UOB PRVI Miles Platinum Card

dahnoob

Reaction score
It may look attractive because points are pooled into 1 account, hence you can combine PRVI and ppv earnings together. Altitude can pool with wwmc as well. Anz travel can result in orphan miles since its only miles card gives 1.4mpd, there are no 4mpd cards from them.

Overseas spend can use uob visa signature for 4mpd if your monthly statement exceed $1k.
What's so attractive about this card? Anz travel also 1.4miles and awarded on per dollar basis. Overseas spend use dbs altitude?

Techno Pride

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
On the Prvi Miles Mastercard, there is a set of four numbers. It's between the "5522" and my name.

What's that for?

Techno Pride

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
UOB-PRVI-Miles-World-Mastercard-Credit-Card-Review.jpg

What is the number 2125 for?

Cheapbuy

Reaction score
I'm get the sms mention about respond by 15Jan , and now get saw the card on the internet banking already, believe this few day getting the card

arigatoast

Reaction score
when do the points got credit in after a transaction?
after it got posted? or end of the biling month?

TIA
=)

xtreamzz

Master Member
Reaction score
Not sure how or why but just as I was researching about Citi Premiermiles, UOB sent me an "Exclusive Invitation" for their PRVI Miles card... From what I've been reading about Citi PM, UOB don't quite compare... Can't decide if I should keep this card since the first year is waived. Any factors that might make you keep this card?

Just wanted to confirm some pointers:
1) Earning of miles for UOB Prvi won't be recorded for any monthly insurance payments? Have anyone tried and got it before?

2) Will I earn miles for insurance premiums for Citi PM?

"UOB PRVI Miles World Mastercard and PRVI Miles Visa Cardmembers will also not earn UNI$ for bill payment establishments registered under the MCC of 6300 (Insurance Underwriting, Premiums) and 6399 (Insurance – Default)"

Thanks in advance!

dahnoob

Reaction score
Not sure how or why but just as I was researching about Citi Premiermiles, UOB sent me an "Exclusive Invitation" for their PRVI Miles card... From what I've been reading about Citi PM, UOB don't quite compare... Can't decide if I should keep this card since the first year is waived. Any factors that might make you keep this card?

Just wanted to confirm some pointers:
1) Earning of miles for UOB Prvi won't be recorded for any monthly insurance payments? Have anyone tried and got it before?

2) Will I earn miles for insurance premiums for Citi PM?

"UOB PRVI Miles World Mastercard and PRVI Miles Visa Cardmembers will also not earn UNI$ for bill payment establishments registered under the MCC of 6300 (Insurance Underwriting, Premiums) and 6399 (Insurance – Default)"

Thanks in advance!

1. insurance is excluded on prvi, unless your company is not one of the following:
6300 Insurance Underwriting, Premiums
6399 Insurance - Default

2. citi pm does not exclude insurance, as far as i'm aware. on a side note, there are better cards if you can pay your insurance online.

prvi is a keeper for me because:
1. it pools with uob ppv
2. it's 1.4mpd (sketchy calculations, but it's fine after you get used to it)

that's about it tbh, it pales in comparison with other cards such as PM or altitude. i'm only using it when i know for sure i'm getting 1.4mpd. Are they matching the $50 public offer or did they give you a targeted sign up bonus?

xtreamzz

Master Member
Reaction score
1. insurance is excluded on prvi, unless your company is not one of the following:
6300 Insurance Underwriting, Premiums
6399 Insurance - Default

2. citi pm does not exclude insurance, as far as i'm aware. on a side note, there are better cards if you can pay your insurance online.

prvi is a keeper for me because:
1. it pools with uob ppv
2. it's 1.4mpd (sketchy calculations, but it's fine after you get used to it)

that's about it tbh, it pales in comparison with other cards such as PM or altitude. i'm only using it when i know for sure i'm getting 1.4mpd. Are they matching the $50 public offer or did they give you a targeted sign up bonus?

I'm currently paying monthly for PruMultiplier which I believe should fall under "6300 Insurance Underwriting, Premiums". Would you recommend using the Citi Rewards to pay for this? It's currently being charged to my One card.

When are you usually sure you'll get 1.4mpd?

I was part of a targeted sign up but dont see any other bonus indicated in the mail except being part of a commuter pilot program with LTA that automatically tops itself up, similar to Citi SMRT.

dahnoob

Reaction score
I'm currently paying monthly for PruMultiplier which I believe should fall under "6300 Insurance Underwriting, Premiums". Would you recommend using the Citi Rewards to pay for this? It's currently being charged to my One card.

When are you usually sure you'll get 1.4mpd?

I was part of a targeted sign up but dont see any other bonus indicated in the mail except being part of a commuter pilot program with LTA that automatically tops itself up, similar to Citi SMRT.

I highly doubt citirewards will give 10x for your insurance. I was thinking more towards DBS wwmc or HSBC advance, but I have no experience dealing with Prudential insurance.

I'm sure I'll get 1.4mpd when it's not a smart$ merchant. That said, I'm rarely using it because I have plenty of 4mpd cards for a variety of categories. The PRVI is my fallback in case none of them work. This usually happen for very occasional large purchases (such as buying a car, for example)

I would only recommend it if you are using the UOB ppv on a daily basis. Would not recommend if you're using it as the only UOB card, as 1.4mpd means your miles are accumulated rather slowly.

Edit: That targeted sign up mailer is as good as nothing! Sign up online for the $50 cashback if you want, or wait for a better bonus.

xtreamzz

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip! I've decided to go with the UOB PPV & PRVI combo. Do you happen to have any experience with UOB Bill Pay (http://www.uob.com.sg/personal/cards/payment/bill_payment_service.html)?

Just wondering if PPV would give 1UNI$ or 10UNI$ for every $5 spent in this case? Thinking of linking my Pru payments through Bill Pay to stretch some mileage

I highly doubt citirewards will give 10x for your insurance. I was thinking more towards DBS wwmc or HSBC advance, but I have no experience dealing with Prudential insurance.

I'm sure I'll get 1.4mpd when it's not a smart$ merchant. That said, I'm rarely using it because I have plenty of 4mpd cards for a variety of categories. The PRVI is my fallback in case none of them work. This usually happen for very occasional large purchases (such as buying a car, for example)

I would only recommend it if you are using the UOB ppv on a daily basis. Would not recommend if you're using it as the only UOB card, as 1.4mpd means your miles are accumulated rather slowly.

Edit: That targeted sign up mailer is as good as nothing! Sign up online for the $50 cashback if you want, or wait for a better bonus.

Layers

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Recurring monthly premium... The thing about UOB's Bill Pay is, rewards can be earned from all of their cards when paying for it, except PRVI which leads me to question if it's considered an online transaction that qualifies for 10XUNI$ if paid via PPV?

Clearly not online

Layers

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Recurring monthly premium... The thing about UOB's Bill Pay is, rewards can be earned from all of their cards when paying for it, except PRVI which leads me to question if it's considered an online transaction that qualifies for 10XUNI$ if paid via PPV?
recurring n online diff.

Anything in doubt charge to altitude. Most forgiving card.

Sent from Sony E6853 using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.