SCB SingPost/Spree Card

jentang

Reaction score
They called the next day to say they will credit the rebate. Guess they realised their mistake after checking. But after this, I'm scare of using SC for online transactions I've never used before.

between the two, i will choose name of merchant. transaction code is not predictable.

Carnesir

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone used this card for other purchases?

How long will the 7 percent last?

Last edited:

zoossh

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you are existing scb priority banking customer, apply via scb faster. Just log in to ibanking, click apply. I got mine couriered to me within 24 hrs.

thks. that is a breeze. hope to get it tml. :s12:

naro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After June rebate for online spending still 7%. But min spend 600

This is my understanding too. Online spending rebate will remain at 7% while grocery spending rebate will reduce to 2%.

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
VISA MCC for online

Read through the whole thread but still puzzled. Need some enlightenment whether I should start using the card.

Taken from Terms and conditions

35. Will all my online transactions earn 7% CashBack?
No, only online purchases identified as an online transaction based on codes assigned by Visa will earn 7% CashBack.

Can anyone enlighten me which Merchant Category Codes (MCC) for visa are considered online transactions for the sc singpost card?

Anyone encounter any exclusions, other than what stated below? Fevo, imagine?

36. Which transactions are excluded from earning any CashBack?
The following transactions will not qualify as Qualifying Retail Transactions:
any cash advance;
any fees and charges (including but not limited to annual card fees, interest charges, cash advance fees, finance charges and/or late payment charges);
any balance or funds transfer;
any monthly instalment of an EasyPay transaction;
any amount charged to your SingPost Card that is subsequently cancelled, voided, refunded or reversed;
recurring payments or payments made using Standard Chartered Online Banking;
AXS or ATM transactions made using the SingPost Card;
amounts which have been rolled over from the preceding months' statements; and
any other charge, fee, transaction or payment as we may stipulate from time to time.

Last edited:

yixiang1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This card is feverish with good rebates for online spend at 7 percent, but monthly rebate is capped at $50. I charge Amazon and groupon, etc.

Cheers.

Callow Guy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I use this SCB Singpost card last month and it seems M1 online and Shaw Cinema online are not eligible for 7% rebates. Anyone can confirm?

jentang

Reaction score
U need to call them and wait for them to investigate. It happened to me and after like 5 days, they called and asked me for proof. Don't know what they are saying coz the transaction I used BOC and OCBC all no prob except theirs. Gave them the url then they checked for another 3-5 days and called to say will credit back the rebate. Never tell me if it's their mistake or what. So I won't be using this card for that merchant.

I use this SCB Singpost card last month and it seems M1 online and Shaw Cinema online are not eligible for 7% rebates. Anyone can confirm?

Callow Guy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U need to call them and wait for them to investigate. It happened to me and after like 5 days, they called and asked me for proof. Don't know what they are saying coz the transaction I used BOC and OCBC all no prob except theirs. Gave them the url then they checked for another 3-5 days and called to say will credit back the rebate. Never tell me if it's their mistake or what. So I won't be using this card for that merchant.

Thanks..I called them today and they say will check and get back to me.

I did get rebates for m1 online eg bill payment

I use it for bill payment at M1 website as well and receive no rebates. The cso told me that no rebates will be given if I pay via their std chart ibanking but I told them I paid via M1 website.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.