ISIS targeting Malaysian leaders, says defence minister Hishammuddin

MrSinkie95

Honorary Member
Reaction score
KLUANG/IPOH - The Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) has put several Malaysian leaders on its list of targets, said Defence Minister Hishammuddin Tun Hussein on Sunday (Nov 15).

Datuk Seri Hishammuddin was quoted by The Star as saying he had received a report before the Asean Defence Ministers meeting in March that the terrorist group had targeted known figures in the country.

"I can confirm that ISIS wants to target our leaders, including myself, but it will not scare us or stop us from fighting terrorism, not only in the country, but in the region as well," Mr Hishammuddin told reporters after a Deepavali celebration event.

"The information on the threat from ISIS was made before the joint Asean Defence Ministers meeting held at Langkawi in March, where all 10 nations agreed to a joint effort in fighting terrorism," he said.

Separately, Transport Minister Liow Tiong Lai said the government was stepping up security control at all entry points, including airports in Malaysia, following the attacks in Paris last Friday.

"We have been very cautious in our safety measures, with all entry points, especially airport security, being tightened after many alerts," Datuk Seri Liow was quoted by Bernama as saying on Sunday.

"Actually we were given the alert earlier. I think you also know that the United States (US) also alerted us on the Jalan Alor (in Kuala Lumpur) case and that the police have tracked down several activists in the country and have arrested some of them.

"Malaysia has been on high alert most of the time and we will continue to do so," Mr Liow told a media conference after the ground-breaking ceremony for a school.

foreseer

Banned
Reaction score
they have to target the leaders first....... of course there are people who say false flag (as usual)

coz their ideals are still very different

mccmmm

Banned
Reaction score
I standpie my kitchen little knife liao la la cum fookest cum I'm puiing soon

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.