HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Maybank Family and Friends grocery casback

Like Tree79Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-04-2012, 09:55 PM   #241

I've just subscribed to the H*riz*n card as they offer 5x rewards for overseas spending. But to my dismay, a S$1000+ transaction in Germany (was charged in EUR) was not given 5x cause the merchant bank charged me in S$. I've feedback to the customer service over their hotline but she just dismissed as "if its not in foreign currency, then it's not subject to 5x rewards. You can try filling a dispute form but we don't guarantee that you get approve". It is impossible to determine which currency will be charged to cardholders when overseas and it is also beyond a cardholder's control. It's not as easy as other credit cards where they tell you what you can get and give you as promised. So beware this tricky tactic when you sign up with them.
But when u pay, it is charged in euro$, rite? Then after converting back to s$ amt, u shld be rewarded te 5x points, rite? Coz the bill amt is in foreign currency already..
limitation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2012, 11:52 PM   #242

But when u pay, it is charged in euro$, rite? Then after converting back to s$ amt, u shld be rewarded te 5x points, rite? Coz the bill amt is in foreign currency already..
The merchant can decide to bill us sing dollar on the spot so be careful
battledome64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2012, 12:13 AM   #243

I've just subscribed to the H*riz*n card as they offer 5x rewards for overseas spending. But to my dismay, a S$1000+ transaction in Germany (was charged in EUR) was not given 5x cause the merchant bank charged me in S$. ....... So beware this tricky tactic when you sign up with them.
Do you still have the charge slip?
Thanatos_Wraiths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2012, 06:15 AM   #244
dao

Actually, as customer, you can decide whether to be converted to other currency or bill in local currency, in this case euro.
dao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2012, 04:28 PM   #245
High Supremacy Member

does this card give 5% rebate for bill payment to Starhub, Prudential, M1, etc?

o0KelviN0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2012, 01:11 AM   #246

Actually this is not Maybanks fault. It could happen for any card.
You are the one that sign on the charge slip. Thats why you need to scrutinize the charge slip. Make sure you are charged in the foreign currency.

I've just subscribed to the H*riz*n card as they offer 5x rewards for overseas spending. But to my dismay, a S$1000+ transaction in Germany (was charged in EUR) was not given 5x cause the merchant bank charged me in S$. I've feedback to the customer service over their hotline but she just dismissed as "if its not in foreign currency, then it's not subject to 5x rewards. You can try filling a dispute form but we don't guarantee that you get approve". It is impossible to determine which currency will be charged to cardholders when overseas and it is also beyond a cardholder's control. It's not as easy as other credit cards where they tell you what you can get and give you as promised. So beware this tricky tactic when you sign up with them.
martxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2012, 07:36 AM   #247

does this card give 5% rebate for bill payment to Starhub, Prudential, M1, etc?
Nope, it does not.
Old 30-04-2012, 08:29 AM   #248

so how do we know merchant bank charged what currency to maybank? we only has charge slip to refer and according to charge slip it is euro $ then how come no 5x?
heng_alvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2012, 09:06 AM   #249

so how do we know merchant bank charged what currency to maybank? we only has charge slip to refer and according to charge slip it is euro $ then how come no 5x?
I think if Brownie999 still has the charge slip indicating the charge was in the local currency (in this case Euro $)in a foreign land , then i think he/she can dispute the charge, i.e. the currency used.
Old 30-04-2012, 08:54 PM   #250

Sorry I stand corrected. The charge slip will reflect the currency so must take initiative to inform that we would like to be billed in foreign currency
battledome64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 07:23 PM   #251
Master Member

Just a quick query.....how does the 5% rebate for delivery works?
Such as Canadian Pizza?
Old 02-05-2012, 07:57 PM   #252

Just a quick query.....how does the 5% rebate for delivery works?
Such as Canadian Pizza?
Rebate on next month statement
ccssgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 08:58 PM   #253
Master Member

Rebate on next month statement
I mean how do you even pay with credit card for like canadian pizza? So far i only know they accepts cash only.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:50 PM   #254

I mean how do you even pay with credit card for like canadian pizza? So far i only know they accepts cash only.
After selecting your orders, tell him/her over the phone that you are paying by credit card?
Old 04-05-2012, 10:57 AM   #255

i agree that this is not the bank fault. When i pay using card overseas, i have encountered both merchants who asked if i would like to pay in their currency or SGD and those who did not ask and just choose SGD for me...

From experience.... choosing foreign currency always gives you a better exchange rate compared to choosing the conversion rate offered by the merchants. Your charge slip will indicate the currency you paid in.

Actually this is not Maybanks fault. It could happen for any card.
You are the one that sign on the charge slip. Thats why you need to scrutinize the charge slip. Make sure you are charged in the foreign currency.
iinspired is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.