Clear Explaination of the Presidential Election debate in the paliarment

fascist

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There is still no doubt that the language was vague wasn't it?

"On the advice of the AGC, we decided to count from WKW."

How is that not to be interpreted by normal people as "AGC's advice was such that they should count from WKW" ?

Its worded in such a way as if it was based on AGC's advice.

Jialat12345

Reaction score
Why does the video end so early?

TOC reported: When Ms Lim wanted to make a response to Minister Shanmugam, Deputy Speaker Charles Chong failed to see Ms Lim's raised hand and ended the parliamentary sitting.

veryhungryboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so despite beating around the bush, ultimately it is govt aka party that decide ;)

fascist

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why does the video end so early?

TOC reported: When Ms Lim wanted to make a response to Minister Shanmugam, Deputy Speaker Charles Chong failed to see Ms Lim's raised hand and ended the parliamentary sitting.

Make it seem like Shan's reply was definitive and that WP was rebutted and hence case close.

Reaction score
so despite beating around the bush, ultimately it is govt aka party that decide ;)

:o
that is the beauty of become RULING PARTY.

I believe " if " one day An opposition become Ruling party

PAP is just like WP , rebuke back also no body bother since is not ruling party.

Or else why political party want to contest , for the power of ruling party.

But I see for SG case is forever PAP is ruling party ......

as long zzz Opposition never come out just ONE party vs PAP

there will be no end forget one day Opposition will become Ruling party replace PAP.

Reaction score
ownself decide ownself
:s13::s13::s13::s13:

Don't play play , what I noticed they " changed in the way how to get things done "

despite so many things can't work out , break down of facilities , they just simple brush off all " noise "

They just want to MAKE THE PEOPLE FEEL TIRED of complain here and there , Questions them etc .

over and over again , surely the people will get numb and use to it.

Just like MRT break down so many times, in the end what happen ?

Despite people complain , now even can delay students go take exam also like that despite people complain also " use to it "

this is what they want :)

till the day come whatever they do , people just don't give a dam , this is what they want.

maelstrom93

Banned
Reaction score
Song boh? This scumugam did not really answer Ms Sylvia Lim's questions.

The appeal court threw the ball back to parliament and he is still trying not to explain why they started the counting from President Wee Kim Wee. :s22:

Sinkie pwn sinkie can sleep well tonight!

Razor

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so today we found out the decision to start counting from Dr Wee Kim Wee was NOT a result of the AGC's advice. But sylvia was asked to challenge the decision in court and that led to TCB doing so

Imagine there is no opposition we will never have found this out

Reaction score
erm...guys
70% vote for this

to be fair , I think some of them is " No choice " just vote PAP , simply because the opposition cannot make it.

sometimes is not the seek of voting opposition , is the members.

why WP managed to win because they got people don't seriously talk nonsense etc come GE .

next also too many oppositions parties....u see come GE 2020 , RP , NSP , whatever suddenly will pop out as usual.

As I have mention seriously if Opposition want to win help the people , they HAVE TO FORM JUST ONE PARTY THAT ALL

ONE PARTY VS PAP

We_Generation

Reaction score
Will the debate continue later? Sylvia haven reply ah Shan comment I see liao quite buay song.
The way Shan think and talk gave me alot of doubt.

attitudel

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Two things government treat us like idiots..
1) first elected president was OTC. We learnt that since young.
2) a society based on meritocracy and equality not racial! We say that in pledge everyday

SkyShroud

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
to be fair , I think some of them is " No choice " just vote PAP , simply because the opposition cannot make it.

sometimes is not the seek of voting opposition , is the members.

why WP managed to win because they got people don't seriously talk nonsense etc come GE .

next also too many oppositions parties....u see come GE 2020 , RP , NSP , whatever suddenly will pop out as usual.

As I have mention seriously if Opposition want to win help the people , they HAVE TO FORM JUST ONE PARTY THAT ALL

ONE PARTY VS PAP
ermm....
wp lost the last ge...

Leondna

Reaction score
Singaporeans has been taken for a ride....

At first G tries to absolve itself of any responsibility by challenging SL to go to court, suggesting that this is a legal policy.

Now no choice, finally admit it’s originally their decision.

What a waste of time and money.

They think we Singaporeans are idiot ?!!!!!

rtkgamer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
PAP will make good painters, because they can change black to white.

CeDreamz

Master Member
Reaction score
Really salute the opposition. If i talk to someone they give this kind of reply, i sure wack them

Syllabus

Banned
Reaction score
They never said they must pay a political price?

Why SL still wants to debate?

Last edited:

junjie433

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Singaporeans has been taken for a ride....

At first G tries to absolve itself of any responsibility by challenging SL to go to court, suggesting that this is a legal policy.

Now no choice, finally admit it’s originally their decision.

What a waste of time and money.

They think we Singaporeans are idiot ?!!!!!

In the first place, the decision is only base on someone who has the absolute power. Advice is just to confuse ppl, it mean to make sure whatever the person decide to do is legal.

Globe

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
saw the news clip last night ... sibei aggressive and guai lan vibe max .... fist down on table somemore

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.