HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

DBS Visa Debit 5% cashback for contactless payment

Like Tree126Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-07-2016, 01:00 AM   #16
Arch-Supremacy Member

this card as long as pay by VISA paywave, jiu will get 5% right ? its good for general use. paying by VISA , wont get hor?
IcYFl4mEz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2016, 01:33 AM   #17

I don't understand Why are people even comparing live and this card?
Because "people" knows live fresh's 5% (and 3x pts) applies to both online AND paywave but you don't?
jentang likes this.
ice_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2016, 01:37 AM   #18

this card as long as pay by VISA paywave, jiu will get 5% right ? its good for general use. paying by VISA , wont get hor?
Based on the description, yeah, paying by normal VISA (not paywave) won't get 5%.
Old 31-07-2016, 02:17 AM   #19

Based on the description, yeah, paying by normal VISA (not paywave) won't get 5%.
I thought shld have since it mention: enjoy 5% cashback when you pay using Visa payWave, through your card, Apple Pay, Samsung Pay or Android Pay
piyozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2016, 02:34 AM   #20

Live has min spending and only for online.

This one is paywave meaning you can tap at mcdonald for a few bucks and still get 5% no min spend. Live cant do this.

Both are useful for completely different situation.

So, why are people comparing again?
bro, live has 5% rebates for paywave as well. better to check before posting eh? only thing is, there is a min spending required.

this visa debit rebate looks good though. any fees for this debit card? i know some debit cards do impose like $18 or $20 annual fee.
ftft58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2016, 02:41 AM   #21

this visa debit rebate looks good though. any fees for this debit card? i know some debit cards do impose like $18 or $20 annual fee.
No fee, can check out Dbs website for more information.
piyozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2016, 03:03 AM   #22

I thought shld have since it mention: enjoy 5% cashback when you pay using Visa payWave, through your card, Apple Pay, Samsung Pay or Android Pay
hmm.. I thought it means the different ways of paywave: paywave by card, paywave by Apple pay, paywave by Samsung pay, paywave by Android pay. I think DBS is not so generous that any VISA transaction will award 5%... if that is the case, this card beats almost ALL other cards in the market..
Old 31-07-2016, 09:53 AM   #23

Live has min spending and only for online.

This one is paywave meaning you can tap at mcdonald for a few bucks and still get 5% no min spend. Live cant do this.

Both are useful for completely different situation.

So, why are people comparing again?
bcos they don read the tncs before asking questions.
so they think the cards works the same way
Old 31-07-2016, 10:02 AM   #24
Arch-Supremacy Member

bcos they don read the tncs before asking questions.
so they think the cards works the same way
You supporting gravityz3r0 when he is the one that don't understand Live Fresh can be used for Paywave and get 5% rebate also?
Trazora is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2016, 10:25 AM   #25

You supporting gravityz3r0 when he is the one that don't understand Live Fresh can be used for Paywave and get 5% rebate also?
with no min spend on live fresh?
Old 31-07-2016, 10:30 AM   #26
Master Member

Don't think it is valid for SAFRA, this seems to be specifically valid only for THE DBS Visa Debit card:

For the withdrawal part as long as you have more than one bank account should be no problem. There's nothing stopping you to transfer $$ from your DBS account to OCBC/UOB and then withdrawing multiple times from their ATMs.
What if I use another card to withdraw more than 3 times from the same bank account as the Visa Debit card?
Panerex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2016, 10:32 AM   #27
Master Member

Is the 5% discount reflect immediatiely on the bank account, or must wait till month end?
Panerex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2016, 10:46 AM   #28
Arch-Supremacy Member

with no min spend on live fresh?
there is min $700 spending requirement for live fresh, live fresh has 1.2miles/$ also, live fresh also has 5% rebate and 1.2 miles/$ for online spending, live fresh repayment is 1 month later. There are pro and cons so that's the point of the comparison between the two cards.
Old 31-07-2016, 10:50 AM   #29
Arch-Supremacy Member

What if I use another card to withdraw more than 3 times from the same bank account as the Visa Debit card?
cannot. To successfully enjoy Cashback on Contactless Spend transactions, Customer must keep to 3 times or less cash withdrawals at local DBS/POSB ATMs across all his DBS/POSB cards and Qualifying Card as well as at local DBS/POSB branches in the month.

Last edited by Trazora; 31-07-2016 at 10:53 AM..
Old 31-07-2016, 11:48 AM   #30
Arch-Supremacy Member

thats y im confused, cos the TNC did state, NETS/flashpay etc transaction EXCLUDE. but nv say VISA ...
IcYFl4mEz is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.