HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

DBS Altitude Visa Signature

Like Tree573Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-03-2012, 12:38 PM   #16

i guess this is a new product not launched to the public yet, if tis Visa signature its a good card ... considering u need to travel often.
saggice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2012, 03:05 PM   #17
Master Member

The card looks the same as the current Amex version, except it has the standard Visa Signature wording instead of the Amex logo at the bottom right hand corner. I looked at it about 20 times myself just to convince myself that it is indeed not an Amex card as they looked virtually identical.

They also have a promo where, if you are the first x00 card holders to spend an insane amount of money within the next few months, you get a whole bunch of extra miles. Can't remember what the numbers are - the flyer is at home.

There's also the 1-year fee waiver, if that makes a difference to anybody.

Apart from that, that's all there is to it. In a nutshell, they are pretty tight on sign-on bonuses.

I can put the flyer through the scanner later tonight (read: early next morning - being a Fri night after all), but I'll need to find somewhere to upload the image.
Just received the invitation too.

It's the first 500 to spend $8k by Jun 2012 will receive 8k miles.
5000 DBS points (equal to 10k miles) deposit if you pay the annual fee.
Complimentary Priority Pass, i guess it could be same as Citi PM, up to 2 free visits.

I think it will kill Citi PM due to matching 1.2 miles per dollar and tier up to 2 miles if spending more than $2k per month.
Not sure if DBS points last forever, then in that case it's the same as Citi PM points that doesn't have expiry dates.
Convert to KF miles only when you need it.

Last edited by yantao; 24-03-2012 at 03:08 PM..
yantao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2012, 03:27 PM   #18

Complimentary Priority Pass, i guess it could be same as Citi PM, up to 2 free visits.

I think it will kill Citi PM due to matching 1.2 miles per dollar and tier up to 2 miles if spending more than $2k per month.
Not sure if DBS points last forever, then in that case it's the same as Citi PM points that doesn't have expiry dates.
damn they should have this promo earlier... i just spent a lot on the engagement ring...
kendoarts likes this.
alwaysnforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2012, 11:58 PM   #19
Supremacy Member

totally agree. any number to call to ask for invite?
Old 25-03-2012, 12:16 AM   #20
Arch-Supremacy Member

totally agree. any number to call to ask for invite?
I'm interested too

Inix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2012, 12:56 AM   #21
Supremacy Member

received the mailer as well, dumped it away within a minute. Will use SCB Manhattan for big purchases, so the dbs altitude signature is at best, as good as the citi PM to me.
socketer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2012, 09:08 AM   #22

received the mailer as well, dumped it away within a minute. Will use SCB Manhattan for big purchases, so the dbs altitude signature is at best, as good as the citi PM to me.
but if your scb exceed the 4000 per quarter, then the dbs alt signature is better than the citi pm.

Got number to call or not I wanna indicate my interest leh..
alwaysnforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2012, 05:15 PM   #23
Supremacy Member

but if your scb exceed the 4000 per quarter, then the dbs alt signature is better than the citi pm.
thats true... but must exceed by at least $2000 for the alt signature to yield better KF points...

but i dun have so much bills/stuffs to pay leh... my regular big tix payments usually split between 3 manhattan cards in the family... every quarter is $12000 for me to play around liao...
1) IRAS pty tax
2) NTUC income
3) Income tax
4) Starhub + SPservices bills (this i usually pay in advance... maybe one shot pay $1500 into each account)

unforseen payments last year were hospital bills, travel purchases... this year i try to cut my spendings.... got other priorities...
Old 25-03-2012, 05:33 PM   #24

thats true... but must exceed by at least $2000 for the alt signature to yield better KF points...

but i dun have so much bills/stuffs to pay leh... my regular big tix payments usually split between 3 manhattan cards in the family... every quarter is $12000 for me to play around liao...
1) IRAS pty tax
2) NTUC income
3) Income tax
4) Starhub + SPservices bills (this i usually pay in advance... maybe one shot pay $1500 into each account)

unforseen payments last year were hospital bills, travel purchases... this year i try to cut my spendings.... got other priorities...
1000 per month, heavy spender, don't tell us you are also a IRAS player?
shearmanlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2012, 06:08 PM   #25
Supremacy Member

1000 per month, heavy spender, don't tell us you are also a IRAS player?
i only over paid IRAS once, and thats accidental....

actually there are some quarters which i left some $4000 quota empty. coz timing not right...

but on the average, $1000/mth spending is really quite conservative.
-Starhub - $250/mth
-Spservices - $250/mth
like that fixed expenditure already $500/mth liao

still haven't factor in flat maintenance charges, taxes, ntuc income... all these cannot siam one, even if i stay at home 24/7 also will kenna

Last edited by socketer; 25-03-2012 at 06:10 PM..
Old 25-03-2012, 06:46 PM   #26
Arch-Supremacy Member

1) IRAS pty tax
2) NTUC income
3) Income tax

high property tax and income tax?
but scb already render useless.
naruto13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2012, 06:48 PM   #27
Arch-Supremacy Member

i only over paid IRAS once, and thats accidental....

actually there are some quarters which i left some $4000 quota empty. coz timing not right...

but on the average, $1000/mth spending is really quite conservative.
-Starhub - $250/mth
-Spservices - $250/mth
like that fixed expenditure already $500/mth liao

still haven't factor in flat maintenance charges, taxes, ntuc income... all these cannot siam one, even if i stay at home 24/7 also will kenna
unless u r using for corporate purchase, if not u constantly max out the 4k for 3 card for every quarter mean on average each month at least 4k of credit card swipe. and that mean u must be earning alot if not die.
naruto13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2012, 10:40 PM   #28

Possibly the first... at least I'm in that category anyway. I currently hold a DBS deposit account, with salary paid into this account monthly. No other products with DBS currently, however.
Hi AA, good to see you here as well. I'm wondering why they offered you the Altitude Visa instead of the Amex card if you haven't currently got any cards with them? Could this mean that they're switching away from Amex in the long run?
aster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2012, 08:47 AM   #29

Hi AA, good to see you here as well. I'm wondering why they offered you the Altitude Visa instead of the Amex card if you haven't currently got any cards with them? Could this mean that they're switching away from Amex in the long run?
Yes, we meet again.
It's a very interesting move by DBS. If anything, the perceived prestige of the card has been lowered by moving from Amex to Visa. Or they simply feel the need to respond to Citi's growth. There are also some people who prefers the high level of acceptance with Visa/MC. In fact, if the original Altitude was a Visa/MC, I would've applied for it long ago.
Awesom Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2012, 04:56 PM   #30
High Supremacy Member

wanna see how the cards look like if not will still prefer AMEX
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.