HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

OCBC Credit Cards Annual Fee waiver (Ridiculous)

Like Tree82Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-12-2017, 02:29 PM   #586

Even though manged to waived all fee today
felt it better to cancel this card as also holding NTUC Plus! Visa Credit Card

OCBC: We have waived your annual service fee as a gesture of goodwill. This will be shown in your next statement. In the meantime, please ignore the annual service fees when you make payment for your bill. If you have any questions, please call 1800 363 3333.

Transaction History
Unbilled

Main Credit Card
OCBC Plus! Visa Credit Card XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XX05 Filtered by Unbilled
Transaction date Description Withdrawals (SGD) Deposits (SGD)
See full transaction details
26/12/2017 ANNUAL FEE REVERSAL - 107.00
26/12/2017 INTEREST REVERSAL - 3.37
26/12/2017 LATE CHARGE REVERSAL - 100.00

Last edited by Lanotte; 26-12-2017 at 02:38 PM.. Reason: add to content
Lanotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 11:08 PM   #587

OCBC bank refuse to waive my credit card annual fee after waiting 5 working days and insisted that the amount spend must be $10k before they can waive it. This is really nonsense when most bank can get waiver with just few hundred spend and is immediate. Despite appealing they still reject the waiver. I have spend $2.5k on the card and dont understand why they are so hard on it. Seem in this competitive era where most bank are willing to waiver hoping to retain customers, but OCBC doesnt think so. Futhermore now everything is online (automated) and each card last 5 years or more, why should we pay the annual fee for administrative. Really disappointing.
Wildayu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 11:13 PM   #588
Supremacy Member

sibeh jialat OCBC. I wanted to walk in counter and close my deposit account also.
tell me escalate to management but nobody call me.
only_lonely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 11:18 PM   #589
Master Member

OCBC bank refuse to waive my credit card annual fee after waiting 5 working days and insisted that the amount spend must be $10k before they can waive it. This is really nonsense when most bank can get waiver with just few hundred spend and is immediate. Despite appealing they still reject the waiver. I have spend $2.5k on the card and dont understand why they are so hard on it. Seem in this competitive era where most bank are willing to waiver hoping to retain customers, but OCBC doesnt think so. Futhermore now everything is online (automated) and each card last 5 years or more, why should we pay the annual fee for administrative. Really disappointing.
Today I called DBS/POSB hotline and key-in my POSB Master card numbers to waive the $180+GST% annual fees and request was approved in a few seconds without talking to anyone.
limpoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 11:34 PM   #590

Just end your r/s with OCBC to save yourselves a heart attack.
Their nonsense has been going on since 2015 and new stories still up in 2018.
m/mink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 11:41 PM   #591
Great Supremacy Member

i'm glad that i ended my relationship with them
Old 11-01-2018, 01:24 AM   #592

Its their right to charge and your right to cancel.

Their cards are no longer attractive anymore so nothing to be sad about anyway..
Jazzbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 01:12 PM   #593
Featured Sponsor for Money Mind, EDMW

sibeh jialat OCBC. I wanted to walk in counter and close my deposit account also.
tell me escalate to management but nobody call me.
Hi only_lonely,

Were you promised a call back, but did not received one?
Could you drop us a PM with more details on this?

^DG

OCBC Bank: Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
OCBC Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 03:24 PM   #594
Supremacy Member

Closed my account with them then receive their call.
cokezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2018, 01:15 PM   #595

Closed my account with them then receive their call.
Yes... have to close all accounts with ocbc. Really disappointed
saver$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2018, 01:23 PM   #596
Master Member

I cancelled my card with them last year, then their savings account too. Nothing attractive about them. I'm planning to transfer my CPF investment account out from ocbc to another bank as well. Wondering how they want to charge me the fees and ********.
maumu is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.