Paying for uber taxi (NO Ads / Referrals / Spam allowed)

jackieatbtu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just saw the uber adverts. Seems that now can book normal taxi using this app. Since payment is by credit card, does that mean we can save the usual 10% MasterCard surcharge by comfort plus earn online 6% rebate by payment via paypal?

purpletoysmum

Reaction score
No credit card surcharge.

But not sure if it qualifies for online transaction or not.

You may have to wait longer for a taxi. And you can't cancel once requested.

So don't use it if you are in a hurry because you may have a long wait. Esp. Peak hours.

jackieatbtu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So no confirmation that it is an online transaction yet? The app description says paypal and I assumed all will be online tranx.

Reaction score
Just called Citibank cso said its online but since its not shopping it wont get 10*pts for rewards card.

lighter

Reaction score
Anyone has this cross border fee charge to your charge? I saw this in my statement.

lcpteck

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone has this cross border fee charge to your charge? I saw this in my statement.

So it looks like Uber Singapore is billed in NL? Netherlands?

Here's my April transaction from Uber Bangkok, billed in THB.

UBER BV BANGKOK TH

I used UOB PRVI Miles to pay to test it out (was my first time using Uber then).

Last edited:

lcpteck

Master Member
Reaction score
You guys using Visa? Could it be billed in NL instead of SGD and was DCCed?

Wonder if they are billing in pure SGD.

Reaction score
I use citi prestige also didn't a separate cross border fee. Maybe its already built in to the transacted amount....
Anyway I'm switching back to comfort booking with ca rewards since they jump in with a new promo $15 cab voucher with 5 bookings.

Reaction score
19/09/2014 *Uber BV Vorden NL SGD 13.28
Posted amt same as trip report amt shown on uber site
So no cross border fee for citi prestige card for me.

TravellingMcDs

Reaction score
How does the "Use Uber to request and pay for a taxi, at 25% cheaper than standard taxi meter rates" work? Do you actually get billed with a 25% discount? Seems too good to be true.

lcpteck

Master Member
Reaction score
Nobody tried it with FRANK or DBS woman to see got online rebate?

Mobile app transactions may or may not count as online transaction.

A good example is booking a flight on SQ mobile app, it wasn't considered online transaction when I paid via DBS Woman's WMC.

So yeah, let's wait for reports to roll in.

Reaction score
My advice don't put this variable bill amt on your frank card in case you miss the min spend end of the month....
Safer to put on a regular card where your misc spending goes.

jackieatbtu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My advice don't put this variable bill amt on your frank card in case you miss the min spend end of the month....
Safer to put on a regular card where your misc spending goes.

I am not a big spender, usually below the max 1k. My usual practice just FRANK need to be over $500. Anything more would be bonus.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.