DBS Black Card

Reaction score
Black Card seems to have ended the cashback for grocery and shopping promo. It's no longer in the T&C, nor the main card benefits description, but still mentioned in the "how to apply" section. Sticking to T&C for now, and not using the card, until there's more clarity from DBS.

Reaction score
I see. Didnt notice about this. Thanks for the info.

That said, it might be worth calling the CSO. November rebates are in for me and thus far, mine were always paid by the end of the following month. You better make sure there is no issue with the MCC of the shop you purchased the watch from.

Reaction score
Black Card seems to have ended the cashback for grocery and shopping promo. It's no longer in the T&C, nor the main card benefits description, but still mentioned in the "how to apply" section. Sticking to T&C for now, and not using the card, until there's more clarity from DBS.

DBS removed the cashback reference from the "how to apply" section hours after I posted the comment above. The Black Card is now useless, can be cancelled. I truly benefited from the 5% cashback on grocery promo, while it lasted. My grocery spending has now reverted back to BoC Family.

shengliang1981

Reaction score
That said, it might be worth calling the CSO. November rebates are in for me and thus far, mine were always paid by the end of the following month. You better make sure there is no issue with the MCC of the shop you purchased the watch from.

The shop that I purchased from is The Hour Glass Ltd. I guess the MCC code should be for watches as they sell only watches. Btw, had a Live Chat with DBS also and they also told me that rebate will be credited within 60 days. So I guess will just have to wait a while more..

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The shop that I purchased from is The Hour Glass Ltd. I guess the MCC code should be for watches as they sell only watches. Btw, had a Live Chat with DBS also and they also told me that rebate will be credited within 60 days. So I guess will just have to wait a while more..

just to be sure you spent more than $700 on the card in nov?

kero89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Looks like it :( luckily i made a deposit for my wedding band at (HOH) $700 on the 29th Dec and already gotten my cashback this week as unbilled transaction.

Now the balance can’t earn rebates until dbs reinstate the promo officially. :D give them until april when i will collect the band

KiraYamatoX

Reaction score
anyone have the tnc which includes the 5% rebate on grocery and shopping saved that can be shared with me?

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Anyone signing up? now got 6% for retail spend wor.

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
have to choose between Dining, Groceries or Shopping to receive cashback ,,, like back in ANZ days :(

and online transactions are excluded

Yah, I’m looking for pure retail best card, not for online use

hygge island

Reaction score
not sure if it is true. CSO sometimes also blur...
But i spend 1k each in Nov and Dec.. then no rebate. So Jan, i call them...

Apparently, my card is "DBS Treasures Black American Express card" not "DBS Black American Express". So not counted?!!

Edit: called 2nd time, confirm my card cannot... damn.. 2k worth of spending wasted.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.