UOB Preferred Platinum Visa Card

runforyourlife

Reaction score
anyway i just called.. they say that amazon is counted but product specific depends on what u buy one

purpletoysmum

Reaction score
This credit card has many exclusions so forum members please double check the terms and conditions carefully before making any big purchases. They can change the T&Cs any time without you noticing it. And they also seem to exclude some merchants which are not so obviously in the exclusion groups. :s22:

spiralblast

Reaction score
bollocks!

So which card is best for paying Singtel bills online?

If you are talking about just UOB cards or UNI$ I personally would go for the PRVI card. But if you have the DBS Women's Card that would be better since it's 4 miles per $1 and works for phone bills.

By the way, I just found this blog post that seems quite useful for the mileage lovers in us. Looks like a good summary of all the Singapore CCs but not sure if still up to date (besides the fact that it was published before PPV came out)? Published early this year: link here

Last edited:

spiralblast

Reaction score
Was looking at redeeming first or business class to Europe, but it seems the A380 flights are always not listed although there are actually A380 flights when searching using cash payment. Any idea if SQ purposely limits redemption for A380 flights?

Meh. Don't trip over yourself trying to get biz class flights on the A380. That plane can be a bit overrated. Sort of hit or miss at times. Great most of the time, but colleagues and I have gotten REALLY dry eyes a few times on biz class. But since it's a HVAC problem it's probably affecting all cabin classes. When I mentioned this to a friend who works at SQ he said they've been getting some complaints on that too so looks like it does happen occasionally.

swordspirit

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you are talking about just UOB cards or UNI$ I personally would go for the PRVI card. But if you have the DBS Women's Card that would be better since it's 4 miles per $1 and works for phone bills.

By the way, I just found this blog post that seems quite useful for the mileage lovers in us. Looks like a good summary of all the Singapore CCs but not sure if still up to date? Published early this year: link here

Dbs only good if u spend alot. 1 yr expiry + 42.80 for annual conversion fee + 20, 000 miles redemption block.

aster1

Reaction score
Was looking at redeeming first or business class to Europe, but it seems the A380 flights are always not listed although there are actually A380 flights when searching using cash payment. Any idea if SQ purposely limits redemption for A380 flights?

Virtually every airline has a limited allotment of seats per flight that are open for redemption purposes. Searching for seats on a cash basis does not come out of the same bucket.

Heck, even when there are NO SEATS AVAILABLE airlines will still sell them, hence the term "overbooking." :)

If you want to redeem on the A380 to Europe then you will have a very easy time finding seats to LHR.

DingJie

Reaction score
how to know if giant is giving smart$ or Uni? Smart$ will show on the charge slip right? mine nv show so means auto uni?

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how to know if giant is giving smart$ or Uni? Smart$ will show on the charge slip right? mine nv show so means auto uni?

Now this is a grey area because those giant outlets that were originally shop&save give UNI$ as no smart$ is given but those outlets that were originally Giant like the hypermart in Tampines give smart$ so no UNI$. A receipt from a smart$ merchant will show how much smart$ you have so its easy enough to tell the difference.

TribleBoob

Reaction score
Did you satisfy all the requirements? Any previous bad credit history?

Did they offer you the collateral option or was it a downright rejection from the bank?

They sent me a physical letter saying rejected my application.
My income is slightly lower than 30k but that should not be a problem since I got scb manhattan already.

Suleyman

Reaction score
My income is slightly lower than 30k but that should not be a problem since I got scb manhattan already.

30k is minimum requirement set by MAS. If below 30k, banks will reject. Not sure how you got it past SCB, but just because you got lucky with one doesn't mean the rest will agree.

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

You don't even fulfil min requirements set out by MAS, they are right to reject you. SCB might have overlook or assume a higher salary because of potential bonus.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.