DBS Altitude Visa Signature

commonguy

Reaction score
Is it possible to enrol for the programme only when I want to convert the points to miles? How long does it take to enrol before I can apply for conversion?

When you enroll, you have the option to convert at the same time. Just check the box on the form accordingly.

invisible999

Master Member
Reaction score
KF miles transfer requirement

Did anybody notice that KF miles transfer went up from 5000 points block to 10000 points?

Or it is just me noticing it now?

invisible999

Master Member
Reaction score
We already discussed before, you are late man.

That's what happens when you stop reading this forum for a week.

So DBS has 10K minimum points transfer requirement, UOB - 5K UNI$.

Is there a card which has lower amount requirement and does not charge fee per transfer?

anfielder

Master Member
Reaction score
That's what happens when you stop reading this forum for a week.

So DBS has 10K minimum points transfer requirement, UOB - 5K UNI$.

Is there a card which has lower amount requirement and does not charge fee per transfer?

Maybank horizon visa, min 1250 pts block for 500 miles and transfers are free.

Suleyman

Reaction score
Did anybody notice that KF miles transfer went up from 5000 points block to 10000 points?

Or it is just me noticing it now?

Complained, cried, and moved on... :p

Actually, this has also got me to seriously consider Asiamiles as an alternative (Asiamiles transfer are still in blocks of 5000 points). If the news that Citi PM is changing Asiamiles transfer rate to 1 CitiMile to 1 Asiamile is true, it might be worthwhile to start accumulating my mileage in that program.

Certainly, Cathay (& oneworld) is more limited in terms of destinations compared to SQ, but if looking at long haul, I think the difference is negligible.

Maybank horizon visa, min 1250 pts block for 500 miles and transfers are free.

However, that card is good for nothing except for overseas transactions & air tickets (2 miles/$). However, even that has been overtaken by others (DBS Woman's can get you 4 miles/$ for air tix if booked online & UOB Visa Signature can get you 4 miles/$ for overseas transactions, min $1k, max $2k).

Suleyman

Reaction score
You need to be under "rewards infinite" then it is free

Nope.

Conversion fee waived for Maybank World MasterCard, Maybank Premier Platinum MasterCard, Maybank Visa Infinite Card and Maybank Horizon Platinum Visa Cardmembers only. Krisflyer Terms and Conditions apply.

swatchie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Actually, this has also got me to seriously consider Asiamiles as an alternative (Asiamiles transfer are still in blocks of 5000 points). If the news that Citi PM is changing Asiamiles transfer rate to 1 CitiMile to 1 Asiamile is true, it might be worthwhile to start accumulating my mileage in that program.

Certainly, Cathay (& oneworld) is more limited in terms of destinations compared to SQ, but if looking at long haul, I think the difference is negligible.

However, that card is good for nothing except for overseas transactions & air tickets (2 miles/$). However, even that has been overtaken by others (DBS Woman's can get you 4 miles/$ for air tix if booked online & UOB Visa Signature can get you 4 miles/$ for overseas transactions, min $1k, max $2k).

Actually the Maybank Horizon is still good for overseas usage if you spend less than $1000/month and you require a Visa.

lcpteck

Master Member
Reaction score

Let's see after October 1st which supposedly is the date when they change the redemption value.

Last edited:

lcpteck

Master Member
Reaction score

Is the redemption value better for CX? I looked at the AsiaMiles award chart and it's distance based while SQ is Zone based. I guess it also depends on the destination huh? SQ charges alot for YQ, what about CX?

Suleyman

Reaction score
Is the redemption value better for CX? I looked at the AsiaMiles award chart and it's distance based while SQ is Zone based. I guess it also depends on the destination huh? SQ charges alot for YQ, what about CX?

Correct. It will depend on destination. From playing around with the tool, I think if you are redeeming tickets to destinations served by SIA, KF will still give the best value in terms of points. However, Cathat/oneworld will give better value compared to redeeming *A tickets using KF miles.

Both charges high YQ, but I have never really compared them.

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Correct. It will depend on destination. From playing around with the tool, I think if you are redeeming tickets to destinations served by SIA, KF will still give the best value in terms of points. However, Cathat/oneworld will give better value compared to redeeming *A tickets using KF miles.

Both charges high YQ, but I have never really compared them.

Just going to USA for comparison. SIA/KF charge $800+ compared to Cathay/AM charge $500+, there is a significant difference in YQ between the 2.

KF does use lesser miles due to 15% off for online redemption for SQ so non-SQ flights does not have this advantage.

KennyBlaze

Reaction score
I was always hoping for a card that gives me UA miles or other useful FFP.. SQ mile worth a lot less than those

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.