Palate and Far Dining Previlege by Amex Platinum Series Cards

tyroe1

Reaction score
is ****hide good? never tried it before.

so did they finally give you the 50% off for the a la carte orders?

I went for 2 palate set meal. a la carte order 15% according to the waiter.

Min 2 x $47 set mean w/o further top ups should be around $60+

Btw, they charge 10% service charge on pre-discounted price which i found weird but i didn't bother to dispute. Steamboat is decent but not memorable. Would not return consider the sneaky treatment on palate members

swatchie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
why mikuni no good? i still like to go to mikuni although quite sick of the standard menu fare

mikuni - i like the sashimi but at ~$199 with 50% off still seems a little pricey since we usually order a lot of other food :s13: typical bill about $200+ for 2 after discount

the botan ebi sashimi is a great deal.

I think you misunderstand. Among the FAR restaurants, Mikuni is my favourite but I mistakenly thought that it got dropped from the list like Jaan. :o

urban_closet

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I find Prego's quality consistently on the dip. The seafood risotto used to be good. Ditto the tiramisu. Now the risotto seafood isn't very fresh and the tiramisu comes across as decent but nothing too outstanding. Pizzas as okay. Some of the pastas taste like crap imho.

But having said all that, I only patronise Prego with the FAR. Mikuni used to be on my list but they got dropped as well :(

Now with Shima on Palate, I might drop by, depending on what the AMEX set menu consists of and the pricing.

I just checked Far Card's website and Mikuni is still listed there. Have they been dropped?

Edit: it's still on. haha

Last edited:

precision

Reaction score
I have wasted more than 20 local hotel vouchers, as I checked the price is not so much different from direct purchase, really can sell bo? IMHO, this is not free stay voucher like kris flyer's voucher which has some value.

I checked the rooms are typically $300+. Letting go each at $10 only. Take all at $25. Exp Oct'16. PM if keen. Thanks.

haydentan

Reaction score
Anyone tried dancing crab? What can you get under palate

I have tried and in my opinion, not an ideal place to go in 2 to enjoy the 50% off unless both are big eaters. Those dishes considered as main courses must be above $30 and the closest are crabs and lobsters. Nowhere near $30. Then again, I feel it is still worth it to go in group to enjoy the other tiers of discounts

swatchie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the correction. Good to know that Mikuni is still on it :)

I've written to Shima to enquire on what the AMEX menu includes. Will update when I get a reply.

Amex Deluxe Set

Appetizer

Premium Sashimi

Mixed Tempura

Teppanyaki

Buttered Scallops

King Prawns in Light Creamy Garlic Sauce

Norwegian Salmon Simmered in Shima’s Sauce

Japanese Wagyu Beef

Goose Liver

Garlic Rice

Miso Soup

Dessert

Assorted Seasonal Fruits

$280 per person

Price Subject to GST & Service Charge

Shutterwhale

Reaction score
Quick question - when you guys make a reservation, do you usually tell them you are going to use your FAR/Palate benefits or do you just show them the card at the end of the meal?

swatchie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Quick question - when you guys make a reservation, do you usually tell them you are going to use your FAR/Palate benefits or do you just show them the card at the end of the meal?

For FAR I will tell them during the reservation and pay with my AMEX Plat. For Palate, I will just pay with my AMEX Plat. Some of the FAR places I usually just walk in ie. Prego.

louist

Reaction score
Generally safer to say it upfront before ordering, in case you miss/forget some tricky T&C (order two mains, eve of public holiday, or something else) - think they're quite used to ppl asking.

xipi

Reaction score
Does Mikuni Teppanyaki and Robatayaki Menus entitle for 50% off for Amex?

cybercom8

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Amex Deluxe Set

Appetizer

Premium Sashimi

Mixed Tempura

Teppanyaki

Buttered Scallops

King Prawns in Light Creamy Garlic Sauce

Norwegian Salmon Simmered in Shima’s Sauce

Japanese Wagyu Beef

Goose Liver

Garlic Rice

Miso Soup

Dessert

Assorted Seasonal Fruits

$280 per person

Price Subject to GST & Service Charge

looks expensive...who's going to be the first here the try and share with us? :o

i went back to shima for lunch a couple of years ago and i felt the food was bad and never went back. how is shima's teppanyaki compared to say mikuni or keyaki?

Solid_snape

Reaction score
Hi all, would like to check if anyone know if The far card still enjoys any discounts for the buffet at Equinox? Can't seem to find any updated information

Sorry if I'm asking a silly question

precision

Reaction score
Hi can this far card be used for christmas eve and new year eve? Thks in advance

Shutterwhale

Reaction score
Hey guys, can I quickly check if there is a physical FAR or Palate card or is the AMEX Plat Credit sufficient?

Thanks!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.