Consolidated thread for Priority/Privilege Banking

invisible999

Master Member
Reaction score
Citigold global transfer between countries/accounts

Does anyone using citigold global transfer option to transfer between countries and accounts/currencies?

One very simple question - when sending from Singapore - converting from SGD to the destination currency - via Global Transfer what is the exchange rate used? Is it interbank exchange rate or citibank's own? Is the rate information written anywhere in T/C?

HSBC uses their own rate for global transfer and adds 2.5% on top of the interbank exchange rate. DBS has the similar approach for multicurrency accounts.

inlovewithsg

Reaction score
Morning all,

I'm looking for a Priority banking programme accepting clients based on their income instead of their AUM.

For instance, I've read HSBC Premier accepts customers with no AUM as long as they are making $15k+ per month but seems like they are waiving programme fee only for the first 2 years.

Are you aware of any other alternative?

Thanks a lot!

Panerex

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
source? thought VI is limited to 6 per year, priority VI is unlimited?

https://av.sc.com/sg/content/docs/sg-pbvi-tnc-full.pdf

This is actually a change for the better, now you can bring in guests for PB VI, last time only main cardholder can enter. And 24 visits per year more than enough.

can cancel city prestige already

For the revised programme, as Long as we maintain $200K AUM throughout, then we should be good for 24 visits per year right?

And for existing Priority VI customers already with the PP physical card, still need to change to the App?

TIA

highsulphur

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For the revised programme, as Long as we maintain $200K AUM throughout, then we should be good for 24 visits per year right?

And for existing Priority VI customers already with the PP physical card, still need to change to the App?

TIA

Just called SCB to speak to the CSO and here is what i found out.

1) the new 24 visits/yr takes effect only from 1 Jan 2018
2) The 24 passes is valid as long as you maintain the AUM 3 months prior to the expiry of the priority pass. This is a rather strange condition. Did anyone else get the same info?

sgdividends

Reaction score

2) The 24 passes is valid as long as you maintain the AUM 3 months prior to the expiry of the priority pass. This is a rather strange condition. Did anyone else get the same info?
Where got write from 2018?

foozgarden

Master Member
Reaction score

TIA

got app now meh?
all the way, i use PP physical ccard. ok leh

what happens when your SCB PB Vi is not renwed?
the PP card will be gone too?

if renew, scb PB VI fee can waive?

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Thread under review.

edit: thread reopen.
Do not post referrals here.

Last edited:

whucarezz

Reaction score
Citi Priority

I am looking to open a new MaxiGold account with Citi Priority. Anyone who is currently a Citi Priority customer, please PM.

youhsueh

Reaction score
got app now meh?
all the way, i use PP physical ccard. ok leh

what happens when your SCB PB Vi is not renwed?
the PP card will be gone too?

if renew, scb PB VI fee can waive?

I am using PP Physical Card too. I think it would be the same - unlimited visits till the card expired.. Not really sure.. Someone mentioned that the new visit system will start in 1st Jan 2018 - need to confirm..

When you cancel your VI, the PP probably will be cancelled too. There are mixed observations - some mentioned that they were able to use without charge and some mentioned that they were subsequently charged (saw this in a thread few months back).

If I recall correctly, the PB VI is not waivable. Though, some people have managed to get it waived. Nothing is going to stop you from cancelling the card, and re-applying it again after that if the waiver request is rejected.

sgdividends

Reaction score
I am using PP Physical Card too. I think it would be the same - unlimited visits till the card expired.. Not really sure.. Someone mentioned that the new visit system will start in 1st Jan 2018 - need to confirm..

When you cancel your VI, the PP probably will be cancelled too. There are mixed observations - some mentioned that they were able to use without charge and some mentioned that they were subsequently charged (saw this in a thread few months back).

If I recall correctly, the PB VI is not waivable. Though, some people have managed to get it waived. Nothing is going to stop you from cancelling the card, and re-applying it again after that if the waiver request is rejected.
SCB pb VI is easily waivable. I just waived with a call exactly 2 days ago. Been waiving it since nception

Zaalaa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just got my $800 cash for Citigold.

Now thinking if i should jump ship to OCBC Premier for another $800 into the Voyage Credit Card?

Anyone has experience on this?

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just got my $800 cash for Citigold.

Now thinking if i should jump ship to OCBC Premier for another $800 into the Voyage Credit Card?

Anyone has experience on this?

I chosed to keep Citigold, after 12 months get $1k anniversary reward. With MaxiGain, I estimate first 12 months getting at least 1.83% pa on 250k.

wonder what's the best interest OCBC offers on 200k ?

louist

Reaction score
Received letter from SCB. Other Priority VI members should be getting theirs already as well.

In summary...
1) Existing physical PP (the unlimited one) expires 31 Jan
2) You get a code to register digitally for a new PP card (they'll send physical card later)
3) Based on what I see, the PP 'membership year' begins from date of registration.

Otherwise, as described before - 4 visits for cheapo PB members, and presumably more for higher value ones. My letter didn't spell out the delineation - just told me I have 4 visits. :s13:

sgdividends

Reaction score
Received letter from SCB. Other Priority VI members should be getting theirs already as well.

In summary...
2) You get a code to register digitally for a new PP card (they'll send physical card later)
3) Based on what I see, the PP 'membership year' begins from date of registration.

Otherwise, as described before - 4 visits for cheapo PB members, and presumably more for higher value ones. My letter didn't spell out the delineation - just told me I have 4 visits. :s13:

I can confirm one things after calling them and they calling me back more than 10 times ..

Can bring in more than 1 guests at a time

foozgarden

Master Member
Reaction score

In summary...

only 4 visits?!!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.