Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Who mentored Yaw Shin Leong?

Like Tree2Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-02-2012, 01:47 AM   #16
Master Member

u didnt read TS posts during last yr election period?
The username does ring a bell, but I have to say that I do not recall all that much.
Old 21-02-2012, 01:55 AM   #17
Master Member

although the article is from temasektimes, which quote from the chinese tabloid, fact remains that the source of the information was from YSL's ex-employer. fact remains that YSL was selected by and specially trained by LTK.
I do not particular care who the source is or what he or she has to say or has said. The point that has been brought up by others here is that it matters not who mentored Mr. Yaw. Should we go about that chain of query, one might as well as ask and possibly fault the religion (if any) Mr. Yaw is from, which ethnic race he belongs to, who fathered him, which school he came from, etc. In my opinion none of this serves any real purpose other than allowing us (or simply myself) an peak into the conversationalist's mind.
Old 21-02-2012, 01:58 AM   #18
High Supremacy Member

The username does ring a bell, but I have to say that I do not recall all that much.
dun bother recalling. they're basically all for pappies and no-go for any and every oppo...
Old 21-02-2012, 02:02 AM   #19
Master Member

dun bother recalling.
Noted. To be frank, I do not really care which faction he or she belongs to (if any), so long as the case presented makes sense; in this particular case, it doesn't. This naturally applies to everyone; to those who aligns themselves with any of the local political parties and to those who do not.

Last edited by BirdbrainZ; 21-02-2012 at 02:11 AM.. Reason: *Minor edits.
BirdbrainZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2012, 07:07 AM   #20
Supremacy Member

Noted. To be frank, I do not really care which faction he or she belongs to (if any), so long as the case presented makes sense; in this particular case, it doesn't. This naturally applies to everyone; to those who aligns themselves with any of the local political parties and to those who do not.
Click on his user name. Click other threads started by this user. This IB has a habit of picking out WP only articles and using / twisting them to attack WP. Whether or not the argument makes any sense doesnt matters, as he only needs to make cents from them. Some of his inferences are so incredible it is like sending a man to the moon strapped on a chair with fireworks. Flaming him straight away is much better than killing brain cells trying to figure out his logic............
Old 21-02-2012, 07:41 AM   #21
Arch-Supremacy Member

"Mentoring is a brain to pick, an ear to listen, and a push in the right direction", John C Crosby

"No such thing bad student. Only bad teacher", Mr. Miyagi, The Karate Kid.
As much as I enjoyed Mr Miyagi, I personally believe the above is half the picture.

A bad student can be created by a bad teacher.
A bad student can be regardless of a good teacher.

Thus far, I have not heard of any rumors of in-the-sack regarding LTK, nor any indication at the moment that he was aware of Yaw's propensity for Lewinskygate back when he picked Yaw for fast-track. Therefore I reckon it is the latter with Yaw.
Old 21-02-2012, 08:32 AM   #22

As much as I enjoyed Mr Miyagi, I personally believe the above is half the picture.

A bad student can be created by a bad teacher.
A bad student can be regardless of a good teacher.

Thus far, I have not heard of any rumors of in-the-sack regarding LTK, nor any indication at the moment that he was aware of Yaw's propensity for Lewinskygate back when he picked Yaw for fast-track. Therefore I reckon it is the latter with Yaw.
According to Yaw's ex-employer, it seems like it was more than that alleged propensity.

From my first post, YSL's ex-boss said:

Mr Yaw had a strange temperament and was hard to get along.

“Yaw Shin Leong has a lousy attitude. Whenever problems arose, he would ask his colleagues to help him settle such as taking over his lesson slots. If they are Teochews, he would say ‘we are teochew ran, ka ki ran lah’ or if they are Christians, ‘we are all brothers who should help one another,” he said.

He also revealed that Mr Yaw would surf the internet on his personal laptop during working hours and would shut it immediately when somebody walked past him.

Ok so WP can disclaim knowledge of YSL's private life. See today ST: WP 'had absolutely no idea of Yaw Shin Leong's alleged affairshttp://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_768926.html
But did not LTK checked on YSL's background, the basic check of which was his working attitude. And indeed, like the ex-boss said regarding when problems arose, YSL fled the country when the rumours got out of hand, leaving WP to deal with the aftermath Perhaps, LTK did not check with YSL's employer, we do not know. If you disagree with Mr Miyagi, what about John C Crosby who said "mentoring is a brain to pick"?
emilyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2012, 09:25 AM   #23
Supremacy Member

Wonder if TS has ever heard of the Chinese proverb 知人知面不知心..
NTB2DO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2012, 09:38 AM   #24

LTK mentored him to be a good politician in the WP mold.

LTK did not mentor him to an adulterer, assuming the rumors are true.

Therefore if your question is 'who mentor YSL in his flaws?', then only he knows. But it is highly unlikely to be LTK. Besides this also begs the question if flaws need to be mentored, or encouraged or if it is inborn. Again, LTK is unlikely to be involved in these arguments.
My Little Diary 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2012, 10:00 AM   #25
Master Member

LTK mentored him to be a good politician in the WP mold.

LTK did not mentor him to an adulterer, assuming the rumors are true.

Therefore if your question is 'who mentor YSL in his flaws?', then only he knows. But it is highly unlikely to be LTK. Besides this also begs the question if flaws need to be mentored, or encouraged or if it is inborn. Again, LTK is unlikely to be involved in these arguments.
i agreed to that.
mentoring someone to be a good politician....who knows that he could be an adulterer(rumors not confirmed) ....that's his personal life...
at least LTK had the guts to axe him having mentoring him to where he was now - an MP for hougang....you think it's that easy?
unlike someone else up there....doing a crappy job....promise one thing and yet doing a u-turn...and when things get tough....say "sorry"....but still there wor...and defending his ministers when they make costly mistakes....who is the bad mentor here??
monk.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2012, 10:03 AM   #26

However what you can argue is that as mentor, LTK is prepared to overlook YSL's fault if it had not been escalated to national level.

For that argument to be valid, you must first show that there is beyond a reasonable doubt that LTK knows about the situation beforehand and has not resolved it all these while. Whether LTK knew beforehand, had been argued in other threads and it had degenerated into personalities.

Some say that these attacks and defense are part of the run-up to the by-election. Thus these are not really arguments but political positioning for the voters' minds.
My Little Diary 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2012, 11:25 AM   #27

YSL is now highly exposed.
You mean highly sexposed!

Anyway, now that WP already fired their errornous minister, when is the PAP turn to do the same for all their half-past 6 ministers ???

Walk the talk will you PAPpy?
Old 21-02-2012, 11:30 AM   #28
Arch-Supremacy Member

Next topic will be who gave birth to this world?

Stay Tuned.

LOL.
goenitz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2012, 12:05 PM   #29
Master Member

This IB has a habit of picking out WP only articles and using / twisting them to attack WP.
No more than the ones who seemingly align themselves with other political parties.

Flaming him straight away is much better than killing brain cells trying to figure out his logic.
Flaming is against the local forum rules, and I would advise that you and others refrain from doing so. I will not hesitate to report anyone who does it.
Old 21-02-2012, 02:46 PM   #30
Supremacy Member

No more than the ones who seemingly align themselves with other political parties.
Alignment is one thing. But to keep demonstrating a lack of comprehension skill when it comes to usage of source material and keep thinking one has a argument when it is nothing more than cow manure and wishful thinking? The threads it starts kinda reflects that. The religious version is currently ban on sight.......

Flaming is against the local forum rules, and I would advise that you and others refrain from doing so. I will not hesitate to report anyone who does it.
Vulgarities no. But dun devote paras to refute him. The other thread he started kinda shows his depth. Pple who actually took the time to explain to was asked to prove themselves, when he was the one making allegations based on his assumptions. When he really cannot answer, refers the person to go see LHL / LKY like they work for him. Whatever arguments that works for MIW cannot be applied to opposition. WP has to be placed under a microscope where MIW is by default doing the right thing and any detractor has to go find out why. In EDMW terms, NPGT. He has a agenda and he is not really very good at hiding it.......

Edit: his/she/its style of response is very she-who-cannot-be-nameish. Based on past experience on being naive enough to engage he/she/it, its a lesser evil here to assume that he/she/it will not *EVER* admit /his/her/its arguments as being unsound..........

Last edited by xdivider; 21-02-2012 at 02:56 PM..
xdivider is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.