DBS Altitude Visa Signature

volley05

Reaction score
if your pay is giro-ed to your posb/dbs account, and you have a decent standing on your savings account. they would be more lenient on your application. i didnt have 50k too but they approved my application.

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
maybe, but for peasant like me, the 50k PA is unreachable. :(

Do you have an existing DBS/POSB credit card? If you do, just apply online through ibanking and you'll get it approved immediately.

zoossh

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i agree with u but for those that u so call lao jiao that doesnt help give constructive comment & just keep calling ppl lobang killer, doesnt seems to contribute to his forum.

Bro polar bear is one of the helpful guy here. he doesnt scold ppl & will share his experience with us.

do accept that different people different personality. some people do help, but maybe not in very friendly manners, but doesnt mean i dun appreciate their help. and if u look from another way, what seems not constructive may have its valid points. even if they did not appear to give their advice, if they share their own experience, u can see it as a kind of "help" too.

nevertheless helps are always a bonus, not a given. if someone help, it is a plus point. if someone dun, no hard feelings.

Chiu referring to moi ?

i only put the wah ... comment for the 500 % increase in cash redemption rates oni ... i did not post anything stupid wor ~ :crazy:

hmm... i think i need time to read thru the tnc first. still didnt know what is going on. but if things are coded, they must have a reason for being coded.

My polarbear gorgor is good ... i help people alot via PM too ...

time to clear my pm so as to get lobangs... rast time inbox full must have missed big lobangs.

ORELLE

Master Member
Reaction score
Do you have an existing DBS/POSB credit card? If you do, just apply online through ibanking and you'll get it approved immediately.

i think u r mistaken. i am referring to citibank premier miles card.

As for this dbs card, with my 30k pa, they accept my application =:p

ORELLE

Master Member
Reaction score
do accept that different people different personality. some people do help, but maybe not in very friendly manners, but doesnt mean i dun appreciate their help. and if u look from another way, what seems not constructive may have its valid points. even if they did not appear to give their advice, if they share their own experience, u can see it as a kind of "help" too.

nevertheless helps are always a bonus, not a given. if someone help, it is a plus point. if someone dun, no hard feelings.

true, different ppl different personality.

the reason for us coming to this forum is to share ideas, help spread lobang.

if scolding from regular poster is quite ok but just look at some poster. out of a sudden , start scolding u for being lobang killer without any contribution is a selfish act.

boohoo88

Reaction score
Card

Citi PremierMiles Visa Card vs DBS Altitude Visa Signature Card vs DBS Altitude American Express® Card

Thinking of getting a miles credit card but not sure which one is the best out of the 3 above. My focus is mainly on miles points (though they are all the same if im not wrong) but just want to know which one is more worth to get it.

Thanks!

zoossh

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
true, different ppl different personality.

the reason for us coming to this forum is to share ideas, help spread lobang.

if scolding from regular poster is quite ok but just look at some poster. out of a sudden , start scolding u for being lobang killer without any contribution is a selfish act.

take it easy bah. dun take it to heart. except for unethical actions which are not fair to the bank, e.g canceling transactions and taking rebates from them in ways that cannot be clawed back, working around unfair rules are perfectly alrite. but some ideas need to be shared with some discretion (that is different from not sharing).

besides some folks may not have the interest to read our philosophy abt life. so i will end it here.

hogrider88

Reaction score
Citi PremierMiles Visa Card vs DBS Altitude Visa Signature Card vs DBS Altitude American Express® Card

Thinking of getting a miles credit card but not sure which one is the best out of the 3 above. My focus is mainly on miles points (though they are all the same if im not wrong) but just want to know which one is more worth to get it.

Thanks!

personally, i tried getting citi pm cuz the priority pass entry can bring guest. but kenna rejected.

so i applied for dbs visa sig, and one for my wife so we both got priority pass each. thats about it personally.

the only UP-side of these 3 cards is that the miles doesnt expire.. does it matter to u? i think it matters to me.

if i am frequent flyer like other bros here, there r much better cards here to clock miles.

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Thanks!

Best card depends on what u spend on, every card has their own pro and con. You will probably need to share what u usually spend on. Anyway any reason why you limit yourself to these 3 cards only?

hogrider88

Reaction score
for example?

dbs woman world online spend roughly 4 miles?

anz travel any spend 1.4 miles..

uob privi miles series oso about 1.4 miles..

in fact, hsbc revolution x5 points (dining, online, entertainment) oso equivalent to 2 miles per dollar !

naro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Thanks!
I would take VISA and avoid AMEX because quite some merchants in Singapore do not accept AMEX.

zoossh

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
dbs woman world online spend roughly 4 miles?

anz travel any spend 1.4 miles..

uob privi miles series oso about 1.4 miles..

in fact, hsbc revolution x5 points (dining, online, entertainment) oso equivalent to 2 miles per dollar !

for online flight, dbs amex will give 4.5miles till end of the year. think i will only consider dbs woman after that. for most online deals i use ocbc frank, kiv apply singpost, and get rebates instead.

not sure if uob visa sig (spend >1k on flight) can be used for miles or not. that's also 4 miles.

hogrider88

Reaction score
for online flight, dbs amex will give 4.5miles till end of the year. think i will only consider dbs woman after that. for most online deals i use ocbc frank, kiv apply singpost, and get rebates instead.

not sure if uob visa sig (spend >1k on flight) can be used for miles or not. that's also 4 miles.

since boohoo88 ask abt miles so i quote miles cards lo. i personally oso mix miles n cash rebate cards.

ya nw dbs 12k miles promo damn good i hv to say.

for uob i tink quite flexi, but not v keen to apply their cards.

zoossh

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i was just googling the top few miles card and i saw this website

http://www.moneysmart.sg/credit-cards/air-miles

it looks like these 3 is the best few that i can consider

i find those websites useless.

due to small prints, it is far more important to know what will limit your gains rather than the "potential" benefits which will never all materialise, ie what is the catch.

i think dbs woman had some cap too.

ORELLE

Master Member
Reaction score
i find those websites useless.

due to small prints, it is far more important to know what will limit your gains rather than the "potential" benefits which will never all materialise, ie what is the catch.

i think dbs woman had some cap too.

one thing good about this website is they show most of the cards available.

points valid for a year only.

zoossh

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
one thing good about this website is they show most of the cards available.

points valid for a year only.

i only started on miles and had zero experience of redeeming flight. actually i dun fancy much on business flight, but if the price differs just a little, why not try it out? my only pathetic better seats on united and jetstar is still quite peasant, but maybe i will try business flight on sia once in my life, best be4 30.

my strategy is now concentrating on dbs visa and amex offers, and where ocbc frank may exclude, education courses, or if sum crosses 1k, e.g. flight/accom, i use them to collect miles. with that i can probably hit about 20-30k miles. and maybe more in a few months time, i can hit 60k. if i wait till the annual fee 9-12mths later, i confirm had enough for redeeming a flight plus with extra to roll on.

in the meanwhile, i started collecting miles on uob too on dining and visa sig on rental. i can either exchange for dollars, or used for a standby for 2nd redemption into the later part of the 2nd year. i guess it is probably good as a backup plan

since citibank pm and rewards are more limited, i am giving it a go and use them for points and gifts. and anz, i had 3k miles, think i got to sacrifice for rebate and given up some points too. someone say to use for australia is no point, as i can get better rebates if i hit higher sum say uob visa sig.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.