Complimentary lounge access with cards (inc. Priority Pass)

Suleyman

Reaction score
Going by my own experience, your plan below will be unsuccessful. When I queried the reason, the response is that when the lounges submit to PP for reimbursement, it would be in contravention with the T&C between the lounges and PP when you have one person with 2 separate PP cards on the same day at the same lounge.

Your solution is to use your PP card issued by Citi Premiermiles (Visa or AMEX) as the 2 free visits per calendar year can be used by cardholder and guest at the same time for lounge access.

In the good old days, if you were really nice and the lounge dragon was in a good mood, you could get away with it. That's because they would use those imprint device (like those for credit cards in ancient times for those of us old enough to remember), and can fudge anything they want.

Nowadays, they need to swipe the card on an electronic card reader and need to input everything properly so they cannot 'cheat' the system either.

Having said that, I think the Ambassador Lounges in Changi are abysmal and you aren't really missing much, even if just sitting at one of the chairs in the departure area, except maybe for the free soda.

Allen_C_Sharp

Reaction score
Going by my own experience, your plan below will be unsuccessful. When I queried the reason, the response is that when the lounges submit to PP for reimbursement, it would be in contravention with the T&C between the lounges and PP when you have one person with 2 separate PP cards on the same day at the same lounge.

Your solution is to use your PP card issued by Citi Premiermiles (Visa or AMEX) as the 2 free visits per calendar year can be used by cardholder and guest at the same time for lounge access.

Thank u, I did not notice there is Amex version, can I apply another pp for Amex version in addition to citi premier visa? So I can take my wife to use twice per calendar year.
But applying another pp now I may not get the card so soon to catch the flight.

Alternatively, can I use DBS altitude pp to sign in myself and use the Amex ascend lounge voucher to sign in my wife? (Will they scan my Amex ascend card which will make myself sign in twice at the same lounge, same day as u mentioned?)

john.doe1985

Reaction score
Thank u, I did not notice there is Amex version, can I apply another pp for Amex version in addition to citi premier visa? So I can take my wife to use twice per calendar year.
But applying another pp now I may not get the card so soon to catch the flight.

Alternatively, can I use DBS altitude pp to sign in myself and use the Amex ascend lounge voucher to sign in my wife? (Will they scan my Amex ascend card which will make myself sign in twice at the same lounge, same day as u mentioned?)

yes you can. each PP card from a different bank card is different

Allen_C_Sharp

Reaction score
Yes you can.

Thanks for reply.
Just checked my voucher it says sats or premium lounge.
I guess I will use citi for 2 or just use 2 voucher at sats/premium lounge.
Anyone tried can share which lounge is better ? Specifically for T2, pp and sats/premium lounge which one is better?

louist

Reaction score
If you want a full meal (e.g. flying after dinner time), I'd recommend Green Market (PP), which is really more like a restaurant than a lounge. If you're looking for a place to relax and drink, SATS is probably better.

Edit: Although I've just found out that SATS is now eligible for PP. So actually, you can probably use 1x PP and 1x voucher in this case.
Thanks for reply.
Just checked my voucher it says sats or premium lounge.
I guess I will use citi for 2 or just use 2 voucher at sats/premium lounge.
Anyone tried can share which lounge is better ? Specifically for T2, pp and sats/premium lounge which one is better?

Last edited:

Allen_C_Sharp

Reaction score
If you want a full meal (e.g. flying after dinner time), I'd recommend Green Market (PP), which is really more like a restaurant than a lounge. If you're looking for a place to relax and drink, SATS is probably better.

Edit: Although I've just found out that SATS is now eligible for PP. So actually, you can probably use 1x PP and 1x voucher in this case.

Thank you very much, bro~
Then I will probably go green market to have breakfast using citi, as the flight is in the morning:)

questionman26

Reaction score
hi, AMEX CSO does not allow me to waive off the annual fees of my SIA KrisFlyer Ascend cc, so I have cancel this card together with the fees waiver (the CSO allow this surprisingly).

Now I have 1 SATS lounge voucher that i intend to use next month, February, can I still use the cancelled physical credit card (with the voucher) to enter the STAS lounge? Do the lounge officer did any electronic verification of the card or he will just verify it using bare eye?

innumerabilis

Reaction score
hi, AMEX CSO does not allow me to waive off the annual fees of my SIA KrisFlyer Ascend cc, so I have cancel this card together with the fees waiver (the CSO allow this surprisingly).

Now I have 1 SATS lounge voucher that i intend to use next month, February, can I still use the cancelled physical credit card (with the voucher) to enter the STAS lounge? Do the lounge officer did any electronic verification of the card or he will just verify it using bare eye?

iirc the card number was copied down onto a paper list at the lounge, with no electronic verification. Not sure if Amex will bill you for that when they receive it.

lcpteck

Master Member
Reaction score
iirc the card number was copied down onto a paper list at the lounge, with no electronic verification. Not sure if Amex will bill you for that when they receive it.

Yep that is a risk if questionman26 intends to use this method. Or you can pass it to me I have use for it on my upcoming travels. :)

arigatoast

Reaction score
hi guys, for PP will have 2 free entries. Is it within the calender year? or within 12 months from date of application?

thank you

angcsbenny

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Calendar year.

i don't think its calendar year. my card is issued in nov 2014 and i visited the lounge on christmas and this is what is showing in my priority pass - my account.

Free member visits remaining in this membership year: 1

arigatoast

Reaction score
i don't think its calendar year. my card is issued in nov 2014 and i visited the lounge on christmas and this is what is showing in my priority pass - my account.

Free member visits remaining in this membership year: 1

hi there. yr card is issued in 2014.
and your visit on christmas is also in 2014.

your membership calender year is 2014.

so your balance is 1 for year 2014 lo.

is my analysing corect?

arigatoast

Reaction score
HI guys

so only the citi pm , and dbs altitude can apply for PP cards for free right?
what other cards i miss out?

thanks

angcsbenny

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi there. yr card is issued in 2014.
and your visit on christmas is also in 2014.

your membership calender year is 2014.

so your balance is 1 for year 2014 lo.

is my analysing corect?

i just checked today. and it stated membership year. so i believe i have only 1 visit until nov 2015.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.