DBS Altitude Visa Signature

Thanatos_Wraiths

Reaction score
I have checked with DBS via email if I pay annual fee, will I get the 10,000 miles and the FAR card? Their answer is "yes".
Thanks hclee, you never fail to update us the good stuffs.
Cheers! Although i don't qualify for this card.:(

lufu

Master Member
Reaction score
I have checked with DBS via email if I pay annual fee, will I get the 10,000 miles and the FAR card? Their answer is "yes". Extract of email:

If you apply for Feed at Raffles via your credit card application, the applicable credit card annual fee ($180/ $150) will be charged to your new credit card upon card issuance.

With regard to your enquiry on the 10,000 miles or 5000 DBS points, yes, you will still be eligible if you pay for the annual fee.

If you need further assistance and clarification, please do not hesitate to email us or call our 24 hour Customer Service hotline at 1800-111-1111 or +65 6327 2265 (overseas) for immediate assistance by our Customer Service Officers, especially for time-sensitive requests.

Allow me to take this opportunity to thank you for banking with DBS.

That was what they told me over the phone. Yours in writing. That's even better.

relaxxjaxx

Reaction score
So here's my question... How do you let them know if you want the 10k miles or 5k points? Call in?

swatchie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hclee01's post was about new application, not renewal. :)

So what you are saying is that if we pay $180 subscription for first year, we get both FAR and 10K miles? Or if we pay $180 for the first year, we get only FAR and subsequent payments of annual fee will net us 10k miles + FAR?

continuum

Reaction score
So here's my question... How do you let them know if you want the 10k miles or 5k points? Call in?
They will simply give you 5k points. You are free to convert them into miles if you want to.

So what you are saying is that if we pay $180 subscription for first year, we get both FAR and 10K miles? Or if we pay $180 for the first year, we get only FAR and subsequent payments of annual fee will net us 10k miles + FAR?
This may sound too good to be true, but from the email, it seems that you get both the FAR membership + 10k miles at the same time. Not sure whether this also applies to renewal.

swatchie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They will simply give you 5k points. You are free to convert them into miles if you want to.

This may sound too good to be true, but from the email, it seems that you get both the FAR membership + 10k miles at the same time. Not sure whether this also applies to renewal.

I just dropped them an email specifically detailing these questions out. Will update once I hear from them :)

goenitz33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks hclee, you never fail to update us the good stuffs.
Cheers! Although i don't qualify for this card.:(

Do you own any DBS cards?

if yes i think u should be able to get this.

Apply via Ibanking loh.

i think as existing in good credit standing, they will not reject you.

o0KelviN0o

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
har? need to pay for the FAR card one ah? tot free with this DBS card and 1st year annual fee is waived? :(

cs2007new

Reaction score

So if paying the annual fees, the bank will credit the 10k miles to my account now , is it ?
$180 for 10k miles is worth it, I must say. :s13:

Well i am short of 6k miles, planning to change for 2 way ticket to seoul ! :s12:

continuum

Reaction score
So if paying the annual fees, the bank will credit the 10k miles to my account now , is it ?

Well i am short of 6k miles, planning to change for 2 way ticket to seoul ! :s12:
That's what everyone has been trying to confirm. The consensus seems to be yes, you will get the 5k points/10k miles. But bear in mind that they may take quite a long time (up to a few months?) to credit it into your account.

swatchie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I have written an email to DBS to specifically ask this question. But from my call with the CSO, the answer is no. But better to have a black and white first.

cs2007new

Reaction score
That's what everyone has been trying to confirm. The consensus seems to be yes, you will get the 5k points/10k miles. But bear in mind that they may take quite a long time (up to a few months?) to credit it into your account.

No, this part you are wrong. DBS manage to credit another 4k miles into my account within a week, I am surprised that quite efficient. :D:D

avsquare

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do you own any DBS cards?

if yes i think u should be able to get this.

Apply via Ibanking loh.

i think as existing in good credit standing, they will not reject you.

is instant approval if you have an existing card lol.

I just tested it - click request for additional card, click DBS Altitude Visa Signature, do a quick completion of form, click confirm. Tada~ "Your application was successful. We will send the card to you in 3 business days"

limitation

Master Member
Reaction score
is instant approval if you have an existing card lol.

I just tested it - click request for additional card, click DBS Altitude Visa Signature, do a quick completion of form, click confirm. Tada~ "Your application was successful. We will send the card to you in 3 business days"

Yup..very efficient..i applied on saturday..and tue, i received the card in my mailbox liaoz..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.