HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Credit Card Charges/Fees

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-07-2017, 02:49 AM   #76
Master Member

How many days grace will Citibank give before charging late fees? Do they automatically reverse the late charges if the payment is made on or just before the due date (rather than received by them)?

That is the case for HSBC and the reversal is reflected on the bill without any action taken by the cardholder.
saffronsatire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2017, 06:32 PM   #77
Arch-Supremacy Member

How many days grace will Citibank give before charging late fees? Do they automatically reverse the late charges if the payment is made on or just before the due date (rather than received by them)?

That is the case for HSBC and the reversal is reflected on the bill without any action taken by the cardholder.
Sometimes I pay on due date and they receive payment 1 to 2 days later, no late fee was charged. But should not do this too frequent may affect the chance of applying other citibank cards
Trazora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 06:02 PM   #78

I bought from book depository. Checked out using sgd. Got charge dcc of 1% using hsbc advance. Iirc, never had dcc before using other cards and book depository said they charge in the chosen currency directly. Some things changed recently? Going forward I should choose gbp?
hommelamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 06:17 PM   #79
Arch-Supremacy Member

I bought from book depository. Checked out using sgd. Got charge dcc of 1% using hsbc advance. Iirc, never had dcc before using other cards and book depository said they charge in the chosen currency directly. Some things changed recently? Going forward I should choose gbp?
HSBC charges cross border fee/DCC starting 22May. Most cards charge cross border fee for SGD payment to foreign website except maybe ICBC and AMEX issued cards

Some further info here
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/credit-cards-line-credit-facilities-243/card-transaction-fees-you-may-not-know-you-paying-5595638.html

Last edited by Trazora; 02-10-2017 at 06:48 PM..
Old 16-10-2017, 12:39 AM   #80
Master Member

Hi all,

My POSB everyday credit card has already charged me the annual fee of ($180 exclude GST) on 27-Sep. Is there any way to weave off this? will calling them works? thanks for the help!
majora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2017, 07:19 PM   #81
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi all,

My POSB everyday credit card has already charged me the annual fee of ($180 exclude GST) on 27-Sep. Is there any way to weave off this? will calling them works? thanks for the help!
Call and ask for waiver
Old 21-10-2017, 09:52 AM   #82
Master Member

Call and ask for waiver
Thanks, itís done
majora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2017, 12:26 PM   #83
Supremacy Member

can someone explain why banks auto issue cc and loc?
I din even apply and bank auto give me 2 credit cards and cheque book. is it the more cards they issue they earn more commission or they can boast they have higher customer base?

edit: I not even high spender. so cant be bank want to earn interest from spending right?
Mr. Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2017, 12:47 PM   #84
Arch-Supremacy Member

can someone explain why banks auto issue cc and loc?
I din even apply and bank auto give me 2 credit cards and cheque book. is it the more cards they issue they earn more commission or they can boast they have higher customer base?

edit: I not even high spender. so cant be bank want to earn interest from spending right?
Think agents get commission for helping to apply some cards. Also by giving you the card means you will not be able to earn sign-up bonus for the card.

Btw are you already customer with the bank? Which bank is it?

What is loc?
Old 29-11-2017, 01:42 PM   #85
Supremacy Member

Think agents get commission for helping to apply some cards. Also by giving you the card means you will not be able to earn sign-up bonus for the card.

Btw are you already customer with the bank? Which bank is it?

What is loc?
loc = line of credit (eg cashline, easicredit)

i hav dbs savings accnt only. then suddenly recv 2 cards and cashline.

dbs gave me what i din ask for, but dun give fee waiver when i ask for,so i hav to send requests to cancel. funny right?

i thot is becoz banks want to boost customer base and earn fee frm visa or masters.
Old 29-11-2017, 02:07 PM   #86
Supremacy Member

Which bank card is more generous on annual fee waiver?

Im with Citibank for the past 6 years and been contributing annual fee there... Guess its time for me to ask for waiver from now onwards.

Looking at Citi Rewards Card + SCB Singpost Card.
CIMB no annual card fee ever.
no need to call in to request for fee waiver
just that ocassionally will receive their bankers cold calls of promotions, which i can choose not to pick up.

disclaimer: not a staff, or related to CIMB.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.