
Then that's pretty pathetic.

Anyway, I left my details on the online web page last night and got a call today. They then sent me the form via email and just need to email them back with some supporting documents.

Few points that I clarified with her:
- $120k requirement is strict. Don't meet, they won't even mail you the form
- Relationship bonus is based on continuous relationship with Citibank. Any relationship will do (inc credit card)
- Annual fee is non-waivable, including for the first year

The person who called me was from their Citigold customer acquisition unit, so maybe the Prestige card is meant to have some differentiation with the 'normal' cards, so not marketed by the normal channels for now. Maybe that's why the branch may not be aware of the card. I recall when HSBC launched their VI, it was the same.

Last edited by Suleyman; 07-03-2013 at 08:09 PM..
Old 07-03-2013, 08:18 PM   #37

yup their requirement is strict: either earn 120k pa or citigold customer with them.
alwaysnforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:24 PM   #38

I talked to a citibank rep and asked for the card with fee waiver and forgo the welcome points. Was told this is not possible. But, if I willing to pay, they would send me the form to apply. I don't meet the 120k requirement but I do have a long relationship with citi. Anyway, I ain't paying $535. So this is no go for me. Next best is anz travel card or stick with premier miles.

And, yes they knew who they were talking to cuz I gave them my ic number.

To peeps who want this card, can actually wait. When premier miles first came out, it was $80k income requirement. Now drop already. Similar thing may happen to Citi prestige card. Singapore cc industry is very competitive.

Last edited by final1; 07-03-2013 at 09:27 PM..
final1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:38 PM   #39

In my conversation with the Citibank representatives, I would add that if you do have (or qualify for) a Citigold relationship, they can be very flexible with the income requirement.
the_ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:42 PM   #40

what is the requirement for citigold r/s?
Old 07-03-2013, 10:44 PM   #41

what is the requirement for citigold r/s?
200k in assets under management (deposits, stock portfolio, etc).
Old 07-03-2013, 11:03 PM   #42
Master Member

Basically, if you, or your father mother got money, its ok if you are earning less than 120k.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:38 AM   #43
Master Member

yup their requirement is strict: either earn 120k pa or citigold customer with them.
these days most people are 120K p.a. easily...funny calling their card 'Prestige Card'
lufu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:23 AM   #44

most people? Really? I don't think so la. Yes there are more and more people, but I wouldn't call these group who earn 120k pa as most people...
Old 08-03-2013, 10:37 AM   #45
Arch-Supremacy Member

these days most people are 120K p.a. easily...funny calling their card 'Prestige Card'
definition of most should be 80-90% of population?

median income of the middle class is at most 3k?

3k x 12M = 36k/p.a

so rest of 84k comes from where?

the group is definitely getting larger but definitely it had not met the definition of most ppl yet.

Heck, It haven't even reach half yet
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.