Do banks call our employer to verify the details on credit card applications?

LorLeister

Reaction score
I was told by a friend, that banks call up our employers to verify income details and confirm that the person applying for the card is working there.

Does anyone know if this is true?

ccssgm

Reaction score
I was told by a friend, that banks call up our employers to verify income details and confirm that the person applying for the card is working there.

They will call the office and Look for U.
Confirm that U r working there ;)

alamakazam

Banned
Reaction score
They will call the office and Look for U.
Confirm that U r working there ;)

they never... cos I gave bogus phone number, not on purpose though, I just can't remember my office tel no

even relative/friend detail I just put my house number and pass away uncle

but they will always check credit bureau report

u will notice on your report, there are checks by banks ... get your Not free report here http://www.creditbureau.com.sg/

Last edited:

jazdrive

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Your friend is absolutely right, not for all cases though.

purplewave

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
not always, so far there's only 1 bank called my office. all others nope.

cHAmy27

Reaction score
does anyone pay here to get their credit report?
there's a example on the website and i think thats a consumer report
I heard the bank access has your report in Grading system .. not sure if its true

I am thinking of getting my frist time report by end of the year to check what bad things i have done to the banks..
lol

alamakazam

Banned
Reaction score
I heard the bank access has your report in Grading system .. not sure if its true

I am thinking of getting my frist time report by end of the year to check what bad things i have done to the banks..
lol

I get it because of getting hdb loan...

LorLeister

Reaction score
I do not mind providing my office number, it is a direct line. So is that ok. Because my direct line only fellow colleagues or my clients call. So I never answer good afternoon xyz company.

I feel providing main line is not ok wif me as this is my private mater. If I am not around, I do not want my recep to know I am applying for card and which bank card.

lucifer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why do they go to all the trouble...

Its already written in the CPF statement where we are working?

mummyshah

Reaction score

lol

How to apply for this grading system report? I want to apply for the same too. Cos i always apply cards/loan got rejected although my credit report (from CBS) stated AAAA all the way.

Thai_Rak_Thai

Master Member
Reaction score
How to apply for this grading system report? I want to apply for the same too. Cos i always apply cards/loan got rejected although my credit report (from CBS) stated AAAA all the way.
clean bureau report and minimum income is 2 different things, don't confuse them. Based on your previous postings, if you are salaried earner with annual income of S$30K, sure no horse run. But if you need to include variable, OT, bonus - some banks are strict on that.

Banks make random calls, only to verify you are a staff mostly at new establishment. Not checking on income. It's very random, no criteria to pick, ie - someone earning S$5K a month may get the call as opposed to someone earning S$3K

xipi

Reaction score
they never... cos I gave bogus phone number, not on purpose though, I just can't remember my office tel no

even relative/friend detail I just put my house number and pass away uncle

but they will always check credit bureau report

u will notice on your report, there are checks by banks ... get your Not free report here http://www.creditbureau.com.sg/

I did give "wrong" office number to bank, the outcome is they call my mobile and ask for office number. And told me it is mandate to hv office number. I guess they will call our employer when we own them $$$.....:s13::s13:

BudakChow

Banned
Reaction score
Aiyo, so many wrong info given out here.

Banks might call your office only to check if you are really working there.

As for income details, no one has the authority to request and reveal such sensitive data verbally via the phone.

socketer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
scb called my HR to ask. the HR person asked them to fug off... the HR person my friend so i know..

squid93

Master Member
Reaction score
sorry to bump an old thread but do they still perform random calls in 2018? :s12:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.