DBS Woman's MasterCard

aLpHa-Ev7

Reaction score
I can't gain anything if i BS you right?

If you got 10x for this w/o calling it to ask them for manual adjustment then you are very lucky.

My taobao purchases are always assorted between "ALIPAY*TAOBAO.COM SHANGHAI CN" and ALIPAY (ÌÔ±¦º£ÍâÈ«ÇòÕ¾Ê×Ò³) HANGZHOU CN.

Chillout mate. The reason why i asked is because i asked the CSO before and ALIPAY*TAOBAO.COM SHANGHAI CN qualifies for 10X points.

Hence i was surprised to read otherwise.

kokitty

Reaction score
Chillout mate. The reason why i asked is because i asked the CSO before and ALIPAY*TAOBAO.COM SHANGHAI CN qualifies for 10X points.

Hence i was surprised to read otherwise.

ALIPAY*TAOBAO.COM SHANGHAI CN technically qualifies for 10x, so DBS will honor awarding you the points. However cos DBS utilises the funds routing code as a reference while awarding the points, their system will not be able to award the points automatically. Hence, the only way to get the points you otherwise deserve is via manual adjustment which you'll have to call in to request.

Anyway, just sharing what i discovered while having to do manual adjustments 3 months in a row last year. In the end, decided not to use this card for Taobao purchases cos feel quite embarrassed to call in every month.

But i do have to commend DBS for making the effort to do manual adjustments. The are 2 other banks which i had the same "Taobao issue" just said "sorry, but unfortunately the routing code of the transaction is such that it is processed offline".

Last edited:

aLpHa-Ev7

Reaction score
ALIPAY*TAOBAO.COM SHANGHAI CN technically qualifies for 10x, so DBS will honor awarding you the points. However cos DBS utilises the funds routing code as a reference while awarding the points, their system will not be able to award the points automatically. Hence, the only way to get the points you otherwise deserve is via manual adjustment which you'll have to call in to request.

Anyway, just sharing what i discovered while having to do manual adjustments 3 months in a row last year. In the end, decided not to use this card for Taobao purchases cos feel quite embarrassed to call in every month.

But i do have to commend DBS for making the effort to do manual adjustments. The are 2 other banks which i had the same "Taobao issue" just said "sorry, but unfortunately the routing code of the transaction is such that it is processed offline".

thanks.

I hope i dont have to do that, otherwise i will just continue using my Altitude card, but at only HALF the amount of miles :(

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not really true, my AIA paid using this card is zero point.

The payment is not charged online, many people make the mistake of thinking that just keying in the credit card online mean online payment, its not true. Booking hotels is one of this pitfall as well. You key in online is only to collect the credit card details, actual payment is done offline.

aLpHa-Ev7

Reaction score
The payment is not charged online, many people make the mistake of thinking that just keying in the credit card online mean online payment, its not true. Booking hotels is one of this pitfall as well. You key in online is only to collect the credit card details, actual payment is done offline.

yes, i second that. a lot of transactions are processed offline.

tbs

Reaction score
How do you know if a transaction online has been awarded the points or processed online or offline?

lcpteck

Master Member
Reaction score
How do you know if a transaction online has been awarded the points or processed online or offline?

Unfortunately you won't be able to tell, only the bank will know.

If the online transaction requires you to enter the 2FA (2nd factor authentication code that comes to your phone via SMS) then it definitely is an online transaction. However some don't require this code and it is also an online transaction (e.g. pizza hut online). So we can only note down our experiences and learn from it.

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Which other banks did you try? I used BOC and it appear as retail purchase (POS) and alipay taobao Hangzhou but both get the extra 5% for online. BOC must be doing something at their servers to recognise the offline taobao transactions as online transactions.

I know UOB preferred plat got the same issue as DBS. Citibank rewards also seem to be the same.

Last edited:

ORELLE

Master Member
Reaction score
Premium Payment Channels - AIA Singapore

I don't know how you manage to pay using a payment method not listed as available on AIA... Credit card is not even listed as a payment option...

for this, I m not quite sure. the aia insurance agent told me they accepts credit card payment from dbs n Citibank.

I had made 2 payment. 1 is through axs, the other is through online.
I had use internet banking for the online.

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for this, I m not quite sure. the aia insurance agent told me they accepts credit card payment from dbs n Citibank.

I had made 2 payment. 1 is through axs, the other is through online.
I had use internet banking for the online.

You use ibanking for your so-called online payment? No wonder no points. Yes use ibanking to pay no points. AXS also no points.

rhyolitester

Reaction score
ORELLE brother, AXS and ibanking confirm no points.. some insurance give them the CC number, they charge manually on their end. Not sure which though, mine is not one of those companies

kokitty

Reaction score
Which other banks did you try? I used BOC and it appear as retail purchase (POS) and alipay taobao Hangzhou but both get the extra 5% for online. BOC must be doing something at their servers to recognise the offline taobao transactions as online transactions.

I know UOB preferred plat got the same issue as DBS. Citibank rewards also seem to be the same.

Oh, have tried CIMB visa signature and same as you, UOB preferred plat. Both recognise as POS so not given the bonus rebate %. OCBC Frank is erratic, in some months bonus was given and some months not.

I learnt through months of "testing", nowadays i just keep it clean and simple, using the UOB visa signature... sure to get my bonus rewards no matter online or offline LOL. Can't try BOC since i don't have the card:)

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh, have tried CIMB visa signature and same as you, UOB preferred plat. Both recognise as POS so not given the bonus rebate %. OCBC Frank is erratic, in some months bonus was given and some months not.

I learnt through months of "testing", nowadays i just keep it clean and simple, using the UOB visa signature... sure to get my bonus rewards no matter online or offline LOL. Can't try BOC since i don't have the card:)

OCBC Frank work like BOC, 100% got the rebate. I have over 100 TB transactions last year and all got rebate. I purposely go and check to understand this phenomenon. I don't know how they do it but my guess is they must have edited the script at their end to award rebate for these taobao offline charges.

lcpteck

Master Member
Reaction score
Have been in that line for last 30 years, but in early years we first had KB, then MB and GB and now - TB.

inflation....

I remember the first computer I ever used was the IBM XT, had only few KB of memory I think.

Oh I miss Ancient Art of War. :s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.