HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Baey Yam Keng talking cock to compare dialects with Korean?!

Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2012, 12:15 PM   #1
Master Member

Baey Yam Keng talking cock to compare dialects with Korean?!

I am not sure as MP does he understand why government control the use of dialects???

What cock he talking to compare the use of dialects with foreign language ???!!!

He better goes and do some home work before talking cock!

Shame to be a MP!
TUV2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 12:17 PM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

actually its true wat...
wats wrong with it?
Old 03-03-2012, 02:26 PM   #3
Master Member

There are completely irrelevant topics.
The control of dialects is to create unity among Chinese community and for commercial reason.
What is the problem of people leaning foreign language ??? We learn Korean or Japanese to understand another culture and do business with them. It is not realistic to think that one day the Korean or Japanese will be so well spread in Singapore and disintegrate the society
Why as a MP he does not understand this simple logic ??
I cannot believe we have a MP in white can't even understand this.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:33 PM   #4
Arch-Supremacy Member

I think chinese community can identify well with dialect. hokkien also has its share of vocabulary in singlish. It is just being narrow minded on the gahments part. In taiwan, taiwanese refer hokkien as their language too.

As for foreign language, it is just personal. I think every1 can learn whatever they want. perhaps, if the gahment want can enforce pinoy, since they are about to be the fifth addition to our multi-racial domain.
Old 03-03-2012, 06:11 PM   #5
High Supremacy Member

plz lah dun need believe most if not all things the MIW says. they just spin things to their own delight, and most of the times they cant make their own stories (not even fit to be called logic) complete.

got chance, just kick them out. save ur breath.
Old 03-03-2012, 06:48 PM   #6
Master Member

I think chinese community can identify well with dialect. hokkien also has its share of vocabulary in singlish. It is just being narrow minded on the gahments part. In taiwan, taiwanese refer hokkien as their language too.

As for foreign language, it is just personal. I think every1 can learn whatever they want. perhaps, if the gahment want can enforce pinoy, since they are about to be the fifth addition to our multi-racial domain.
U misread my point . I actually support his view on use of dialects. I am also a hokkien Peng before and enjoy using dialects and watch hokkien show.

But I cannot stand the fact that Baey mixed the dialects with foreign languages into the topic.

There are completely different story!

Why we have this kind of MIW MP???
Old 03-03-2012, 10:48 PM   #7

any links to his speech?
Kcusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:57 AM   #8
Master Member

any links to his speech?
It was reported in Zaobao ...

http://www.zaobao.com.sg/sp/sp120303_028.shtml

This is the part I cannot tahan... It shows how childish our MP is to use wrong example without using his brain....

马炎庆同时表示,电台可以听到韩语和日语的歌曲,电视也可以通过双声道听到韩剧和日剧演员的外语原声,我国是否有必要严禁华人方言。他说,如果担心多接触方言会影响国人学习华语,那是否表示应该也禁止国人上目前非常流行的韩语课。
Old 04-03-2012, 08:27 PM   #9
Master Member

Well if you learn dialect and communicate well enough to conduct business deals isn't it good also?

English also has its own dialects, from wales to yorkshire they all speak differently.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:41 PM   #10
Master Member

the mandarin we speak also is a northern dialect put into use because of Mao and the Communist Party so in effect you are being to encouraged to speak a Northerner's Dialect.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:41 PM   #11
High Supremacy Member

the mandarin we speak also is a northern dialect put into use because of Mao and the Communist Party so in effect you are being to encouraged to speak a Northerner's Dialect.
nope u are wrong.

the mandarin we spoke does have a >600yrs history being the official tongue in ancient china, and it was chosen as the official language of Qing Dynasty in 1909, 2yrs b4 the manchurian empire ended. in 1911 it was chosen as the official tongue of Republic of China after the 1911 revolution, but until 1919 it officially went into mainland govt policy.

what mao did was just a continuation of previous policies. not an invention at all on the commies side.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.