HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Alex Ong, the young man who pushed an old lady of a bus, tells his Story

Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2012, 07:46 PM   #1
Banned

Thumbs down Alex Ong, the young man who pushed an old lady of a bus, tells his Story

25 year old Alex Ong pushes an old woman out of the bus after she pisses him off by pressing the bell late. Alex claims he suffers from obsessive-compulsive disorder, clinical depression and autism-spectrum disorder. He says his anger stemmed from incidents that happened earlier in his life.

So, where do I start?
Do I start from the very beginning, or do I start from the reason why Iím writing this in the first place?
Perhaps I should start with the reason why I started this blog, since I suspect most of you will be directed here after reading press reports of the incident that triggered this.
Let me fill you in on my side of the story.

I have been trying to find a proper, stable job for over half-a-year now. My previous job was as a temporary admin at Informatics, a job that sucked hard, with disgustingly long hours, disgusting environment, disgusting pay, and a disgusting commute. I hated it, and I swore to myself not to take such jobs ever again. Unfortunately, my choice is limited - I will explain why at a later time - and this has been frustrating me, along with other matters I will explain later.
Fast-forward to 5th of June, this year.

I was going to Dhoby Ghaut by bus from my home in Sembawang to get something fixed. At Thomson, this old lady pressed the stop bell at the last minute, to which I told her not to the next time.
She just simply and suddenly shouted back at me for that.

kim_martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:16 PM   #2
High Supremacy Member

no excuse. instead of 1/2 a minute late for appointment, he quarelled for at least 2-3 mins and then got to spent more time making up stories and apologising all over the net.

plain stupid.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:31 PM   #3

Everyone has their own story and frustrations,
but to take it out in that way is no excuse.....neither.
Maybe she is old and forgot to press the bell and didn't see the stop properly,
did you think about that before jumping up and telling the old lady off?
Who are u? The bus traffic police?

If everyone starts being mean and horrible and turn violet and turn around to say
he/she has a bad day..it's going to be horrible place to be around.

Good that he apologised in the end, but still no excuses.
Old 07-06-2012, 09:03 PM   #4

The woman is too kind to accept his apology.
Who the f**k he think he is.
So what if he has whatever history or illness, whatever he claim.
He can only blame himself for being useless and not take it out on an old lady.
path_of_rainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:21 PM   #5
Master Member

If he is in a hurry pls take a cab, whatever sh-it reason he has, he shouldn't push an old lady... many "good years" ahead for him....
Tortoise79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:55 PM   #6
Arch-Supremacy Member

please la....if he respect elderly as he said he does, he would not have pulled punches on that elderly already...

New Rig!!!!!!!
lionelfoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:35 PM   #7
Master Member

he has some disorder. So lets give him a break. The woman is alright anyway. For a while, i thought sg education failed...LOL
lockks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:49 PM   #8
Arch-Supremacy Member

already failed....
Silverback84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:58 AM   #9
Arch-Supremacy Member

quan yifeng also got some disorder... those in the wrong always claim to have this have that....

give the benefit or doubt... but the reasoning is phail... does he mean that he had vented his frustration on the old lady.. wtf siol
giggss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:15 AM   #10

Respect your elders, don't suka suka blame OCD.
kumokumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:41 AM   #11

No one is interested in his sad story.

Seriously people should stop giving excuses, simi depression, OCD lah. If you are mad, please check yourself into a mental institution.
omegawatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:12 PM   #12
Supremacy Member

Frankly, I can understand. Bad day, bad month, bad year. Stuff builds up. **** can happen to anyone.

However, that doesn't excuse anyone from such behaviour. If tons of **** happened to me, I push old lady, I deserve all the resultant flak too.

I'd go up and kick AO in the nuts, then tell him that I had a bad year. So I can be excused?
alvinaloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2012, 09:53 PM   #13

Reminds me of an aunty pushing and shoving her way in a bus i was in and bitching about ppl carrying big bags -_-

Its wrong to push elderly off anything but whats with trolling aunties lately (this incident + smrt one)

Btw surprised nobody commented on the hot lady who scolded that kid on the bus XD
Shoobydooduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2012, 10:26 PM   #14
High Supremacy Member

so what are u trying to say? becos aunties are slow aunties complaint, we can be physically abuse them?

if aunties complaint about crowded or big bags, just tell her she so yaya then go take cab, no need to cramp with peasants in a bus. if u cant defend urself in the proper manner then dun whine.

i encounter one at hospital oso, telling the family members of other patients to get lost. the other group just told her the same thing, u so yaya go stay in first class bed. nobody will disturb u.
Old 25-06-2012, 08:50 AM   #15
Supremacy Member

25 year old Alex Ong pushes an old woman out of the bus after she pisses him off by pressing the bell late. Alex claims he suffers from obsessive-compulsive disorder, clinical depression and autism-spectrum disorder. He says his anger stemmed from incidents that happened earlier in his life.

So, where do I start?
Do I start from the very beginning, or do I start from the reason why I’m writing this in the first place?
Perhaps I should start with the reason why I started this blog, since I suspect most of you will be directed here after reading press reports of the incident that triggered this.
Let me fill you in on my side of the story.

I have been trying to find a proper, stable job for over half-a-year now. My previous job was as a temporary admin at Informatics, a job that sucked hard, with disgustingly long hours, disgusting environment, disgusting pay, and a disgusting commute. I hated it, and I swore to myself not to take such jobs ever again. Unfortunately, my choice is limited - I will explain why at a later time - and this has been frustrating me, along with other matters I will explain later.
Fast-forward to 5th of June, this year.

I was going to Dhoby Ghaut by bus from my home in Sembawang to get something fixed. At Thomson, this old lady pressed the stop bell at the last minute, to which I told her not to the next time.
She just simply and suddenly shouted back at me for that.

He might as well add in more psychological problems and conditions in his explanation.

To most of us, he is just a screwed up fella who pushed an old lady off the bus disregarding his motives, this is so wrong....

I hope he gets charged

Edit to add: Mental conditions should not be used as an excuse to physically harm someone. If it is really the reason of him pushing someone down the bus, if he is still human, he should check himself into IMH to prevent further harm to public. And OCD is NOT violent.

Last edited by James Tang; 25-06-2012 at 08:53 AM..
James Tang is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.