Any views on the The National University of Ireland, Dublin degree course offered at kaplan?

blanko_87

Reaction score
Lol... U go imagine im a gal lo... Confirm u will vomit... Kitboi wanna meet up??? Lol... I might be goin...

blanko_87

Reaction score
I need guidance from those who is studying tis course currently... 1 module has onli 20hours of seminars and workshop enough fpr u guys??? And i found out that these seminars and workshops are conducted all in a week... Like 4 straight days to clear 20hrs... After tat is assignment den exam... Enough time to study all??? I m still wondering... Hope that somebody could clear my doubts... Thanks alot!!!

Laguna123

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I need guidance from those who is studying tis course currently... 1 module has onli 20hours of seminars and workshop enough fpr u guys??? And i found out that these seminars and workshops are conducted all in a week... Like 4 straight days to clear 20hrs... After tat is assignment den exam... Enough time to study all??? I m still wondering... Hope that somebody could clear my doubts... Thanks alot!!!

There is a 10% pre seminar assignment.
Then 40% on post seminar assignment.
This course u need to do alot of self study n discipline.
must go for the full seminar if possible.
Alot of ppl have done that so can u.:o

blanko_87

Reaction score
Thanks for ur guidance laguna123... Cos i hav no background in business at all scared cant coped with it... I m engineering student... Haha...

Laguna123

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for ur guidance laguna123... Cos i hav no background in business at all scared cant coped with it... I m engineering student... Haha...

dun worry i am also engineering student, just put in more effort score well for your project sure get the degree .

blanko_87

Reaction score
Thanks man... Last qn... I check e previous posts in tis thread and u said tat some gov bodies do olso recognised tis degree... Izzit they already hav been working in there or they use tis cert to find for their gov job using tis degree and getting degree pay??

Laguna123

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks man... Last qn... I check e previous posts in tis thread and u said tat some gov bodies do olso recognised tis degree... Izzit they already hav been working in there or they use tis cert to find for their gov job using tis degree and getting degree pay??

some have been interviewed by the civil sector.
some already inside the ministry with the degree getting degree pay.
some become marketeer with private company after marketing pathway getting degree payscale.
ofcos if there is a local degree fighting for a position with u on civil sector u will lose out.

sacredsoul

Banned
Reaction score
Signed up for Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Finance from UCD, Full Time. Couse starts in April. Heard good things about UCD so far. Anyway, I heard some schools, you have the option to do the final sem in the uni itself. Is it possible for this course too?

TonyStarch

Reaction score
graduate few years back.

the programme have a very interesting coursework and specialized scope.
Pathway major i feel was too short thou.
Nevertheless, the money was well spent.
Gained many valuable insight and knowledge that are applicable and add values to my work and thoughts.

I was from engineering previously, transited into marcom field.
The course requires lotsa disipline. Many research and self study are to be done (even before the actual contact hours start).
Not quite recommended for fresh poly or JC grad.
One or two years of working experience will be ideal before you jump into the course.

There are definetly people dropping out of the course every trimester. Coursework are quite demanding for a full time working adult, but the knowledge and experience gained is fullfilling.
Definetly not a easy course to score, but not an exactly tough course since it's not 100% exam based.

In terms of recognition, I'm quite neutral.

The recognition of 'hons' is quite subjective from the public sector.
Never tried applying jobs from private sectors but I think their HR favor only degrees reading NTU, NUS or SMU.

Private sector wise: Not many heard of UCD, but it's definitely not a cheesy DL course.
Branding wise, perhaps not as common as UOL but it's still recognise by most employers provided you have relevant job experience.

I have no doubt of the coursework and teaching quality since I've already been through it myself.
Efficient and hasslefree admin from Kaplan as well.
Payscale wise, I've no idea how to gauge as it differs from sectors, individuals and perhaps luck.

Few years back,

I graduated at 25 years old with a starting pay of $2700.
Doing marcom.
Had some working experience but all are non-relevant.

It's not a high salary but I guess it's decent enough.
Based on the calculation of pay difference before I got my degree, the ROI will be approx 2.5 - 3 years. (not including interest & inflation factors.)

Hope these info are helpful.

Last edited:

liangteh

Reaction score
graduate few years back.

Gained many valuable insight and knowledge that are applicable and add values to my work and thoughts.

The course requires lotsa disipline. Many research and self study are to be done (even before the actual contact hours start).
One or two years of working experience will be ideal before you jump into the course.

There are definetly people dropping out of the course every trimester. Coursework are quite demanding for a full time working adult, but the knowledge and experience gained is fullfilling.
Definetly not a easy course to score, but not an exactly tough course since it's not 100% exam based.

Never tried applying jobs from private sectors but I think their HR favor only degrees reading NTU, NUS or SMU.

Private sector wise: Not many heard of UCD, but it's definitely not a cheesy DL course.
Branding wise, perhaps not as common as UOL but it's still recognise by most employers provided you have relevant job experience.

I have no doubt of the coursework and teaching quality since I've already been through it myself.
Payscale wise, I've no idea how to gauge as it differs from sectors, individuals and perhaps luck.

Few years back,

Doing marcom.

Based on the calculation of pay difference before I got my degree, the ROI will be approx 2.5 - 3 years. (not including interest & inflation factors.)

what course you took?

Laguna123

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Signed up for Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Finance from UCD, Full Time. Couse starts in April. Heard good things about UCD so far. Anyway, I heard some schools, you have the option to do the final sem in the uni itself. Is it possible for this course too?

from what i know FT have more international student, PT have more local.

Laguna123

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
graduate few years back.

Few years back,

Doing marcom.

Thanks for ur valuable input.
May i know ur knowledge and experience gained is mostly from self-study(from text-bk?) or issit from the lecturers ?

TonyStarch

Reaction score
Thanks for ur valuable input.
May i know ur knowledge and experience gained is mostly from self-study(from text-bk?) or issit from the lecturers ?

Anybody can do self study and mug on the notes.

It's the interaction experience that counts.

Lecturer selection wise, it's a good mixture of local and foreign lecturers. (~30%/70%)
Good cross cultural experience, at least for me.

Last but not least, course mates from diverse professional background make the greatest difference.
I guess it's pretty much different from FT tertiary education where the 'experience' are purely academia.

>90% of my classmates clocked at least few years working experience before they decided to further their studies.

Case study discussion and group work can be more interesting as we all share different approaches based on different profession perspective. Lots of debates, sharing... good opportunity to network around too.

The pace of the programme is fast, without any scheduled breaks. Many group work which will burn off most of your weekend. (That's on top of your personal study time).

One man's meat is another man's poison.
Just sharing this based on my personal experience.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.