HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

DBS Woman's MasterCard

Like Tree515Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-08-2012, 11:42 AM   #16

Best CC for miles for online purchase / payment

The DSB Woman WORLD Mastercard is easily the most flexible card to earn miles!!!!

Any online purchase ( in SGD only ??? ) earns you 10x points ( max $2k / month for $24K limit per year ) => $1 = 4 KF Miles.

Last edited by planetshaker; 17-08-2012 at 11:45 AM..
planetshaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2012, 11:56 AM   #17
Arch-Supremacy Member

the problem is if u apply le but dun use, after 1st year u cancel, they die die say wan claw back the 1st year annual charge without waiver if u cancel then how.

afterall as written, 2nd year onwards they will wan u to pay annual charges unless u spend above 25k.
naruto13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2012, 12:09 PM   #18

the problem is if u apply le but dun use, after 1st year u cancel, they die die say wan claw back the 1st year annual charge without waiver if u cancel then how.

afterall as written, 2nd year onwards they will wan u to pay annual charges unless u spend above 25k.
Anyway, for ppl who apply, they definitely will have a use for it. Anyway for $24k spend, you get 96,000 KF miles. If you spend $1k more to get it waived, it can be done. Else, pay $192.60 for annual fee if you maximise to get 96,000 miles, still worth it bah....
Old 17-08-2012, 12:23 PM   #19

That's what every bank says for their cards and you can always either (a) get waiver or (b) cancel the card without further penalty.

Anyway, this card is only attractive if you do a lot of purchases online. If not, there is a limited attraction to it. Frankly, I would prefer UOB Preferred Amex. It also offers 4 miles per $ for purchases as stores selling clothes, bags, shoes and department stores, including online purchases. That covers most of the online shopping we do. The rest are at iTunes, Amazon, which are 'low value' items. I have Citibank Clear card (even if it earns at a lesser 2 miles /$ for that) for those.

That & also I do not fulfil the most basic criteria... :p

Last edited by Suleyman; 17-08-2012 at 12:32 PM..
Suleyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2012, 12:35 PM   #20
Arch-Supremacy Member

That's what every bank says for their cards and you can always either (a) get waiver or (b) cancel the card without further penalty.
for point b, i understand.
as for point a, seem like the new card they introducing then have such typical clause.

so until its longer in the market, hard to gauge.
naruto13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2012, 12:45 PM   #21

for point b, i understand.
as for point a, seem like the new card they introducing then have such typical clause.

so until its longer in the market, hard to gauge.
I've seen similar clauses in many cards from many banks, that you will need to pay the annual fee unless you hit $X spending the previous year. These are also the ones who will give waiver if you don't hit that spending (eg, Maybank Horizon needs $12k, which I have not hit, but which they gave me a waiver anyway). What's new about this one?
Old 17-08-2012, 01:21 PM   #22

Can men apply for this?
battledome64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2012, 01:53 PM   #23

Can men apply for this?
Yes. No need to "potong' !!! Just apply thru internet banking on DBS / POSB for instant approval.

You get 10x for online hotel / air tickets / medical supplies / phone bills / PUB payments etc
ykeen likes this.
Old 17-08-2012, 09:49 PM   #24

Anyway, this card is only attractive if you do a lot of purchases online. If not, there is a limited attraction to it. Frankly, I would prefer UOB Preferred Amex. It also offers 4 miles per $ for purchases as stores selling clothes, bags, shoes and department stores, including online purchases. That covers most of the online shopping we do. The rest are at iTunes, Amazon, which are 'low value' items. I have Citibank Clear card (even if it earns at a lesser 2 miles /$ for that) for those.

That & also I do not fulfil the most basic criteria... :p
seems uob prefer amex can't earn 10x points at amazon but dbs woman card can. going to apply it now since everyday card just cancelled so no more dbs mastercard now.
zjjx1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2012, 10:06 PM   #25

Yes. No need to "potong' !!! Just apply thru internet banking on DBS / POSB for instant approval.

You get 10x for online hotel / air tickets / medical supplies / phone bills / PUB payments etc
Amazing thanks
battledome64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2012, 11:23 AM   #26

seems uob prefer amex can't earn 10x points at amazon but dbs woman card can. going to apply it now since everyday card just cancelled so no more dbs mastercard now.
That's true. Just that I don't really spend enough at Amazon in a year to justify getting this card, when I am already getting 2.5 miles from UOB PRVI or 2.8 miles from ANZ (at least until the end of the month).

Of course, if you have a DBS Altitude, then changes things, since the points are all combined in one basket.
Old 18-08-2012, 02:29 PM   #27

confirm on the 10x for those merchants? Cause the way they word it, it seems only retail merchants then can get the 10x.
alwaysnforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2012, 03:39 PM   #28

confirm on the 10x for those merchants? Cause the way they word it, it seems only retail merchants then can get the 10x.
Should be any online retail transaction... i paid money online to Government body also got 10x. Shhhh...
Old 21-08-2012, 01:28 AM   #29

approval is super fast, submission next day night already see the new card no when login IB,
zjjx1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2012, 01:11 AM   #30

10,000 miles

I received the Women's World card today, and I am unsure about something.

10x DBS points on all online purchases.

So if I spend $500 online, I get 5000 DBS points? 5000 DBS points can get 10,000 miles?

That sounds too good to be true, so am I missing something here? I am baffled because with my current UOB Signature Visa, I have to spend $2500 to get 10,000 miles
toffifee is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.