Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

UOB PRVI Miles Platinum Card

Like Tree25Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-05-2012, 11:13 AM   #16
High Supremacy Member

i just checked out UOB Preferred Platinum Card and they give 10x UNI$ for overseas spending!!!

Chanel, LV, Prada & Hermes considered as a store worldwide that sells clothes, shoes or bags as its main business activity right?

o0KelviN0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2012, 11:17 AM   #17
Arch-Supremacy Member

i just checked out UOB Preferred Platinum Card and they give 10x UNI$ for overseas spending!!!

Chanel, LV, Prada & Hermes considered as a store worldwide that sells clothes, shoes or bags as its main business activity right?
They do.

It is same as Citibank Rewards Card. 10x

Local / Overseas same as long as bags/shoes/clothing main business and also Departmental Store.

Only difference is Citibank Round down to the nearest $1 and UOB round down to nearest $5.

Also things like expiry time and 1 being Visa and the other is AMEX and such.
goenitz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2012, 11:18 AM   #18

Visa has lower overseas transaction fee than amex

Take note of the Terms n condition:

http://www.uob.com.sg/personal/cards...s/pdfs/tnc.pdf

1) 1.6 miles for every S$1 spent in Singapore
UOB PRVI Miles Cardmembers will earn 4 UNI$ for every S$5 spent for transactions in Singapore
dollars, which is equivalent to 1.6 miles for every S$1 spent, and excludes Installment Payment Plan,
SMART$ transactions, funds transfers, cash advances, fees, interests and other financial charges.

2) 2.5 miles for every S$1 spent overseas
UOB PRVI Miles Cardmembers will earn 6.25 UNI$ for every S$5 spent for card transactions in foreign
currencies, which is equivalent to 2.5 miles for every S$1 spent, and excludes Installment Payment Plan,
SMART$ transactions, funds transfers, cash advances, fees, interests and other financial charges. In
the event the UNI$ awarded is in decimal points, the final UNI$ awarded for each transaction will be
rounded down to the nearest whole figure. Card transactions made overseas but effected in Singapore
dollars will be treated as transactions made in Singapore.
UNI$ will only be awarded for every $5 spent.
Arcanell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2012, 11:23 AM   #19
High Supremacy Member

did a simple calculation for local spending...

DBS Altitude vs UOB PRVI Miles

based on $50 Isetan (UOB) vs $50 Taka (DBS) - DBS wins even though 3 points per $5

this card, overseas & local spending lose in terms of my rewards redemption habits...

i'm not very keen about flyer miles as i travel for work... can clock quite easily

Old 16-05-2012, 11:27 AM   #20
High Supremacy Member

They do.

It is same as Citibank Rewards Card. 10x

Local / Overseas same as long as bags/shoes/clothing main business and also Departmental Store.

Only difference is Citibank Round down to the nearest $1 and UOB round down to nearest $5.

Also things like expiry time and 1 being Visa and the other is AMEX and such.
how bro? i need to find a card for my Europe trip soon... Citi rewards card better than Maybank?

Old 16-05-2012, 12:25 PM   #21

Sigh. Why must they go with Amex?
continuum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2012, 01:38 PM   #22
Arch-Supremacy Member

how bro? i need to find a card for my Europe trip soon... Citi rewards card better than Maybank?
i think best you check with the bank how much would the overseas transaction cost and how do they base on the exchange rates.

Upfront discount > points to me.

so whichever card is cheaper i think i will go for that one
Old 16-05-2012, 03:41 PM   #23

why can't the banks make their card a clear winner? I am refering to UOB and DBS. At least Citibank (Premier Miles), Maybank (Horizon) and HSBC(infinite) have their own niche.
sleeping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2012, 03:46 PM   #24
Arch-Supremacy Member

its not possible. All the business in SG follow a certain pattern / standard set by their competitor and wont move too far out of it
Old 16-05-2012, 07:58 PM   #25
Supremacy Member

why can't the banks make their card a clear winner? I am refering to UOB and DBS. At least Citibank (Premier Miles), Maybank (Horizon) and HSBC(infinite) have their own niche.
Isn't DBS's Altitude Visa better than Citibank PM?
avsquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2012, 01:17 AM   #26
Arch-Supremacy Member

Isn't DBS's Altitude Visa better than Citibank PM?
u need to spend an average of 2k each mth to make it better.

which in this case wouldnt UOB Miles card beat DBS Altitude Visa since you dont need to hit minimum spending ??

DBS Altitude
For the first S$2,000 spent, you earn 1.2 miles per S$1. For every additional dollar spent in the month, you earn 1.6 miles*! Best of all, your points never expire.

looking at this i really hope someone confirms that spending 2k and above like $2001 = 1.6 miles for all below and not first 2k = 1.2 miles and the $1 after that is 1.6 miles
Old 17-05-2012, 02:46 AM   #27

u need to spend an average of 2k each mth to make it better.

which in this case wouldnt UOB Miles card beat DBS Altitude Visa since you dont need to hit minimum spending ??

DBS Altitude
For the first S$2,000 spent, you earn 1.2 miles per S$1. For every additional dollar spent in the month, you earn 1.6 miles*! Best of all, your points never expire.

looking at this i really hope someone confirms that spending 2k and above like $2001 = 1.6 miles for all below and not first 2k = 1.2 miles and the $1 after that is 1.6 miles
It's in the fine print.

The additional 1X DBS point for DBS Altitude Visa Signature Cardmembers' monthly incremental spend above S$2,000 will be computed and awarded based on the Cardmember's statement cycle.
So, first 2k earns 3 DBSpoints/$5 (or 1.2 miles). Next 2k earns 4 DBSpoints.

I will say that UOB Privi Miles beat Altitude Amex, but against Altitude Visa, we go back to the age old argument about how Amex is accepted in less places, etc.

Anyway, I'm hoping this card will shake DBS & Citi a bit and they will improve their offerings for Altitude and Premiermiles. If not, I have submitted my application and am happy to switch.
Suleyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2012, 08:55 AM   #28

I think this card is best used together with the Citi PM as a general-spend Amex/Visa combo. Assuming you probably won't reach $2k on the visa, Citi PM is better than the DBS Altitude.
Awesom Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2012, 08:59 AM   #29

This card is lacking 2 free Priority Passes and 10k miles upon renewal compared to Citi PM & DBS Altitude (Visa signature series).
yantao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2012, 08:59 AM   #30

what about Maybank Horizon? Think it's better than UOB PRVI. Although I must say, the limo transfer to airport is really tempting
ultraman_toh is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.