ACCA Students.

bobdogbluess

Reaction score
Thanks guys for your reply :) so most of you guys are encouraging mi to go for a diploma first , but i have a query in mind , if u are in my shoes , would u consider go through the ACCA 3 yr route or the poly then uni / poly then ACCA route which is 5-6 yrs? because wat i know for accounting line is that both ACCA and UnI qualifies for CPA singapore and working longer in the line also will give u a higher rank and pay already. So which route would u guys choose??

I am just asking for yr point of opinion :) no offence yeah :)

Hi, for both suggestions above from JC/Poly to NTU accountancy routes would be good, but you need to achieve good results/GPA(for poly>top 5% of the cohort if i'm not wrong) respectively in order to be accepted by NTU.

Personally, I took the poly route and further my studies in ACCA which till now I'm quite satisfied and have no regrets. To add on previous posts, there is internship during the 3yrs of poly which I find it a fulfilling experience. There are many cases I heard which they study ACCA and work concurrently at their internship firms(i.e. big4) after graduation. Though it is very demanding, you will have a better experience in doing both tasks tgt if you can juggle them. Hope it helps=)

ivertan00

Reaction score
Hi, for both suggestions above from JC/Poly to NTU accountancy routes would be good, but you need to achieve good results/GPA(for poly>top 5% of the cohort if i'm not wrong) respectively in order to be accepted by NTU.

Personally, I took the poly route and further my studies in ACCA which till now I'm quite satisfied and have no regrets. To add on previous posts, there is internship during the 3yrs of poly which I find it a fulfilling experience. There are many cases I heard which they study ACCA and work concurrently at their internship firms(i.e. big4) after graduation. Though it is very demanding, you will have a better experience in doing both tasks tgt if you can juggle them. Hope it helps=)

ACCA examination is not easy.:look:

route----jc-------ntu accountancy.

IMO, best would be JC > NTU Accountancy
or Poly > NTU Accountancy

If you have made up ur mind to stick in the accounting line, take ACCA straight, dont waste ur time.

Thank you guys :) but i am veri encouraged by wat IDeveil said, so i guess i willl go for ACCA yeah :) Thanks alot for yr precious comment!

bluebluemorita

Reaction score
hi .. new to tis forum and currently taking f789 and hoping to finish course by nx year.

i was wondering if theres any other post-acca course tt is relevant to working in audit firms that could be recommanded to take?
dun wanna start working so early...:look:

hongge

Reaction score
hi .. new to tis forum and currently taking f789 and hoping to finish course by nx year.

i was wondering if theres any other post-acca course tt is relevant to working in audit firms that could be recommanded to take?

u dun wan to start work den wan to do wat?? after acca, u will be keep updated with acca and icpas workshops organised by professional speakers. u can attend these to keep urself updated with latest accounting developments and u can earn CPD points for CPA in future. but all these workshops are very exp and normally sponsored by employer if it is relevant to ur work

Biogentic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

study so much also no use if you got no real work experience. some post acca course worth looking towards to after you accumulate enough experience are Master in applied finance from adelaide uni or SMU... MBA from birmingham, smu, manchester, nottingham, etc.. these courses are enough to keep you occupy throughout your early thirties.

digtal_force

Reaction score
Hi guys, i will be taking F6 taxation paper in the coming dec 2009. Currently holding on the Kaplan Yvonne Goh june 2009 lecture notes. Can I know anyone is taking her class currently if so, can you please advise me on any updates pertaining to the coming dec 2009 paper. Am afraid to study on the outdated tax guide. Thanks.

weiwen2000

Reaction score
The revision course is out in both school. If u attend lectures, do u think that revision course is useful? and if it is useful, which school is better? Kaplan or SAA? What is the style of the revision? Doing exam qn or just go thru the concept

hongge

Reaction score
The revision course is out in both school. If u attend lectures, do u think that revision course is useful? and if it is useful, which school is better? Kaplan or SAA? What is the style of the revision? Doing exam qn or just go thru the concept

revision classes are useful if u

1. lack of discipline to self-study
2. too bz with work, lack of time to study
2. do not fully understand a concept or wish to reinforce ur knowledge

revision class style at kaplan

1. lecturer go thru briefly the concept for the topic
2. go straight into revision qs, went thru at least 30-60 qs (for 6sessions) which he feels are important and most likely to come out
3. go through with you examiner's past reports and mistakes to avoid
4. teach u exam smart techniques and time-saving workings and how to maximum marks to earn
5. lastly give u tips~ (but nv rely on these tips only cos they are not certainly to come out)

if you ask me the benefits? i think it helped me in understanding concepts alot faster. concept which requires me to take 1hr to understand by self-studying can easily be achieved under the guidance of a gd lecturer in 5mins. mistakes which you dont understand that you've made has been highlighted from lecturer that its a common trap students fall into.

Last edited:

Konnichiwa

Banned
Reaction score

Some of my contribution, my point of view:
As what my lecturer told us, if you spent another $$$ for revision course so that you can pass the exam. It is worthwhile than to fail and go thru the whole course again which waste more time and $$$.

Some of the style I encounter:

SAA
F6 Revision-- Stephen Chew
1. He will set his own question on company tax, individual tax and some misc question. In one big question, you will apply all your knowledge. It is really helpful to attend his tax revision as it give me the confident to combine and apply the knowledge. He will give you the question for next lesson and you go home and try, next week he will go thru the answer. Exam technique he taught is also very useful, for example, 1.5mins for every marks given instead of using 1.8mins. Some tips like do not go and recalculate the total for company tax if you make some adjustment in between as the total you give will most likely be wrong and don't earn marks even if you recalculate. I will give a thumbs up to attend his revision class.

Kaplan
F7 Revision-- Roy Goh
1. Actually for his class, i feel he covers almost exams question and some theories. His revision class are not so necessary if you pay attention and try the questions he show in class. Unless, you need some motivation to kick start your revision. I would say attending his lesson has cover most of things u need for exams.

Subjects did not attend revision: F9 under lee pei yee-> lesson easy to understand and gives me confident to do my own practice (pass in single attempt.)

Hope that helps, anybody can share the revision style for different lecturer for P1-P3?
I am interested to attend James' P2 Revision but I am afraid his consolidation technique is different from Roy's and his monster style of conducting lessons.

sakuragi14

Master Member
Reaction score
Paper Details: P1SGP Prof. Acc.
Result: Fail
Mark: 45
Paper Details: P2SGP Corp. Rep.
Result: Pass
Mark: 53

:(.. failed p1 2 times liao

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.