HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Credit Card Charges/Fees

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2014, 11:42 PM   #61
Master Member

Hello, anyone got into a similar situation as me?

Paid 2 Citibank credit cards on the same day via dbs banking but only 1 was received by Citibank. Tio charged late payment fees bcoz of it.

Gotta call both of them up and ask what's happening.
Tyrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 09:55 PM   #62

WORD OF WARNING NO WAIVER OF FEES FOR OCBC 365 CARD

Think twice about applying for this card cos they won't waive your fees and will not hesitate to slap any fee on you as soon as it is possible. Long story short ~$80 of fees and interest charges on a $300 balance cos 2 days late. Waiver was always approved at other bank.s

Check out Post #563 on the other thread to do with "new-ocbc-365-visa-signature-cashback-card"
eightyhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 05:12 PM   #63
Supremacy Member

U should pay on time in first place... I feel
beri stupid idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 05:13 PM   #64
Supremacy Member

Plus new purchase also charge interest.
That's the sucky part but owe d pay d and on time... It's legit...
beri stupid idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 02:37 PM   #65

U should pay on time in first place... I feel
Yes, agreed to that. However, unless you are paying via giro, sometimes you might just miss it due to whatever reasons. I have missed 3 or 4 payments due to my own errors in over 20 years of using credit cards and all the banks that I dealt with were ok to waive the late fee etc. In return I continue to use their credit cards. It's about nurturing customer relationship vs enforcing the rule.
Old 06-12-2015, 11:20 AM   #66

It's amazing how charges and fees increase in the span of just 7+ years.
bean9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 02:33 AM   #67
Master Member

WORD OF WARNING NO WAIVER OF FEES FOR OCBC 365 CARD

Think twice about applying for this card cos they won't waive your fees and will not hesitate to slap any fee on you as soon as it is possible. Long story short ~$80 of fees and interest charges on a $300 balance cos 2 days late. Waiver was always approved at other bank.s

Check out Post #563 on the other thread to do with "new-ocbc-365-visa-signature-cashback-card"

Currently on the OCBC 365 website, OCBC says that the annual fees will be waived if you charge at least $5k per annum.
Knightoftheblackrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2016, 09:00 AM   #68

Currently on the OCBC 365 website, OCBC says that the annual fees will be waived if you charge at least $5k per annum.
Its a Gimmick , i thought most credit cards can be waive for the annual membership fee? In all my like using credit card, i never pay membership fee before.

Worse come to worse . if OCBC dun waive, i just terminate my card and reapply again lo. No chance will i pay that fee.
seveneleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2016, 02:54 PM   #69

Hi,

Hope I can clear my misunderstanding here.

If I apply 2 cards, I alternate use the card each month; which means there will be one card i'm not using.

Assuming I paid full every mth on the card, does the other card charge anything (like 3% or $50 min) even though I have 0 spending (as well as 0 balance)?
lewissac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2016, 04:56 PM   #70
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi,

Hope I can clear my misunderstanding here.

If I apply 2 cards, I alternate use the card each month; which means there will be one card i'm not using.

Assuming I paid full every mth on the card, does the other card charge anything (like 3% or $50 min) even though I have 0 spending (as well as 0 balance)?
No spending then no charge (unless there is annual fees) so nothing to pay

Last edited by Trazora; 27-10-2016 at 05:05 PM..
Trazora is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 12:37 PM   #71

Which bank card is more generous on annual fee waiver?

Im with Citibank for the past 6 years and been contributing annual fee there... Guess its time for me to ask for waiver from now onwards.

Looking at Citi Rewards Card + SCB Singpost Card.
lewissac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2016, 05:26 PM   #72

scb cards

u can try the scb cards. i always manage to waive my scb cards without problem.
suprememessiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2017, 05:04 PM   #73

SKIP OCBC Credit Cards!

They are extremely rigid with annual fee charges and has limited knowledge on customer retention and satisfaction. No information was pushed to users on minimum spending required per annum and it was only stated on their website when you search for it that with effect mid June 2016, min spend of $10K per year required to waive off. And in Jan 2017 (less than 1 year), they charged the fee and refused to waive it off. I spent more than $8K and has been a strong advocate of the card but this is what i got. Skip the card at all costs! Happened to long time customers of their bank too. A lot of negative reviews going on.
cjamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2017, 05:05 PM   #74

they changed to $10K wef June 2016. ridiculous
dnlei123 likes this.
cjamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2017, 05:51 PM   #75
Featured Sponsor for Money Mind, EDMW

They are extremely rigid with annual fee charges and has limited knowledge on customer retention and satisfaction. No information was pushed to users on minimum spending required per annum and it was only stated on their website when you search for it that with effect mid June 2016, min spend of $10K per year required to waive off. And in Jan 2017 (less than 1 year), they charged the fee and refused to waive it off. I spent more than $8K and has been a strong advocate of the card but this is what i got. Skip the card at all costs! Happened to long time customers of their bank too. A lot of negative reviews going on.
Hi cjamie,

We are sorry to learn that your wavier request was unsuccessful. All waivers are thoroughly reviewed before an outcome is given.

Information on annual fee can be found on the back page of your monthly credit card statement, as well as on our website.

We apologise for not being able to accede to your request.

^DG

OCBC Bank: Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
OCBC Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.