QUESTION ABOUT CITIBANK PREMIERMILES CARD

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do remember to compare prices before doing final purchase.

Need to see total discount at the end of the day. Different site got different discounts, that's why i have used wotif, agoda, hotels.com, expedia before. No preference, only price and benefits count.

chopra

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Need to see total discount at the end of the day. Different site got different discounts, that's why i have used wotif, agoda, hotels.com, expedia before. No preference, only price and benefits count.

and clear your cookies.

use phone and use PC also different price.

:s13::s13::s12::s12:

cowfart

Reaction score
IMO 6 citiPM miles is worth it SOMETIMES. Note that this promo is only limited to bookings made on expedia.com.sg, expedia.com.my, expedia.com.hk, expedia.co.th, expedia.co.id, expedia.com.vn , expedia.com.ph , expedia.co.jp , expedia.co.kr , expedia.com.tw and expedia.co.in

Why not always?
- Sites like Expedia USA/Canada/UK are commonly found on cashback sites (i know in the expedia.co.uk hotel bookings freatures 12.6% cashback for 5-6 days PER MONTH which will be credited directly into your bank account) - but the citibank promotion featured here currently extends only to expedia sites of certain asiapac countries so these cashback isn't stackable with the citibank one above.
- But cards like BOC shop/frank are ;) So you can use the latter method to hit 12.6% cashback paid directly into your bank account a few months after your stay and then get a further 5.5% credit card rebate credited into your next month's bill.
- This is definitely my preferred method, I use the UK site with my topcashback account and pretty much get 18.1% back assured.

Now I still say that the citiPM MAY be worth it, but only if i can get certain greater returns with the PM miles. From the above you can see that it is worth if the citiPM mile can get me more than 3.01667 cents (I am disregarding the $25 conversion fee to FFP) - 6 miles must give me more than 18.1% **. That is generally hard to meet for my flying pattern unless I'm going for one-way premium cabin flights - now this is a gigantic topic left for another day, all I can say is that it's up to you to do the sums carefully for yourself if you are gian png like me :)

lcpteck

Master Member
Reaction score
The citibank-expedia promo for flights only extends to certain airlines. It seems I can't choose the fare code for expedia, I wonder if anybody knows if I can book a flight on expedia with a certain type of fare code? Call to their call center?

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
IMO 6 citiPM miles is worth it SOMETIMES. Note that this promo is only limited to bookings made on expedia.com.sg, expedia.com.my, expedia.com.hk, expedia.co.th, expedia.co.id, expedia.com.vn , expedia.com.ph , expedia.co.jp , expedia.co.kr , expedia.com.tw and expedia.co.in

Why not always?
- Sites like Expedia USA/Canada/UK are commonly found on cashback sites (i know in the expedia.co.uk hotel bookings freatures 12.6% cashback for 5-6 days PER MONTH which will be credited directly into your bank account) - but the citibank promotion featured here currently extends only to expedia sites of certain asiapac countries so these cashback isn't stackable with the citibank one above.
- But cards like BOC shop/frank are ;) So you can use the latter method to hit 12.6% cashback paid directly into your bank account a few months after your stay and then get a further 5.5% credit card rebate credited into your next month's bill.
- This is definitely my preferred method, I use the UK site with my topcashback account and pretty much get 18.1% back assured.

Now I still say that the citiPM MAY be worth it, but only if i can get certain greater returns with the PM miles. From the above you can see that it is worth if the citiPM mile can get me more than 3.01667 cents (I am disregarding the $25 conversion fee to FFP) - 6 miles must give me more than 18.1% **. That is generally hard to meet for my flying pattern unless I'm going for one-way premium cabin flights - now this is a gigantic topic left for another day, all I can say is that it's up to you to do the sums carefully for yourself if you are gian png like me :)

There are many ways to maximize returns on hotels booking. Personally my BKM is to use ebates + hotels.com US site + Frank or DBS Woman to get 4.25 + 10%(hotels.com 10 nights free 1 night) + 6% or 4 miles/$ so its 20% back so its easily 20.25% back for me. Sometimes hotels.com got discount code like $50 off $300 so its easily 4.25 + 16 + 6 = 26.24%.

beedee

Reaction score
If i were to buy singapore airlines tix through expedia, do i earn krisflyer milesfrom sq?

autumm

Master Member
Reaction score
Just link the flight to your krisflyer profile and u should receive the miles once u complete the flight

beedee

Reaction score
Just link the flight to your krisflyer profile and u should receive the miles once u complete the flight

I actually just signed up for krisflyer. So is my booking from expedia considered as a "first transaction" in order to get my krisflyer card?

lcpteck

Master Member
Reaction score
I actually just signed up for krisflyer. So is my booking from expedia considered as a "first transaction" in order to get my krisflyer card?

That's a good question, you should since you'll earn mileage if crediting the miles to Krisflyer.

ykeen

Reaction score

U can simply update ur KrisFlyer number during check-in then you'll get the mileage once ur trip is completed.

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Once your miles get credited into your krisflyer account, they will send you the card.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.