Credit Card Payment Options

applefreak

Reaction score
Another point to note. See this link below:

http://www.all-aboutshopping.com/20...to-maximise-your-interest-free-credit-period/

See the response entry by Laura1318 at the bottom.

Look around for a bank/card combo that can give you this free 20 days if there is one locally. I have not found one at all. Still searching.

the 20 days means from statement date to due date
UOB always exactly 20 days, SCB slightly more than 20 days
citibank also slightly more than 20 days...

ratppl

Master Member
Reaction score
actually is about 30days from the day you charge the card to the day your bill is due..however, there is one factor that most of people did not look into it which is the bill cycle date.
so if you charge the card before the bill cycle, the total interest free days will be less than 30 days.

example:

Bill cycle on 13th of every month. i.e 13/04/09
you charge the card on the 11/04/09
the due date for this bill cycle is let say 5/05/09

you will have about 26 days interest free..

if you charge on the 16/04/09..your next due date will be on the 5/06/09
However, dont quote me as some time the bank may bring this charge to the same bill cycle as the 1st example..meaning you may end up the due date on the 5/5/09 instead of 06/05/09.

ratppl

Master Member
Reaction score
payment through interbank (3rd party bank), cheque, AXS or SAM need to take note that it take 3 working days for clearance. Some may only take 2 days.

So if your due date for your credit card is on the 13/04/09, you need to make the payment on or before the 8/04/09 to avoid any interest or late payment charge. There are some banks that start to charge you interest and late payment charge if you pay your bill on the due date using any of interbank (3rd party bank), cheque, AXS or SAM.

applefreak

Reaction score
the longest is actually 50+ days, i.e. from the first day of the billing cycle to the payment due date
that's what the writer meant by planning your expenses :D

example:
billing cycle is from 21 Jan to 20 Feb, payment due date 13 Mar
if you charge the purchase to the card on 21 Jan and pay on 13 Mar
total interest free days = 52 days

as for payment through AXS
maybank, citibank and posbank do not charge late payment as long as payment is made on due date...
hsbc also don't charge for payment through SAM on due date itself

sAxman_Returns

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any idea if that dummy EZlink reader on AXS is meant for top up or payment?!

now they are acquired by DBS, can't use NETS anymore :(

kindaichi83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if i use a dbs or uob credit card to pay, can i use citibank to pay the bills? how shd i go abt doing it?

ambasnakeman

Reaction score
is it possible to pay AMEX REWARDS CC bill, using DBS CC thru internet banking, under bill payment option?

will it be considered cash advance?

this way can maximise points earned

ktee

Reaction score
You can pay any credit card bills using Stand chart online banking. It is free of charge. I use it.

But there is something which you need to beware:

Some transactions might get rejected! :( I encountered several finance/late charge due to this... Therefore, it is very important to check and make sure the transaction goes thru. Ie. you need to set the post-date to afew days before deadline. Otherwise, be prepared to call credit card co. & tell your grandma stories to waive the charges. :o

alexrobort

Reaction score
Credit Cards, Credit Card Benefits, Credit Card Types, Credit Cards Online

Credit cards are not only revolutionary but are evolutionary as well since they evolved out of human needs. Explains about credit card types, safety and unsafe of credit cards, student credit cards, credit card for business etc.

www[dot]creditcardhelperzone[dot]com

see above website for more information

alexrobort

Reaction score
Credit cards are not only revolutionary but are evolutionary as well since they evolved out of human needs. Explains about credit card types, safety and unsafe of credit cards, student credit cards, credit card for business etc.

www[dot]creditcardhelperzone[dot]com

see above website for more information about credit card

blanko_87

Reaction score
You can pay any credit card bills using Stand chart online banking. It is free of charge. I use it.

But there is something which you need to beware:

Some transactions might get rejected! :( I encountered several finance/late charge due to this... Therefore, it is very important to check and make sure the transaction goes thru. Ie. you need to set the post-date to afew days before deadline. Otherwise, be prepared to call credit card co. & tell your grandma stories to waive the charges. :o

How did u do tat??? I try to pay citibank cc bill thru standard charter online banking... keep rejecting me... -.-""""

Hanzai

Reaction score
Is it true that once u pay off cc bill than straight away it be $0 dollar? or it take working day to process?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.