HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

ICBC Introduces New 1.5% Local/3.0% Overseas Rebate MasterCard

Like Tree48Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2017, 02:09 AM   #31

I'm a little worried about this shortcoming as I completely rely on GIRO to settle all my credit card bills....not organized enough to keep track of due dates. I just got a call from ICBC a week after submitting the physical application at their main branch requesting for an additional document that I had inadvertently left out. The person on the line [admittedly someone from the processing department] didn't think they allowed GIRO payment.
yes that is right. i called ICBC 2 weeks ago and confirmed, no GIRO from other banks. only GIRO from ICBC bank allowed.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
silverbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 11:48 AM   #32
Master Member

You might as well request the GIRO form and see what it says. Occasionally a random bank employee (or two) isn't entirely familiar with their own products.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
BBCWatcher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 03:19 PM   #33

Will cross the bridge when I get there. Still waiting for the card. Will probably use it only for overseas spend if bills can't be paid via GIRO.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
259850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2017, 10:52 AM   #34

So here's my experience: Dropped off the application form at the ICBC branch on 21/6 and yesterday, got a package in my mailbox. Not bad, I thought.

I excitedly opened the package and guess what? They sent me the wrong card. I got the Unionpay Koipy instead of the Mastercard. I'm 100% sure I ticked the Mastercard in my application form.

Anyway, that's it. I'm going to call to cancel the card when I have the time. Not going to deal with ICBC again until their processes improve.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 17-07-2017, 10:51 PM   #35
Supremacy Member

Just got the card today. Found out they only take uob,hsbc and dbs for payment of bills through ibanking.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 17-07-2017, 11:38 PM   #36

Just got the card today. Found out they only take uob,hsbc and dbs for payment of bills through ibanking.
do you mean their CASA acct can only pay cc bills from these 3 banks?
~Dragonite~ likes this.
KiraYamatoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2017, 08:34 PM   #37

Applied via mail on 19 June, got a call from them on 03 July to verify some details and boom, got my card today, so took about a month. Came with a "Rewards Lounge" access card (good for one visit to SATS, Ambassador or Plaza Premium lounges in Changi Airport, can top up credits for further visits if you want) so guess I was one of the first 1,000 to get this card.

Card itself looks rather tacky in real life. But this card is so new, it's using the new MasterCard logo that I'm not familiar with; just overlapping red and yellow circles and the word "mastercard" below this logo, unlike other Mastercards I have. It even made me think if this is a China chiong card for a minute until I went to google it to confirm. Time to retire my Stanchart Unlimited, CIMB VISA Signature and CIMB Platinum Mastercard.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
wealth_farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2017, 08:33 AM   #38
Supremacy Member

do you mean their CASA acct can only pay cc bills from these 3 banks?
I asked which bank I could pay their cc bill with and he told me those 3.

im quite new to Credit Card scene though, so i might have understood wrongly.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Shinji Kagawa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2017, 08:40 AM   #39
Arch-Supremacy Member

You can also use masters debit card from any bank to pay the CC bill on AXS app or online
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Trazora is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2017, 09:59 AM   #40
Supremacy Member

A side qns.. Visa debit card use to pay what to clock up min. spending?
~Dragonite~ likes this.
babyrobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2017, 11:51 AM   #41
Supremacy Member

for credit card payment, i tend to use axs phone app because you can pay multiple bank's credit card bill with one payment.

i see that icbc supports axs payment, so you can try using axs phone app to pay your credit card bill.

from what i gathered from axs website, you can pay using DBS Bank/POSB, OCBC Bank, UOB, Citibank or Standard Chartered
~Dragonite~ likes this.
tJ3333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2017, 03:42 PM   #42

So here's my experience: Dropped off the application form at the ICBC branch on 21/6 and yesterday, got a package in my mailbox. Not bad, I thought.

I excitedly opened the package and guess what? They sent me the wrong card. I got the Unionpay Koipy instead of the Mastercard. I'm 100% sure I ticked the Mastercard in my application form.

Anyway, that's it. I'm going to call to cancel the card when I have the time. Not going to deal with ICBC again until their processes improve.
Last Friday, I finally remembered to call them. Was answered in a China call center. Instead of cancelling, I just told them that they sent me the wrong card. The CSO - who spoke accented but reasonably fluent English - said that she'll get the backoffice in Singapore to call me back. Today, I got a callback from Singapore. They acknowledged their error and promised to rush me the Mastercard asap. They even offered to hand deliver it to my office as soon as they get it.

So, I'm giving them a second chance. Error was made but service recovery can't be faulted. I can live with dealing with a China call center, much better than dealing with some of the "amazing" CSOs ANZ used to employ.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 27-07-2017, 08:40 PM   #43
Master Member

is the 3% overseas cash rebates a good deal, at least better than SCB Unlimited and CIMB VI?

TIA
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Panerex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2017, 04:26 PM   #44
Master Member

has anyone got this card? how long does ICBC take to process?
finally got the cards last night.
any new sign up spending promo ar?
Old 29-07-2017, 01:00 PM   #45
Arch-Supremacy Member

anyone knows what are the slightly more premier icbc credit cards?

like citi prestige, ultima, uob VI that kind
cybercom8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.