'To lose a good son, I can't swallow that': Parents of NSF who died in training mishap in Australia

Savantrainmaker

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
video: https://www.facebook.com/ChannelNew...UzpfSTkzODg5NDMyOTMzOjEwMTU2MTY2Njk1MjU3OTM0/

He had 4 promotions in 3 years.

COA - August 2015
Major General - July 2016
CDF - March 2018
Lieutenant General July 2018

15i6qt4.jpg

I may be wrong, but until the current LG Melvyn Ong took over as the COA/CDF MINDEF/SAF had not experienced any training-related deaths for a while since 2012.

Worse, after a halt of some 5 years, the recent deaths are all machinery/humans induced; not acts of god like being hit by a random tree/lightning or a sudden heart attack.

So these seemed to indicate human lapses, especially when operating machineries. The Air Force and Navy seemed to managed heavy machineries better as the safety culture is more imbued into them.

Human lapses and negligent always trace back to leadership and management or the lack of them.

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
15i6qt4.jpg

I may be wrong, but until the current LG Melvyn Ong took over as the COA/CDF MINDEF/SAF had not experienced any training-related deaths for a while since 2012.

Worse, after a halt of some 5 years, the recent deaths are all machinery/humans induced; not acts of god like being hit by a random tree/lightning or a sudden heart attack.

So these seemed to indicate human lapses, especially when operating machineries. The Air Force and Navy seemed to managed heavy machineries better as the safety culture is more imbued into them.

Human lapses and negligent always trace back to leadership and management or the lack of them.

Air Force has how many NSF

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.