DBS Woman's MasterCard

Suleyman

Reaction score
for point b, i understand.
as for point a, seem like the new card they introducing then have such typical clause.

so until its longer in the market, hard to gauge.

I've seen similar clauses in many cards from many banks, that you will need to pay the annual fee unless you hit $X spending the previous year. These are also the ones who will give waiver if you don't hit that spending (eg, Maybank Horizon needs $12k, which I have not hit, but which they gave me a waiver anyway). What's new about this one?

zjjx1977

Reaction score
That's what every bank says for their cards and you can always either (a) get waiver or (b) cancel the card without further penalty.

Anyway, this card is only attractive if you do a lot of purchases online. If not, there is a limited attraction to it. Frankly, I would prefer UOB Preferred Amex. It also offers 4 miles per $ for purchases as stores selling clothes, bags, shoes and department stores, including online purchases. That covers most of the online shopping we do. The rest are at iTunes, Amazon, which are 'low value' items. I have Citibank Clear card (even if it earns at a lesser 2 miles /$ for that) for those.

That & also I do not fulfil the most basic criteria... :p
seems uob prefer amex can't earn 10x points at amazon but dbs woman card can. going to apply it now since everyday card just cancelled so no more dbs mastercard now.

Suleyman

Reaction score
seems uob prefer amex can't earn 10x points at amazon but dbs woman card can. going to apply it now since everyday card just cancelled so no more dbs mastercard now.

That's true. Just that I don't really spend enough at Amazon in a year to justify getting this card, when I am already getting 2.5 miles from UOB PRVI or 2.8 miles from ANZ (at least until the end of the month).

Of course, if you have a DBS Altitude, then changes things, since the points are all combined in one basket.

alwaysnforever

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes. No need to "potong' !!! Just apply thru internet banking on DBS / POSB for instant approval.

You get 10x for online hotel / air tickets / medical supplies / phone bills / PUB payments etc :)

confirm on the 10x for those merchants? Cause the way they word it, it seems only retail merchants then can get the 10x.

zjjx1977

Reaction score
approval is super fast, submission next day night already see the new card no when login IB,

toffifee

Reaction score
10,000 miles

I received the Women's World card today, and I am unsure about something.

10x DBS points on all online purchases.

So if I spend $500 online, I get 5000 DBS points? 5000 DBS points can get 10,000 miles?

That sounds too good to be true, so am I missing something here? I am baffled because with my current UOB Signature Visa, I have to spend $2500 to get 10,000 miles

the_ed

Reaction score
I received the Women's World card today, and I am unsure about something.

10x DBS points on all online purchases.

So if I spend $500 online, I get 5000 DBS points? 5000 DBS points can get 10,000 miles?

That sounds too good to be true, so am I missing something here? I am baffled because with my current UOB Signature Visa, I have to spend $2500 to get 10,000 miles

DBS points are awarded for every $5 spent. So, with this card, you get 10 DBS points per $5 or 4 miles per dollar. For $500, that's 1,000 points or 2,000 miles.

Last edited:

Cen

Reaction score
Any one tried paying with Paypal? Is it considered online transaction? Thanks!

toffifee

Reaction score
DBS points are awarded for every $5 spent. So, with this card, you get 10 DBS points per $5 or 4 miles per dollar. For $500, that's 1,000 points or 2,000 miles.

Thanks for the info. Do you know if there's a minimum charge per month for DBS card before they give you 10x? Cos for UOB, need to have minimum $500.

toffifee

Reaction score
Thank you! I am not likely to exceed $2000 so I think it's fine. Anyway this means in terms of points, the DBS women's card has no real advantage over the UOB signature.

Suleyman

Reaction score
Thank you! I am not likely to exceed $2000 so I think it's fine. Anyway this means in terms of points, the DBS women's card has no real advantage over the UOB signature.

Why would you say that? The UOB Signature Visa is a horrible card...

toffifee

Reaction score
Why would you say that? The UOB Signature Visa is a horrible card...

I was commenting from a rewards points point-of-view. I use them to accumulate Krisflyer miles and it's been the most rewarding of the cards I have.

Why do you find it horrible?

Suleyman

Reaction score
I was commenting from a rewards points point-of-view. I use them to accumulate Krisflyer miles and it's been the most rewarding of the cards I have.

Why do you find it horrible?

You earn 2X UNI$, or 2 UNI$ per $5 transaction. This translates to 0.8 miles per $. There are so many cards that offer more miles per $, including
- UOB PRVI Miles Amex (1.6 miles per $)
- ANZ Travel Visa (1.4 miles per $)
- Citibank Premiermiles (1.2 miles per $)
- DBS Altitude Visa/Amex (1.2 miles per $ for 1st $2k per month, 1.6 miles per $ for charges above $2k)

Honestly, you could be earning a lot more miles using any of those cards.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.