SCB SingPost/Spree Card

castafarian

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ok i got to the bottom of it after calling. The bottom line is
JAPAN AIRLINES website is not recognized as online transaction by Standard Chartered.

anyway these were my transactions:

23/08/2017 30CASHBACK 22.80 CR
20/08/2017 JAPAN AIRLINxxxS'PORE SG 914.00 DR
22/07/2017 30CASHBACK 60.00 CR
19/07/2017 AGODA.COM INTERNET SG 299.54 DR

That was all I spent for the period.

So the latest cashback, $22.80, was for the period of spending from 24 July to 23 August, and actually for the agoda spending on 19 July, because the posting date rolled onto 24 july.

So they told me that the 20 Aug Japan airlines spending was posted on 23 August (still fit into this cycle period) but was not recognized as an online transaction but rather a retail transaction. I explained it was done on their website and after some long waiting eventually they agreed to consider it an online transaction.

So I suggested that they could alert customers of vendors who have this issue so they can inform the vendor or avoid spending on these vendors. They said it is not up to them but rather should fall upon customers to note these problem vendors themselves, and they can call Stanard Charterted to contest the amount when it happens.

I thought it was quite 'pass the problem to other people'.

So we have JAL website not recognized online transactions. Maybe we can start a list so we can refer to all the vendors easily?

hmm, wonder if booking on SQ website is considered retail too?

bigbears

Reaction score
My latest statement 23 Aug - Singtel not awarded 7%. Last month was ok, thought problem has been rectified. Now problem back again, hahaha. CSO agreed to credit back. He also mentioned bank recently updated the system to hv singtel online transactions earn 7%.

The rest Qoo10, Lazada, HDB carpark, Silkair, Amazon singapore, LTA e-svcs were ok.

currently paying singtel bill with uob singtel card. so to earn this 7% cashback, is it to terminate my current arrangement and pay via mysingtel app with this card?

zzzkelvinzzz

Reaction score
hmm, wonder if booking on SQ website is considered retail too?

I just bought tix+hotel with Expedia (package) and it seems like the my tix is being charged by SQ directly while Hotel is being charged by Expedia...and SC said that SQ is not considered online so does not qualify for the 7% cash rebate...FYI

zzzkelvinzzz

Reaction score
anyone tried using this card for Ezbuy transaction (which attracts 3% processing fee if using CC)?

If it works, I will use this card for my Ezbuy transactions even though 3% more, with the 7% cashback will be worth it...

yoongmy

Reaction score
I just bought tix+hotel with Expedia (package) and it seems like the my tix is being charged by SQ directly while Hotel is being charged by Expedia...and SC said that SQ is not considered online so does not qualify for the 7% cash rebate...FYI
I used to get 7% rebate by SQ transaction. FYI, I book directly from SQ website.

kitkat2

Reaction score

sometimes if you book air ticket at travel website, the booking will be forwarded to the airline for processing and the online travel agent doesn't charge your card. it is the airline who will charge your card and this processing mode is batch, not online.

so, please beware.

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sometimes if you book air ticket at travel website, the booking will be forwarded to the airline for processing and the online travel agent doesn't charge your card. it is the airline who will charge your card and this processing mode is batch, not online.

so, please beware.

this makes sense now...

zzzkelvinzzz

Reaction score
Anyone knows if 7% is applicable for ezbuy?

anyone tried using this card for Ezbuy transaction (which attracts 3% processing fee if using CC)?

If it works, I will use this card for my Ezbuy transactions even though 3% more, with the 7% cashback will be worth it...

cracktojack

Reaction score
Ezlink prepaid cards (Fevo, M1) no more considered as valid retail spend? Just now I spoke to CSO for my pending uber cashback for June and he said that ezlink transactions are not considered in retail spend of $600

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.