HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Credit Card Wiki

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2017, 06:55 PM   #16
Arch-Supremacy Member

Trazora, U should take over this wiki as dahnoob somehow has some negative feelings not sure why

I think you will do a great job updating
Thank you. Just helping Perisher to get things going here.
Trazora is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 07:05 PM   #17
Junior Moderator

Thank you. Just helping Perisher to get things going here.
Thanks. Will sticky this thread when I am at my desktop.
dahnoob likes this.
Old 04-04-2017, 07:14 PM   #18

Trazora, U should take over this wiki as dahnoob somehow has some negative feelings not sure why

I think you will do a great job updating
Not negative feelings per se, but the direction this is going was not exactly my original intent. I wanted to set up a FAQ thread for all things related to 'Best card for XXX', so that we won't see those threads with 1 or 2 replies cluttering up the front page. Somehow it evolved into some kind of credit card wiki, which I'm not against as well. I'm not asking my thread to be featured or stickied or whatever, I'm not even insisting I'm the one to update it. All I wanted was less clutter, and more room for useful threads in the front page.

It doesn't make sense that out of the 20 or so threads in the first page, 5 of them are "what is the best card for XXX?" or "do XXX earn <insert points> with YYY card?". I have to scroll beyond the first page to find certain card specific threads. This is happening all the time, which is undesirable to me. I'm not claiming credit for any work done or being protective of my thread or what not, I just wanted to see that something is being done. If anyone feel that it is better for him/her to continue updating, I am perfectly fine with that. Just copy the entire post over to your thread and contact any mod to close mine.
dahnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 07:58 PM   #19

U sound like u have ocd lol. Just joking.
So what u want now huh
Yachtmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 02:46 PM   #20
Arch-Supremacy Member

Pls include this link Card transaction fees you may not know you are paying

Last edited by Trazora; 05-04-2017 at 03:48 PM..
Old 05-04-2017, 03:13 PM   #21

Sticky with a *stuck* post on top

I agree with the other member(s) that there are far too many threads about best card for xxx, and I admit upfront that I have contributed to those including starting new threads.

What we need is two things: a sticky, and a post that remains on top but that can be updated.

For an example of what I am talking about, take a look at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...all-cards.html.

The first post on top is stuck there, within the sticky. It gets updated as and when members find and post new information. With dates put in, everyone has (more or less) the latest information at all times. The condition on FlyerTalk is that "This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts."

So the technical terms seem to be a "wiki" within a "sticky".

Is this possible in HWZ?
dahnoob likes this.

Last edited by vegavega25; 05-04-2017 at 03:18 PM..
vegavega25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 05:29 PM   #22
Junior Moderator

I agree with the other member(s) that there are far too many threads about best card for xxx, and I admit upfront that I have contributed to those including starting new threads.

What we need is two things: a sticky, and a post that remains on top but that can be updated.

For an example of what I am talking about, take a look at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...all-cards.html.

The first post on top is stuck there, within the sticky. It gets updated as and when members find and post new information. With dates put in, everyone has (more or less) the latest information at all times. The condition on FlyerTalk is that "This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts."

Is this possible in HWZ?
Technical stuff liao. I go ask ask.
Old 06-04-2017, 12:36 AM   #23
Supremacy Member

Not negative feelings per se, but the direction this is going was not exactly my original intent. I wanted to set up a FAQ thread for all things related to 'Best card for XXX', so that we won't see those threads with 1 or 2 replies cluttering up the front page. Somehow it evolved into some kind of credit card wiki, which I'm not against as well. I'm not asking my thread to be featured or stickied or whatever, I'm not even insisting I'm the one to update it. All I wanted was less clutter, and more room for useful threads in the front page.

It doesn't make sense that out of the 20 or so threads in the first page, 5 of them are "what is the best card for XXX?" or "do XXX earn <insert points> with YYY card?". I have to scroll beyond the first page to find certain card specific threads. This is happening all the time, which is undesirable to me. I'm not claiming credit for any work done or being protective of my thread or what not, I just wanted to see that something is being done. If anyone feel that it is better for him/her to continue updating, I am perfectly fine with that. Just copy the entire post over to your thread and contact any mod to close mine.
I think a post like yours is incredibly useful as a one-stop for anyone trying to figure out a credit card strategy. To close or delete it would be a waste.
ehsevol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 12:00 PM   #24
Junior Moderator

Is this possible in HWZ?
Ok, actually, someone can start a wiki page with the main contributors all having 1 post on first page. Like that, each one can update their own post.
I will sticky that wiki page.

Will this do?
Old 12-04-2017, 12:37 PM   #25
Arch-Supremacy Member

Ok, actually, someone can start a wiki page with the main contributors all having 1 post on first page. Like that, each one can update their own post.

Will this do?
Guess that means can only allow the poster or mod to edit the post. Given this constraint, think current arrangement of having a thread for the credit card wiki with links to useful threads of different topics would be a good arrangement. The first posts of the useful threads gets updated by TS when new info are obtained from the subsequent posts in the individual thread. The main wiki thread need to be updated by mod when new useful threads are created, similar to stickying of the threads. (I assume mods is able to find the best place to include the new links and if need be have a short para in the wiki to create the connection to the new thread)

What u suggesting may work also but it lacks flexibility to expand the number of main contributors. Also ideally there should be some flow to the topics covered in the first posts, not sure how this can be achieved assuming different contributors will be covering different topics in their own posts.

Last edited by Trazora; 12-04-2017 at 01:39 PM..
Old 16-04-2017, 12:38 AM   #26

Will this do?

Best (Miles/Cashback) card for (XXX) payment

This thread is a ready contender and is all set up with posts #1 and #2 on page 1 with all the main information summarized. The thread is closed to future updates, but the original post has been updated on several occasions with the latest information.
vegavega25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2017, 06:35 PM   #27
Junior Moderator

Best (Miles/Cashback) card for (XXX) payment

This thread is a ready contender and is all set up with posts #1 and #2 on page 1 with all the main information summarized. The thread is closed to future updates, but the original post has been updated on several occasions with the latest information.
I think it's already linked in first post here. Will take a look.
Old 19-04-2017, 08:58 PM   #28
Arch-Supremacy Member

I think it's already linked in first post here. Will take a look.
It's there but think url not correct. Clicking the link dun bring to the thread
Old 20-04-2017, 03:28 PM   #29
Junior Moderator

It's there but think url not correct. Clicking the link dun bring to the thread
Editing nao!

edit: works for me?
Old 20-04-2017, 05:18 PM   #30
Arch-Supremacy Member

Editing nao!

edit: works for me?
Strange, dun work on mobile mode of the forum (no issues for other links), work on desktop site mode.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.