Any one heading to QUT ?

waisiong89

Reaction score
Queries abt QUT

I'm going over to QUT in July for Aerospaces Avoinics. Anyone in that course currently or had applied for that course can give some advices?? I am comparing QUT with the SIM Uni course.

horacio

Reaction score
I'm going over to QUT in July for Aerospaces Avoinics. Anyone in that course currently or had applied for that course can give some advices?? I am comparing QUT with the SIM Uni course.

hi there. i'm gonna be course mate with you. ;) sent u a pm. maybe we can chat more online or smth. :) going over nxt month tho.

joe_08

Reaction score
hi just wondering do you guys register for units and classes before going over? gonna start my first year over qut though. so not so sure about unit enrolling and class enrollment. only enroll in units that you are gonna take for the sem right?

warhunter

Reaction score
Was a QUT student. Now working in brisbane

Those in Aus now can help bo?
I grad from Singapore Polytechnic with Dip. Optometry (merit) last year (2010), GPA 3.721. Applied NUS med to try. Didn't want to try other courses. My first choice is to do medicine but overseas is impossible because of the cost.

My next option was to do my B. Optometry (5 years) in UniMelb. With advance standing should be 2.5 years. Because of NS, I couldn't apply. Last batches for advance standing students was in 2010 and 2011. UniMelb scrapped the B. Optometry and replaced with a graduate course; Doctor of Optometry O.D (4 years). I'm Fked because of NS and I do not have a basic degree to qualify for O.D. I'm ORD-ing only in September 2012.

Then again, I got 2 other offers. Offer from UNSW is a (5-1) year double degree programme. B.OptometryB.Science. Other offer from QUT is a (5-2) year dual degree programme. B. Visual Science/M. Optometry.

Since QUT's offer is a M. Optometry, it seems like a very good offer. However, I heard many comments about uni ranking and people commenting about my choice. Thus, I'm confused over which offer to accept.

In my heart, I really want to become a doctor but then again optometry is now my best bet. Now that my 2nd choice UniMelb scrapped their B. Optom course, I'm at a loss.
Should I do optometry at UNSW or QUT or should I accept QUT's offer and do their B. Visual Science (1 year) and try for DUKE-NUS graduate medicine M.D course?me.

Last edited:

weeling93

Reaction score
Hi, I will be going to QUT in July and I am wondering how do you guys find a cheap accommodation around Gardens Point?

han.allanchan

Reaction score
advice needed!!!

i just wanna know are universities in Australia provide financial aids for international student like in singapore ? If i dun get into local unis i should consider study in Australia or States.

SGMale

Banned
Reaction score
Hi All Seniors,

Good day.

Understand that this is a very old thread. I have read thru the whole thread and it seems that most of the Seniors here took the IT courses with QUT.

Recently, I came across this Singapore Agent, TheRightU. Upon having a chat with the consultant, they recommended me to consider taking up Bachelor of Business (Accountancy) with QUT.

Some frequently asked questions for a first-timers, hope you don't mind :
1) How is the studying life in Brisbane as compared to Singapore?
2) Are the lessons more like tutorial or lecture style?
3) Will there be project works/assignments/presentations?
4) Any thing that I should really take into consideration before deciding to study in QUT or not?

Also, I understand that most of the seniors come from Local Polytechnics (Please correct me if I am wrong). Any seniors here is from PEIs such as PSB Academy, Kaplan, MDIS? I graduated from PSB Academy with Diploma in Business Administration (Accounting and Finance) last year and I hope to pursue my degree in Accountancy area as well.

From the Agent, I was told that I might get 1 to 1.5 years off exemption (a 3-years degree) based on my grades. I would like to ask how high are my chances of getting a 2-years off exemption with me just holding a private Diploma? (I believe Local Diploma holders stands better offers.)

Anyone from any Private Education Institutions and pursued your degree with QUT? Or happened to take Bachelor of Business (Accountancy) with QUT? Could you please share your experiences with me? I am very keen but I have zero knowledge about it.

In addition, is QUT more well-known/strong in Accountancy area as compared to other Universities in Australia?

I am in a dilemma whether to go for QUT - Bachelor of Business (Accountancy) / Other Overseas Universities or just pursue my degree in Singapore with Coventry University - Bachelor of Arts with Honours in Accounting and Finance that PSB Academy offers (I am being offered a year exemption therefore I will proceed to year 2 and 3).

Thank you very much and I look forward for your kind advices and replies! :)

Got another UQ thread. I graduated from QUT in year 2011. I suggest you to change course to bachelor of Accounting for a chance to migrate. Business has no chance at all, 0.0000% chance of migration.

Brisbane city is considered the most livable city locally. It's a consensus among Aussies. We have beaches, good weather, great lifestyle, similar pay to other cities and cheaper economy. Houses here are half priced of bigger Sydney and Melbourne.

royalguy109

Reaction score
Hey! sorry to disturb you. I am new in this forum so do direct me to to right place to post my question:D I applied to QUT and RMIT for bachelors in Landscape and Architecture and i requested for credit transfer too as i studies the same course back in NAFA ( diploma in Design Landscape and Architecture) I graduated with a GPA of 3.54.

I do not know if i can get in either of the schools with credit transfer as i am a N level student and studied at ITE Space design Architecture and lets say i got into both schools, so whihc one i should choose. They should be getting back to me soon as i applied last month. If anyone has thoughts on what i posted please do give me a helping hand on this! thank you in advanced guys!!

DollyAiko

Reaction score
Hey! sorry to disturb you. I am new in this forum so do direct me to to right place to post my question:D I applied to QUT and RMIT for bachelors in Landscape and Architecture and i requested for credit transfer too as i studies the same course back in NAFA ( diploma in Design Landscape and Architecture) I graduated with a GPA of 3.54.

I do not know if i can get in either of the schools with credit transfer as i am a N level student and studied at ITE Space design Architecture and lets say i got into both schools, so whihc one i should choose. They should be getting back to me soon as i applied last month. If anyone has thoughts on what i posted please do give me a helping hand on this! thank you in advanced guys!!

Did u managed to get in eventually?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.