HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Advice on getting into SIT

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2017, 12:51 PM   #1

Advice on getting into SIT

Hi all,
I want to apply to SIT occupation therapy degree programme in 2018. However my poly result is below 3. I my chances are definitely low but do I stand a chance with my portfolio/voluntary work? I know I was young, dumb and ultimately regret everything that I did in poly. But it's only through all these that I learnt and grow up eh? Also I am considering going back to diploma again and get a nursing dip and do 1 year SIT-OT or just bank loan my way to ovs Uni. I need advice, please!
Medoesss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 05:53 PM   #2

Hi all,
I want to apply to SIT occupation therapy degree programme in 2018. However my poly result is below 3. I my chances are definitely low but do I stand a chance with my portfolio/voluntary work? I know I was young, dumb and ultimately regret everything that I did in poly. But it's only through all these that I learnt and grow up eh? Also I am considering going back to diploma again and get a nursing dip and do 1 year SIT-OT or just bank loan my way to ovs Uni. I need advice, please!
Probably. They consider more than just GPA. Your interview, your application statement, it all counts too. There are guys with 2.x GPA who got in, and people with >3.5 who don't get in. So it's not that clear cut.
leatherdaddy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 10:21 AM   #3
Supremacy Member

1) Apart from OT, what other degree course you are interested?

2) By going back to do another Polytechnic Diploma, you may face problem like no longer have tuition grant that cause you Polytechnic Diploma course fees to be much higher.

3) Nurse & OT are different occupation. You may not like what you are studying & work during Clinical Placement as a Student Nurse.

Hi all,
Old 10-09-2017, 01:28 PM   #4
Master Member

Hi all,
1 year ot only for those doing OT dip at NYP. Even if u get nursing diploma u need to do the 4 year course. Better research on what you want to do, if not apply wrong course u waste ur time again

Sent from somewhere somehow using GAGT
loveaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.