EZLink or NETS Flashpay with credit cards

Allen_C_Sharp

Reaction score
Went to giant, has flash pay machine, the staff don't know how to use, tried twice failed while I got 100 inside, paid by pay wave instead...
Where the fk got fp machine working? Damn inconvenient:(

wts2013

Banned
Reaction score
I still love nets flashpay, just need to know when and how to use it, haha. S*** NETS and OCBC, still got no reply why cannot setup against Frank card, then all my topups since April 19 still not posted to cc, maybe reason why they delaying ocbc360 bonus interest, I'm going to jump if they post interest before topups, hahaha.

Fell@w

Reaction score
I still love nets flashpay, just need to know when and how to use it, haha. S*** NETS and OCBC, still got no reply why cannot setup against Frank card, then all my topups since April 19 still not posted to cc, maybe reason why they delaying ocbc360 bonus interest, I'm going to jump if they post interest before topups, hahaha.

Guess sth wrong at Nets side, the ATU amt was locked in Credit limit but not posted to date since mid Apr. :s22:

PeachGal

Reaction score
I think you are confused. Amex imagine ezlink rebate is cap at $5, nothing to do with ez-reload or top up online etc.

My point is nets flashpay auto top up simply doesn't work well enough for non-transit usage.

yup flashpay atu works only for transport and carpart gentry, I guess thats the same for ezlink?

sandwicher

Reaction score
yup flashpay atu works only for transport and carpart gentry, I guess thats the same for ezlink?

EZ Link reloads at both Transport + Retail points (except a few retail pts like Cold Storage). Most retail points will auto reload.

This itself, makes me incline to use EZ Link compared to FP

Allen_C_Sharp

Reaction score
EZ Link reloads at both Transport + Retail points (except a few retail pts like Cold Storage). Most retail points will auto reload.

Agree, Ezlink is much more convenient than fp, at least for now.

dreamyboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There is no best card at the moment. It boils down to your lifestyle. Some of the outlets I patronise only accept flashpay. So my choice gotta be this card.

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Ezlink reload at retail points too and can top up everyday or you can just top up more as and well you like with your credit card online. Nets flashpay ATU is just lousy, extremely lousy.

PeachGal

Reaction score

Ahh... I didnt know that, really good point. :) I guess fp just need buckle up their topup and atu scheme, imo doesnt seem that hard to do. I really been seeing ezlink retail pts declining hmm....

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think lots of place have the nets flash pay machine but not allowed to use. Today went to ikea tempines restaurant saw the flash pay machine, but the cashier said hasn't setup yet so cannot use, then paid by visa.
Don't know how long it has been like this for ikea.

In such a small country. We have2 system and they are not compatible to each other, is really a joke. Need not to say why they are not popular in other establishments.

Take a look to the Octopus card in Hong Kong. Is everywhere, top up at many place without service charge, and you can even use the card in Macua and Shenzhen. The beautiful one is you do not have to pay for the card!

PeachGal

Reaction score
In such a small country. We have2 system and they are not compatible to each other, is really a joke. Need not to say why they are not popular in other establishments.

Take a look to the Octopus card in Hong Kong. Is everywhere, top up at many place without service charge, and you can even use the card in Macua and Shenzhen. The beautiful one is you do not have to pay for the card!

fp seemed to got that potential to follow octopus card. Imo Its good to have competition to benefit consumers, but not friendly market sharing, it just makes things inconvenient.

Allen_C_Sharp

Reaction score
I tried to use fp at CS and ntuc, both got fp machines, but sometimes some staff said cannot use and some know how to use. I usually just use pay wave if they say cannot as I don't want keep others waiting.

But I don't understand why they still put the machines there while they never train their staff well on how to use fp, this is not the first year fp came out, really inconvenient.

By the way, I never encountered a staff who don't know how to use pay wave at any CS and ntuc, neither encounter at cheers who don't know how to use ezlink. So weird fp...

PeachGal

Reaction score
maybe no incentive for merchant to use fp at all, thats why the lack of training. Think situation should improve when there are enough fp users..

Allen_C_Sharp

Reaction score
Hope that day can come soon, infrastructure all layed out, they just need to improve on the ATU and online top up by credit cards, as well as incentives to let the merchant to train their staff how to use the fp terminal. Then I will switch to fp.

PeachGal

Reaction score
Hope that day can come soon, infrastructure all layed out, they just need to improve on the ATU and online top up by credit cards, as well as incentives to let the merchant to train their staff how to use the fp terminal. Then I will switch to fp.

hmm why it feels like sacarcism... =/ Just stating my opinion.

ykeen

Reaction score
Usually I'll email nets to 'complain' whenever I encounter a merchant with flashpay terminal and the cashier don't allow payment with it.

Hopefully this way can encourage the merchant to use flashpay as usually nets will go verify with them.

sandwicher

Reaction score
Usually I'll email nets to 'complain' whenever I encounter a merchant with flashpay terminal and the cashier don't allow payment with it.

Hopefully this way can encourage the merchant to use flashpay as usually nets will go verify with them.

This. Word.
I just feedback to the retail and nets / ez link whenever the cashier says 'spoil'. If it's spoil, why am I not seeing signs for it? And spoil for months? Rubbish.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.