New OCBC 365 Visa Signature Cashback Card

tester72

Reaction score
Hmm. i am confused by the Shereen replies too on the weekend dining and 0.4% hope she can clarify soon too.

eedwinn

Master Member
Reaction score
For some strange reason, my salary this month is shown as IBG-Giro and not the usual giro salary, and I noticed that it is hence not reflected in the "salary credited" criteria.

Anyone knows if this can be made an exception?

Last edited:

wts2013

Banned
Reaction score
For some strange reason, my salary this month is shown as IBG-Giro and not the usual giro salary, and I noticed that it is hence not reflected in the "salary credited" criteria.

Anyone knows if this can be made an exception?
u post in the wrong thread lah, shld post in ocbc360 thread.

On mar 23, some changes to the interbank giro system were made in Singapore Banking system. If your salary was credited after this date, possibly the problem cld be due to these changes. Suggest u use IB to email OCBC to report the issue and confirm if u wld get the bonus interest.

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dear Shereen, I have an enquiry for U. I had subscribed to Viewqwest, which is Singapore's 4th telco. I had opt for the annual billing in which i pay 12 months upfront. I had used my OCBC 365 card to pay for it. Question is, does it qualify for the cash rebate? If so, what category is it under? How many % is it?

Thanks.

denial86

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi OCBC,

I just got my card and tried to set up a recurring bill payment to Starhub for my broadband monthly bill. However, I get an error message saying "This bill cannot be paid using a credit card account". What's the problem? Starhub is clearly stated as one of the telcos included for the 3% cashback and it is a recurring bill...

Shouldn't you be asking Starhub since it sounds like it's the system and not the credit card that is the problem..?

louist

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone's experienced this - when I pay at NTUC using this card and scan my drivers licence for membership, the receipt shows membership number, rebates earned but not my LinkPoints balance (yes, purchase was >$20). Tried checking transaction history at https://plus.com.sg/user/transaction_history and don't see anything either.

Is this because I also have the Plus! credit card? If I cancel that, will it solve the problem? Or is there another explanation I haven't factored in yet?

Think I didn't have a problem when paying with other banks' credit cards beforehand...

cynic_

Reaction score
Just to check - are there any signup gifts/bonuses for the 365 card now?

tatose

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone's experienced this - when I pay at NTUC using this card and scan my drivers licence for membership, the receipt shows membership number, rebates earned but not my LinkPoints balance (yes, purchase was >$20). Tried checking transaction history at https://plus.com.sg/user/transaction_history and don't see anything either.

Is this because I also have the Plus! credit card? If I cancel that, will it solve the problem? Or is there another explanation I haven't factored in yet?

Think I didn't have a problem when paying with other banks' credit cards beforehand...

It could be a system problem, have you tried using a "proper" NTUC member card (e.g. you must be paying 9SGD/mthly, plus! membership don't count) with O365? I don't have O365 card but I did comboed normal member card with FRANK visa before.

chm527

Reaction score
is anybody's cashback calculated wrong for feb (i.e. credited in march's statement)? enquired through ibanking but havent received a reply. only received an interim reply saying that there is high vol of enquiries, so response will be slow.

Witwit84

Reaction score
Just want to rant. Really disappointed with OCBC's service. Coming from someone who has been their customer for 20+ years.

1. I encountered rejection of my late charges waiver requests when my payment was late for one day. Put in waiver twice, was rejected even though I have been a punctual payer all this while. Waiver was subsequently granted after a lot of phone calls made to high level people in OCBC. I have been their customer (hold savings account as well) since I was a kid and from the way the CSO spoke to me, it doesn't seem like the bank is keen on retaining me as a customer. To think that my parents are their premier banking customer. They treat non premier banking customer this way. It's a huge turn-off. They overlook the potential of their grad customers. I'm on my way to being a premier banking customer but no way will I put my money with them anymore!!

2. My friend's CC bill for 365 card was switched to e-statement without his knowledge when he applied for the OCBC GE card. As a result, he didn't receive the bill and thus didn't make payment. He always pays immediately after he receives the paper statement. Same result, called OCBC twice to put in waiver requests, but they refused. Up till now still rejecting the waiver request. To think that he pays well before the due date of each bill and this is the first time he is late and it is due to their fault for not informing him that he has been switched to e statement for his 365 card, they still refuse to waive. This was all made clear to them and the CSO claim that if he didn't see the bill, he should call OCBC. So to all, you have been warned: Please remember when your OCBC bill is usually due and to check with OCBC if u dont see the bill because apparently it's our responsibility to check accordingly to the CSO.

I would be switching my CC usage as well as savings accounts to other banks who treasure me as a customer. Though CC rebates with other banks might be less, but they make me feel appreciated as a customer. I'm not begging OCBC to take in my biz so I don't think I want to subject myself to such treatment. It's really a pain to deal with them and it spoils my whole day.

Needless to say, my friend will be closing his savings accounts as well as CC with them after this experience. to OCBC: you just lost two customers and maybe more as we will not hesitate to share with our friends/relatives etc about our horrible experience with your bank. Your CSOs have no intention or knowledge about customer retention.

Last edited:

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
It could be a system problem, have you tried using a "proper" NTUC member card (e.g. you must be paying 9SGD/mthly, plus! membership don't count) with O365? I don't have O365 card but I did comboed normal member card with FRANK visa before.

You may contact Plus! Membership hotline at 6223 5225 if you have queries on the LinkPoints earned for purchases made at FairPrice outlets.

Operating Hours:
Mon - Fri: 9.00am to 6.00pm
Sat: 9.00am to 1pm
Sun & PH: Closed

Alternatively, you may send an email to enquiries@ntuclink.com.sg.

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
is anybody's cashback calculated wrong for feb (i.e. credited in march's statement)? enquired through ibanking but havent received a reply. only received an interim reply saying that there is high vol of enquiries, so response will be slow.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

You may provide us your contact details to assist you better.

cynic_

Reaction score
Just wanted to check… Does OCBC recognise vBox as online spend?

And secondly, is it possible to charge season parking to vBox?

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks, will just stick to Everyday card for that then!

Maybe u can elaborate what u paying for. If you pay singtel or starhub bill on their website, frank gives 6% and ocbc 365 gives 3% (if u meet the min spending requirement)

cynic_

Reaction score
Maybe u can elaborate what u paying for. If you pay singtel or starhub bill on their website, frank gives 6% and ocbc 365 gives 3% (if u meet the min spending requirement)
Oh, just renewing season parking. I think Everyday card is probably the best for that…

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.