UOB Preferred Platinum Visa Card

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What are the safeguards for Paywave? If you make two transactions at the same merchant totalling over $100 within several minutes, will the second transaction go through?

Oh, i haven't test the system yet. I will let you know once i do.

zumaba

Reaction score
I mean top up transactions, i was replying to a post about top up. You can't top up more than 3 times a day. The bank get triggered for fraud concerns.

Did you ever run into my case - I used online Ezlink Top & Tap to top 6x$100, but can't update the 6th $100 into Ezlink stored value at AXS as it says the Ezlink max stored value is $500 only. What to do?

Called Ezlink hotline but can't answer and only told me they are going to check.

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did you ever run into my case - I used online Ezlink Top & Tap to top 6x$100, but can't update the 6th $100 into Ezlink stored value at AXS as it says the Ezlink max stored value is $500 only. What to do?

Called Ezlink hotline but can't answer and only told me they are going to check.

Weird, you shouldn't even be able to top up so many times at a go. You updated the card 5 times and 6th time cannot? You can store more than $500 on a card, that's the rule, use up a $100 first then.

kokchoong

Reaction score
What are the safeguards for Paywave? If you make two transactions at the same merchant totalling over $100 within several minutes, will the second transaction go through?

Tried. It works.
First transaction around $98 and second transaction around $10

aster1

Reaction score
Tried. It works.
First transaction around $98 and second transaction around $10

How long was the break between them?

I have done two a few hours apart and they went through fine, just wondering where the limit is.

aster1

Reaction score
Tanjong Pagar Fairprice does Paywave via the OCBC terminal. The next time I visit other Fairprice stores I will check each one for the same type of terminal.

Fairprice on Killiney Road also has the OCBC Paywave terminals (as mentioned they are facing the cashier so you have to lean over to check).

lcpteck

Master Member
Reaction score
Tanjong Pagar Fairprice does Paywave via the OCBC terminal. The next time I visit other Fairprice stores I will check each one for the same type of terminal.

Wonder what does the OCBC terminal looks like. Anybody got a picture? :)

lcpteck

Master Member
Reaction score
so you guys all storing till 5k points to redeem miles?

I'm storing till expiry date of the points then I'll redeem to miles so to extend the longevity of points (2 years in bank, 3 years in FFP). Or redeem it if I need to use it.

The_Davis

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I'm storing till expiry date of the points then I'll redeem to miles so to extend the longevity of points (2 years in bank, 3 years in FFP). Or redeem it if I need to use it.
thanks for the tips :)

kokchoong

Reaction score
How long was the break between them?

I have done two a few hours apart and they went through fine, just wondering where the limit is.

30 secs to 1 min?
The casher processed the 2nd transaction immediately.

Don't think it is an issue. I have heard of cases where some paywave users split purchases into 5 - 10 continuous transactions to take advantage of earlier paywave promotions.

aster1

Reaction score
Wonder what does the OCBC terminal looks like. Anybody got a picture? :)

I'd just go into your nearest Fairprice and have a peek, it's black from all sides but the front where it has some OCBC branding (look like stickers/labels) with the one on the top being the contactless payment logo.

It was actually by pure chance that I noticed it as otherwise I would have wrongly assumed that Paypass isn't available at Fairprice.

aster1

Reaction score
30 secs to 1 min?
The casher processed the 2nd transaction immediately.

Don't think it is an issue. I have heard of cases where some paywave users split purchases into 5 - 10 continuous transactions to take advantage of earlier paywave promotions.

Interesting, I would have thought that they have some safeguards due to no signature or PIN required but just a simple tap.

Otherwise if you lose your card then someone could rack up hundreds of $ of charges in one place by just asking the cashier lady to charge the card as soon as the total is close $100 and then keep on going.

aster1

Reaction score
Can someone confirm that they credit 10x points for using this card to pay for Comgateway.com shipping charges?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.