DBS Altitude Visa Signature

camholicx

Reaction score
Hi,

I have recently applied for DBS alititude card for the purpose to spend all my expense to gain points (so that I can convert to miles to redeem for flight).

I noticed I have points in this card, but how do I convert to KRIS flyer miles?

TerryPower

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For this item, can i buy 2 tickets for 2 different movies for 2 different days?

Or have to be same movie, same day?

tyZszRX.jpg

namesares

Reaction score
Anyone has any advice regarding the annual fee?

I was charged an annual fee for both a POSB and DBS credit card in Jan 2022. After multiple rejected fee waivers, I decided to cancel both cards. POSB card was successfully terminated without the need to pay any fees but I was still asked to pay for the DBS annual fee charge back in cash.

Reason given by DBS CSO was the fee waiver for this DBS card can only be gratned through offsetting of points accumulated, even in the event of a cancellation. Like all other people, I redeemed almost all the points before the card was cancelled. (Eh, this is 12000 over points. Cannot let them go to waste what?!) After explaining to the various CSO that I wasn't aware of this, one of them promised to find out more and get back to me. Just so happened that I missed 3 call backs from her. When I tried to call in, this other bitchy CSO refused to help and insisted I should pay up since I have already used all my points. After some debating / argueing, I was told to wait for another call from the original CSO. Sighh...

demoforce1

Master Member
Reaction score

I was charged an annual fee for both a POSB and DBS credit card in Jan 2022. After multiple rejected fee waivers, I decided to cancel both cards. POSB card was successfully terminated without the need to pay any fees but I was still asked to pay for the DBS annual fee charge back in cash.

Reason given by DBS CSO was the fee waiver for this DBS card can only be gratned through offsetting of points accumulated, even in the event of a cancellation. Like all other people, I redeemed almost all the points before the card was cancelled. (Eh, this is 12000 over points. Cannot let them go to waste what?!) After explaining to the various CSO that I wasn't aware of this, one of them promised to find out more and get back to me. Just so happened that I missed 3 call backs from her. When I tried to call in, this other bitchy CSO refused to help and insisted I should pay up since I have already used all my points. After some debating / argueing, I was told to wait for another call from the original CSO. Sighh...
oh you should not use the points given from renewal

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

You used up the points that you got from annual fees so what do you expect? Give you the points, give you annual fees waiver as well? I think you need to pay up the annual fees and treat it as a lesson learnt.

CrashWire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Reason given by DBS CSO was the fee waiver for this DBS card can only be gratned through offsetting of points accumulated, even in the event of a cancellation. Like all other people, I redeemed almost all the points before the card was cancelled. (Eh, this is 12000 over points. Cannot let them go to waste what?!)
Just to confirm, this is the DBS Altitude card?

namesares

Reaction score
You used up the points that you got from annual fees so what do you expect? Give you the points, give you annual fees waiver as well? I think you need to pay up the annual fees and treat it as a lesson learnt.
If only 1 of the DBS hotline CSO bothered to explain like you did before I redeemed all the points prior to cancellation. Oh well...

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If only 1 of the DBS hotline CSO bothered to explain like you did before I redeemed all the points prior to cancellation. Oh well...

If not you ask them whether you can clock the spend and get the points to "return" to them. But it's a lot of spend though.

IceShelterX

Master Member
Reaction score
erm actually is to redeem before they charge the AF.... or redeem the last point before AF billing... so just fXXk them off by telling that the points is not yet credited

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
erm actually is to redeem before they charge the AF.... or redeem the last point before AF billing... so just fXXk them off by telling that the points is not yet credited
i think poster is talking about the bonus miles earned from paying the annual fee.

laeticia

Reaction score

Oh this happened to me before too back in 2018. I mistakenly redeemed the points during my 1st year then was rejected for annual fee waiver. You need to keep insisting to the cso to speak to a manager as the cso hands are tied. I kept getting rejected by the cso until finally I spoke to someone else, some customer relationship manager or something and he agreed to give a partial waiver out of goodwill. I posted in this thread then (see below)

Finally managed to get DBS to partially waive off the aws insufficient fee (annual fee) since I redeemed the 5000 points by mistake and I'll just pay a $50 fee for the $100 voucher I redeemed. Guess 1150 points for a $50 voucher isn't too bad after all...

Sent from Samsung SM-T705 using GAGT

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh this happened to me before too back in 2018. I mistakenly redeemed the points during my 1st year then was rejected for annual fee waiver. You need to keep insisting to the cso to speak to a manager as the cso hands are tied. I kept getting rejected by the cso until finally I spoke to someone else, some customer relationship manager or something and he agreed to give a partial waiver out of goodwill. I posted in this thread then (see below)
Yea but that’s goodwill. Cannot rely on it

laeticia

Reaction score
Ya just sharing my experience so namesares can try to escalate it further. It took another month or so to reach this stage. No harm to continue trying

Raffles88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was charged annual fee for this card. after 2 calls, CS still don't want to waive the fee. no choice call in third time to cancel the card.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.