Refund of NETS Flashpay card at ATM machine

sgdividends

Reaction score
Hi, how come some netsflashpay card can refund at ATM and some cannot?
Anyway i know that refunded at ATM u cant top it up anymore and it can throw away.

I have closed my ocbc frank account and tried refunding at ATM but it cant.
I even went to the transitlink office at Lavender and the officer says he can see the amount but somehow it cannot be taken out and transferred into another NETS flashpay card. Officer told me to fill up a form and mail to NETS. SIANZZ.

Today, i tried refunding another card, non bank nets flashpay, but again cannot.

Do you have such experience.

NETS is really earning a lot from all this unredeemable float!!

cearmouse

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I surrender the card to the counter...They gave full amount back...

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, how come some netsflashpay card can refund at ATM and some cannot?
Anyway i know that refunded at ATM u cant top it up anymore and it can throw away.

I have closed my ocbc frank account and tried refunding at ATM but it cant.
I even went to the transitlink office at Lavender and the officer says he can see the amount but somehow it cannot be taken out and transferred into another NETS flashpay card. Officer told me to fill up a form and mail to NETS. SIANZZ.

Today, i tried refunding another card, non bank nets flashpay, but again cannot.

Do you have such experience.

NETS is really earning a lot from all this unredeemable float!!

If you have auto top up on the card, you need to deactivate auto top up before you can refund at ATM.

https://www.nets.com.sg/support/faqs/faq-nets-flashpay
How do I obtain a refund of my stored value on my NETS ATU registered NETS FlashPay Card?
You may terminate or de-activate the ATU at NETS Customer Service Centre or any NETS self-service top-up machine with the label “Auto Top-Up De-registration Here” from 1 April 2016 onwards (Refer to Q33 for locations).

You may then perform an online refund of the remaining stored value in the card at any local bank ATM after 10 working days. This amount will be credited directly to your bank account; or
You can obtain an immediate cash refund at TransitLink Ticket Office. This is only applicable for remaining balances of less than $ 100 per card; or
You may submit your ATU registered card for deferred refund at the TransitLink Ticket Office or NETS Customer Service Centre.
The remaining stored value and ATU deposit (if any) will be credited to your account within 14 working days upon receipt by NETS.
Note: Please note that your card will be cut up and retained when you submit it for deferred refund. You’ll need to notify your bank should you require any replacement card or to cancel your account before submitting the card for refund.

sgdividends

Reaction score
I surrender the card to the counter...They gave full amount back...

Like that also can??

wah lau that officer didnt give that option..maybe he see cannot take out the money he didnt want to give money...thanks for the info

sgdividends

Reaction score
If you have auto top up on the card, you need to deactivate auto top up before you can refund at ATM.

https://www.nets.com.sg/support/faqs/faq-nets-flashpay
How do I obtain a refund of my stored value on my NETS ATU registered NETS FlashPay Card?
You may terminate or de-activate the ATU at NETS Customer Service Centre or any NETS self-service top-up machine with the label “Auto Top-Up De-registration Here” from 1 April 2016 onwards (Refer to Q33 for locations).

You may then perform an online refund of the remaining stored value in the card at any local bank ATM after 10 working days. This amount will be credited directly to your bank account; or
You can obtain an immediate cash refund at TransitLink Ticket Office. This is only applicable for remaining balances of less than $ 100 per card; or
You may submit your ATU registered card for deferred refund at the TransitLink Ticket Office or NETS Customer Service Centre.
The remaining stored value and ATU deposit (if any) will be credited to your account within 14 working days upon receipt by NETS.
Note: Please note that your card will be cut up and retained when you submit it for deferred refund. You’ll need to notify your bank should you require any replacement card or to cancel your account before submitting the card for refund.

Thanks Trazora once again..

I did deregister it at a NETs self service top up machine...hmm 10 working days later..ok will try ( though i remembered i did it 2 weeks before i saw that officer)..maybe miss by 1-2 working days

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks Trazora once again..

I did deregister it at a NETs self service top up machine...hmm 10 working days later..ok will try ( though i remembered i did it 2 weeks before i saw that officer)..maybe miss by 1-2 working days

Anyway why you want to refund the card? card expiring? There are nice flashpay promos ongoing.

sgdividends

Reaction score
Anyway why you want to refund the card? card expiring? There are nice flashpay promos ongoing.

Want to streamline wallet..had a few expired normal cashcards and lost a bit of money..as they deduct 1 buck per month I think ..

Boon Sim

Reaction score
All the location to deregister card are here: https://www.nets.com.sg/ntms-location

Was a complete PITA to de-register the ATU. Went to MRT Transitlink office cannot, was told have to call NETS and check with them for location. Just go to any of the machines in the link (most are at or near car parks) to deregister. Still waiting for refund to hit card account.

vince123123

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows what to do with expired NETS cashcards (not flashpay, but the original cashcard that needs to be inserted). I was hoping to be able to exchange them for new ones so as to avoid having to incur costs to buy new cards. Not too sure if this can be done.

Some car parks can only accept Cashcards, and cannot accept Flashpay or EZLINK so I still have to maintain some Cashcards.

Jazzbie

Reaction score
Just to check if anyone knows, if flashpay card refund is more than $100, cannot do over ATM? Must go to ticketing or Nets office to do manual refund via form?

Anyone succeeded with more than $100 refund?

zhuzhubaby

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bump~ Anyone manged to? I just topped up $50 into NETS Flashplay but tap or insert also error leh. :s11::(

Reaction score
Everyone's killing off Fp cards nowadays right?
Really useless cards and I have nearly a hundred more to kill it's not easy. Alas can't post pic here just use any ATM I think all can kill Fp cards.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.