UOB one card

gohjh89

Reaction score
Hi guys, i am having some trouble understanding the quarter cycle so was hoping you guys may be able to help. tried searching some parts of the thread but still confuse. :s22:

My card was opened in the month of June and the statement date is on the 12 of each month. so according to the guidelines my card cycle should be the following:

Dec-Feb,
Mar-May,
Jun-Aug,
Sep-Nov.

my question is does it mean if i were to meet the dec month, i have to spend from 13 Nov - 12 Dec so that it fulfill the criteria for Dec??

appreciate your help = )

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, i am having some trouble understanding the quarter cycle so was hoping you guys may be able to help. tried searching some parts of the thread but still confuse. :s22:

My card was opened in the month of June and the statement date is on the 12 of each month. so according to the guidelines my card cycle should be the following:

Dec-Feb,
Mar-May,
Jun-Aug,
Sep-Nov.

my question is does it mean if i were to meet the dec month, i have to spend from 13 Nov - 12 Dec so that it fulfill the criteria for Dec??

appreciate your help = )

Eligible transactions posted from 13 nov to 12 Dec count the dec card spend.

iscrying

Reaction score
Guys, i received the following SMS asking me to activate my new UOB One Card. I couldnt figure out what does <AC> mean? Can any of you guys help me?

I am guessing that the vouchers are only given if I do activation by SMS and not other channels?

"Activate all your UOB Card(s): SMS <AC><NRIC><Last 4 digits of card#> to 77862 by 30 Nov 18 and get $20 grocery vouchers. T&Cs apply."

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys, i received the following SMS asking me to activate my new UOB One Card. I couldnt figure out what does <AC> mean? Can any of you guys help me?

I am guessing that the vouchers are only given if I do activation by SMS and not other channels?

"Activate all your UOB Card(s): SMS <AC><NRIC><Last 4 digits of card#> to 77862 by 30 Nov 18 and get $20 grocery vouchers. T&Cs apply."

Means type AC in the SMS. Eg :

AC S1234567A 1234

silverbomb

Master Member
Reaction score
No, buying vouchers from safra website. Uob staff say MCC code is govt. The thing that puzzles ne is that my other uob one card seems to get rebates for other past months.

SAFRA MCC is government, so do take note for many of the bank's T&C which are very sticky on this. I was excluded for Live Fresh Card as well for SAFRA half marathon registration.

IcYFl4mEz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I agree with this. I have been taking the option to do 0% installment plan as the option of such a card spend allows me to get the most rewards. For the rebates via 0% installment plan, I had so far paid admin charges to the merchant to pay by installment and travelled to an outlet further away just to make payment via 0% installment plan. I had recently even thought of opting for slightly lesser discount to buy a watch through 0% installment plan to reap more discount through the 5% rebates. Without any benefits, I would not even consider 0% installment plan. Given that most people would have been spending during the year end period, UOB has truly done a lot of damages with just a condition change.

Lesson learnt: All banks give out carrots. They are good while they lasts, don't be committed to a source of benefits for a long time. As consumers, we should exercise the freedom to move on to greener pastures.

So merchant installment also not counted? As in lets say buy a watch for 6-12 months installment by merchant. Not counted?
I checked with scb, they count it as long as its by merchant, not IPP

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So merchant installment also not counted? As in lets say buy a watch for 6-12 months installment by merchant. Not counted?

Should be ok if not IPP or uob smartpay. But just to be sure how does the merchant work? The merchant is authorised to charged to your card each month? Or you need to pay to merchant every month?

IcYFl4mEz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Should be ok if not IPP or uob smartpay. But just to be sure how does the merchant work? The merchant is authorised to charged to your card each month? Or you need to pay to merchant every month?

Not sure how it works. As per checked with scb, they say as long as charged by merchant, will do.
If merchant charge full then i ownself go n convert to ipp thru bank, then not considered.

Nesplex

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, can I check whether if topping up of SingTel Dash account using UOB ONE card is considered as an eligible transaction under the $500 monthly spending, to get the bonus interest as well as the quarterly cash rebate? Thanks for any advice.

bluetwinkle

Reaction score
Wow, u quoted such an old post of mine.

For UOB, installment arranged by merchants (where the full sum is charged to the card and broken down into installments at the point of payment as reflected in the charge slip) are not counted. I am very sure of this as all installments I took previously were offered by the merchants and not arrangements I made with UOB. I usually will not pay extra transaction fee to take up installments. The only exception was the one time where the sum was quite large and the transaction fee charged by the merchant could easily be offset by the expected rebates. During the transition period, my Feb 201X statement was not given the rebate for installment transactions that were posted in Jan 1X. I had to call in to remind UOB of its terms before I was given back my rebate.

bluetwinkle

Reaction score
I believe he is asking about cases where the merchant charges upfront and reflect a monthly installment amount on the charge slip. Some banks will consider the monthly installment amount as qualifying spend of the statement period and accord the cc benefits, others do not. I know UOB and OCBC 365 definitely do not acknowledge such spend as qualifying spend, DBS probably also does not.

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I believe he is asking about cases where the merchant charges upfront and reflect a monthly installment amount on the charge slip. Some banks will consider the monthly installment amount as qualifying spend of the statement period and accord the cc benefits, others do not. I know UOB and OCBC 365 definitely do not acknowledge such spend as qualifying spend, DBS probably also does not.

That is instalment payment plan (ipp)? Thought he referring to something other than ipp.

wilflare

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
do people use this mainly for the quarter cashback/rebate?
- are there any sign-up promos for now?

efreelancer

Reaction score
I agree with this. I have been taking the option to do 0% installment plan as the option of such a card spend allows me to get the most rewards. For the rebates via 0% installment plan, I had so far paid admin charges to the merchant to pay by installment and travelled to an outlet further away just to make payment via 0% installment plan. I had recently even thought of opting for slightly lesser discount to buy a watch through 0% installment plan to reap more discount through the 5% rebates. Without any benefits, I would not even consider 0% installment plan. Given that most people would have been spending during the year end period, UOB has truly done a lot of damages with just a condition change.

Lesson learnt: All banks give out carrots. They are good while they lasts, don't be committed to a source of benefits for a long time. As consumers, we should exercise the freedom to move on to greener pastures.

I would advise not to use the card for any installment plan at all. First zero rebates. And they start to charge annual fee of $192+ nowadays. If u wanna closed the card they will ask u to pay $100 for early payment. But what if customers choose not to pay for these "ridiculous" fees?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.