HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

OCBC Credit Cards Annual Fee waiver (Ridiculous)

Like Tree82Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2016, 11:42 PM   #31
Supremacy Member

How to get lifetime waiver? I have already cancelled half of my ocbc cards. Isn't it ironical? Those cards so uselsss yet ocbc insists on annual fee. Other banks have much better cards yet the annual fees are waived like no tomorrow.
Just go down to any OCBC branch and bring along 2 passport sized photos, income tax statement and CPF contribution history and ask for the lifetime waiver form and proceed to fill up and choose the cards you want to apply for. OCBC will then assess your eligibility and inform you of the outcome of the lifetime waiver.
Old 02-02-2016, 10:57 AM   #32

Does this apply to other banks like standard chartered and UOB? OCBC cards are useless to me.

Just go down to any OCBC branch and bring along 2 passport sized photos, income tax statement and CPF contribution history and ask for the lifetime waiver form and proceed to fill up and choose the cards you want to apply for. OCBC will then assess your eligibility and inform you of the outcome of the lifetime waiver.
jentang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 08:14 PM   #33
Arch-Supremacy Member

Like others have said, it's a normal thing. Just cancel the card and move on. I cancel cards all the time. Re-apply after 6mth-1year can liao.
Yup....it is good they send me statement for annual fee.....i got about 20 cc n hard to keep check.
I only use one mainly....the rest is use once then keep....use once to get free gifts. Im hardly a big spender.

Steyr69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2016, 02:18 PM   #34

Have held OCBC credit card since end 2014 and have a very good credit record but they refused to waive my late fee charge + interest for last month. This is the second time I am requesting a waiver in 2 years.

In addition, I first called in to waive the charge on 24 Jun - applied through the automated system and never got a reply. Tried again through the operator on 9 Jul. Thereafter received an sms on 14 Jul to say that the waiver was rejected. I have been trying to call in for an appeal since 8 Jul and held for at least 10min each time. There is no way to speak to an operator as they are always "experiencing high call volume."

Honestly I think it is time to cancel the card and move on to other banks. The Frank card became unattractive after they changed the T&Cs in Oct 2015, so you can only enjoy the cash rebates after spending $400 offline.
kexin90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2016, 02:53 PM   #35

Have held OCBC credit card since end 2014 and have a very good credit record but they refused to waive my late fee charge + interest for last month. This is the second time I am requesting a waiver in 2 years.

In addition, I first called in to waive the charge on 24 Jun - applied through the automated system and never got a reply. Tried again through the operator on 9 Jul. Thereafter received an sms on 14 Jul to say that the waiver was rejected. I have been trying to call in for an appeal since 8 Jul and held for at least 10min each time. There is no way to speak to an operator as they are always "experiencing high call volume."

Honestly I think it is time to cancel the card and move on to other banks. The Frank card became unattractive after they changed the T&Cs in Oct 2015, so you can only enjoy the cash rebates after spending $400 offline.

really dun know who are the talents behind OCBC to design such rubbish $400 pending thingy like "outside online" (for Frank card) and/or "outside NTUC shop" (for NUTC plus card).

just for the sake of a 5% rebate for online and/or NTUC shop, you have to stress yourself to check every now and then to make sure >$400 offline an/or other shops, but get no any return on these $400 spending ? How stupid this is?

Well, OCBC might be just so happy with its talents' "creative" ideas. LOL

Last edited by zumaba; 17-07-2016 at 02:56 PM..
zumaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2016, 07:06 PM   #36

Patience is the key to speaking to a CSO. I waited for more than 30 min on a weekday night before I get to speak to the CSO. Then the CSO transferred me to another CSO and I have to wait for another 5 min. But luckily it's not another 30 min wait. Btw, my call is also to enquire on my annual fee waiver because I did not receive any sms and needed to know the outcome.

jentang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2016, 05:57 PM   #37
Featured Sponsor for Money Mind, EDMW

Hi kexin90,

We are sorry to learn about your experience with our hotline. Have you managed to speak to our service executive?

If not, do drop us a PM with your contact details, and we will arrange for a call to you.

We could help to put up an appeal, but do note that it will still be subject to the bank's review and approval.

^DG

OCBC Bank: Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
OCBC Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2016, 12:24 PM   #38

Hi kexin90,

We are sorry to learn about your experience with our hotline. Have you managed to speak to our service executive?

If not, do drop us a PM with your contact details, and we will arrange for a call to you.

We could help to put up an appeal, but do note that it will still be subject to the bank's review and approval.

^DG

Hi kexin90,

We haven't yet heard from you.

Should you require for us to assist, please PM us your contact number and we will get in touch.

Thank you.

^WX

Old 20-07-2016, 01:52 PM   #39

Just terminate the card lah if no waiver.
Ocbc cards are not fantastic anyway
Plus suck service so long to speak to the cso.
Ccb
bbbbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2016, 12:51 AM   #40
Master Member

Just terminate the card lah if no waiver.
Ocbc cards are not fantastic anyway
Plus suck service so long to speak to the cso.
Ccb
I thought last time i called in if after some time cant get thru to any CSO can leave down contact no for them call back. Now no such option? But thats like more than a year ago. Have not been calling for some time since. Managed to spend more than $5k so another year of auto fee waiver. So far so good for moi.
Seannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2016, 06:43 PM   #41

Thumbs down OCBC Credit Cards SUCK

OCBC is really the worst local Singapore bank ever.
They tried to attract customers over from other banks, but have the worst customer service among the 3 top local banks (i.e. DBS, UOB & ...),
Reading from all the -ve feedback from the forum, all should know how rigid and arrogant OCBC bank is.
They can keep their credit cards to themselves.... get their staff to sign all the credit cards as i think only the staff get free waiver.
I've my 365 OCBC since 2014 and have been clocking in on average of 600 - 1000 spending (it's spending hor not even on insurance payment transactions), and I'm just being charged 192 this month for annual fees. Called the customer service and after about 10 days, a stupid automated reply saying that I don't meet the spending requirements and ask me to promptly make payment to avoid late charges. It's really bloody sucking bank man.
Called the hotline and finally managed to speak to some staff after 20-30 mins waiting time and was told that the spending limit is 10K.... mind you guys out there..... 10 K hor..... why because I've hit the 5K annual spending. So their review is to ensure you fail to meet their ceiling..... IT IS NEVER going to be in favour of the customer. I'm sure if my spending is 10K, they will still ask me to pay for the annual fee as after reviewing they will tell me the card requires 15K spending.....
Judge for yourself what type of bank .... GOOD luck guys if you choose OCBC.
I have another UOB card, hardly use the card for merchant but sign for recurring insurance payment which comes to about 600 on average monthly, NEVER need to call for annual fees waive. Auto waive by bank and if you hold the ONE card with ONE account, they pay almost same interest rate as OCBC upto 50K, sweet, less problem.
If OCBC so unwilling to absorb the annual fee, please stop offering credit card. That stupid 365 card is not even a platinum or what GOLD member with no privilege except 6% rebate on dining, require spending of 10K, must be a joke man.... calculate yourself how much rebate you can earn with $100 spend on food .... is it worth paying that stupid $192 annual fees?
OCBC you can have your stupid 365 back .... keep safe in your shelves and let it rot.
xtractor and rainbow123 like this.
BlessRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2016, 12:15 PM   #42

OCBC is really the worst local Singapore bank ever.
They tried to attract customers over from other banks, but have the worst customer service among the 3 top local banks (i.e. DBS, UOB & ...),
Reading from all the -ve feedback from the forum, all should know how rigid and arrogant OCBC bank is.
They can keep their credit cards to themselves.... get their staff to sign all the credit cards as i think only the staff get free waiver.
I've my 365 OCBC since 2014 and have been clocking in on average of 600 - 1000 spending (it's spending hor not even on insurance payment transactions), and I'm just being charged 192 this month for annual fees. Called the customer service and after about 10 days, a stupid automated reply saying that I don't meet the spending requirements and ask me to promptly make payment to avoid late charges. It's really bloody sucking bank man.
Called the hotline and finally managed to speak to some staff after 20-30 mins waiting time and was told that the spending limit is 10K.... mind you guys out there..... 10 K hor..... why because I've hit the 5K annual spending. So their review is to ensure you fail to meet their ceiling..... IT IS NEVER going to be in favour of the customer. I'm sure if my spending is 10K, they will still ask me to pay for the annual fee as after reviewing they will tell me the card requires 15K spending.....
Judge for yourself what type of bank .... GOOD luck guys if you choose OCBC.
I have another UOB card, hardly use the card for merchant but sign for recurring insurance payment which comes to about 600 on average monthly, NEVER need to call for annual fees waive. Auto waive by bank and if you hold the ONE card with ONE account, they pay almost same interest rate as OCBC upto 50K, sweet, less problem.
If OCBC so unwilling to absorb the annual fee, please stop offering credit card. That stupid 365 card is not even a platinum or what GOLD member with no privilege except 6% rebate on dining, require spending of 10K, must be a joke man.... calculate yourself how much rebate you can earn with $100 spend on food .... is it worth paying that stupid $192 annual fees?
OCBC you can have your stupid 365 back .... keep safe in your shelves and let it rot.
Hi BlessRK,

We are sorry to learn that your waiver requests was unsuccessful.

With effect from 1 June 2016, the bank has revised the minimum spend requirement for automatic waivers of Annual Fee for the 365 card to $10,000. This information is available on our website.

We could help you to put up an appeal, but do note that it will still be subject to review and approval.

If you would like to proceed with the appeal, do drop us a PM with your contact details.

^DG

Old 16-09-2016, 04:52 PM   #43

wah after reading, guess i also want to cancel my 365 card before my annual fees kick in
TnT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2016, 06:31 PM   #44
Supremacy Member

Wah......$10000 per year. But the rebates are pathetic.

Very funny concept bank. When I call in to ask for waiver just 6 months ago, they refused. So I cancelled my card. Then 2 months later sent me another pre approved card :p lol
mcylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2016, 06:52 PM   #45
Arch-Supremacy Member

Wah......$10000 per year. But the rebates are pathetic.

Very funny concept bank. When I call in to ask for waiver just 6 months ago, they refused. So I cancelled my card. Then 2 months later sent me another pre approved card :p lol
Lol. They seem to like wasting time and effort to process the card cancellation and approval, hoping to earn annual fee from a few customers but cause unhappiness to lots more customers. Not forgetting their card benefits are no longer attractive.
mcylo likes this.
Trazora is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.