HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Debt consolidation Plan

Like Tree1539Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-02-2017, 10:30 AM   #46

every other bank may just straight away reject your fresh CC application, pathetic isnt it? Why the bank will consider a DCP holder application when there are 96% of better candidates elsewhere?)
oh ic....is it the same case with those who took RAS, debt management program etc..?

actually people who took DCP are trying honestly to clear loans and dcp is a convenient mode of payment for them( only one installment for all loans).They are no way bad borrowers right..?
deadlockb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2017, 04:10 PM   #47

oh ic....is it the same case with those who took RAS, debt management program etc..?

actually people who took DCP are trying honestly to clear loans and dcp is a convenient mode of payment for them( only one installment for all loans).They are no way bad borrowers right..?
Agree bro !!! Well said ..
Iwanttobehappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2017, 08:25 AM   #48
Master Member

Well, assume you have cleared all CC debts in 3 years (NO DCP)....
That "rainbows and puppies" assumption would be lovely, but it's not common at typical 28% credit card interest rates and outstanding debt >100% of annual earnings. Bankruptcy is common in that scenario. You cannot repair what you cannot repair.

It is an extremely odd objection that the DCP "limits" the participant to one credit card if the alleged plan is to pay off all debt in three years. Why would any individual who carried such huge, high cost debt ever rationally want to do so again? Even one credit card might be one too many.
BBCWatcher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2017, 10:30 AM   #49

Yes, those took debt relieve program suffered too. Banks definitely do not care if you are clearing the loan 'honestly' or not. They love min payment high interest customers. If you are the banks, can choose to earn 28% consistently, why limit yourself to a person who has taken DCP ?
Izumi8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2017, 11:28 AM   #50

DBS interest is 6.99%, they just called me recently.

I haven't submit my application yet. As during this few month I have lost my job and currently doing ad hoc. Then this 3,4 mth suddenly my credit Record grade become HH. Previously was quite perfect. Wonder will it affect.
By right this program is suppose to help people clear debt, shouldn't be to rely on the credit report.
Now all my cc card I need to pay around 1k plus. With this plan. I might be able to pay $600 plus only
leong25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2017, 04:51 PM   #51

I haven't submit my application yet. As during this few month I have lost my job and currently doing ad hoc. Then this 3,4 mth suddenly my credit Record grade become HH. Previously was quite perfect. Wonder will it affect.
By right this program is suppose to help people clear debt, shouldn't be to rely on the credit report.
Now all my cc card I need to pay around 1k plus. With this plan. I might be able to pay $600 plus only
Icic .. I saw from website was 10.99% .. o mine is HH too .. but if conso all together I sure can pay on time monthly .. if they call u means high % will approve one ..
Old 17-02-2017, 12:09 AM   #52
SBC
Supremacy Member

Is CC debt rising fast in SG now?
SBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2017, 12:33 AM   #53
Master Member

Is CC debt rising fast in SG now?
Yes.
BBCWatcher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2017, 06:10 PM   #54

Please state the DBS DCP Interest Rate of 6.99% you heard is calculated based on which method:
Flat Rate (similar to Car Loan/Personal Term Loan)
Reducing Balance (Housing Loan)
What is Effective Interest Rate (EIR)? (Different Tenure different interest rate)

Without this info, it will be impossible to compare the Interest Rate with other banks.
Izumi8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2017, 07:37 PM   #55
Arch-Supremacy Member

For you is not bad borrower but not others. Others see the person as incapable to manage the finance and don't have the capabilites to clear the debt. Credit bureau is to measure the probability whether the person will default on loan or not. If is good borrower, no need come to this step.

delceer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2017, 11:59 PM   #56

Flat 6.99% no matter u choose 1 year or 8 year to repay. I got the application form with me
Please state the DBS DCP Interest Rate of 6.99% you heard is calculated based on which method:
Flat Rate (similar to Car Loan/Personal Term Loan)
Reducing Balance (Housing Loan)
What is Effective Interest Rate (EIR)? (Different Tenure different interest rate)

Without this info, it will be impossible to compare the Interest Rate with other banks.
leong25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2017, 12:27 AM   #57
Arch-Supremacy Member

anybody alr on the plan ?
sneggg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2017, 07:56 AM   #58

Flat 6.99% no matter u choose 1 year or 8 year to repay. I got the application form with me
What's the EIR number? They will use the EIR to calculate the monthly payment

multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2017, 10:18 AM   #59

From DBS page:

"Interest rates from as low as 9.8% p.a.(EIR)! To find out more click on "Contact Me" button below."

Annual rate shown is usually lower than EIR. Citibank EIR is 10.5% I think.

SCB has one of the highest EIR around:

"Applied / flat interest rate (from 6.88% p.a. to 8.58% p.a.)
EIR: Effective interest rate (from 11.51% p.a. to 15.53% p.a.)"
Vygotsky84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2017, 11:27 AM   #60

Actually i m thinking . Out of the so many banks , which bank will be more easier to apply ... as in not so strict ?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.