Anyone heading to La Trobe from PSB?

anon0000

Reaction score
currently studying in PSB, i dun think any of my friends are willing to transfer over to the home campus in Australia..cost is a big factor, and transferring to the home campus would mean that you may lose whatever credit exemptions that you may have in PSB...

Sylvianaz

Reaction score
currently studying in PSB, i dun think any of my friends are willing to transfer over to the home campus in Australia..cost is a big factor, and transferring to the home campus would mean that you may lose whatever credit exemptions that you may have in PSB...

Oh I see. Yeah cost is a factor but i realised the modules are mostly different between here and there. So would rather do it there with the original program if possible. And no it's not the case for credit exemptions. They are very accommodating and help prepare a study plan customised for us. But then again depends on your diploma. Mines still in processing. Did you join this sept?

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ITE Certificates like Nitec & Higher Nitec is recognized as an academic qualification. Private Diploma is not recognized as an academic qualification by public/government sector.

From academic point of view, most universities (from Australia) give more exemption to ITE Certificate like Higher Nitec compare to Private Diploma. Some don't even recognized Private Diploma for exemption or even entry to their degree courses.

The reason why most university like La Trobe give exemption is because of partnership (benefits) with PEIs like PSB. So whatever credit exemptions you get in PSB, on-campus will honor it too.

anon0000

Reaction score
Oh I see. Yeah cost is a factor but i realised the modules are mostly different between here and there. So would rather do it there with the original program if possible. And no it's not the case for credit exemptions. They are very accommodating and help prepare a study plan customised for us. But then again depends on your diploma. Mines still in processing. Did you join this sept?

nope I join in during Sep last year, going to finish the programme next year..Do you have any exemptions? I can gave u tips here and there regarding ur modules in private, though I am taking the pharm sci route..

Sylvianaz

Reaction score
nope I join in during Sep last year, going to finish the programme next year..Do you have any exemptions? I can gave u tips here and there regarding ur modules in private, though I am taking the pharm sci route..

Nope. No exemptions, I'm from JC so yeah. Oh I'm in Biomed. I'm from the march batch! I suppose we shared some classes haha. Sure I'll be sure to ask:) Thanks!

Sylvianaz

Reaction score
UPDATE: Melbourne no longer offers Biomedical science. They revamped it to Biomedicine with very minimal credit transfer. Bendigo still runs the old Biomed programme but not for long. However, PSB still offering the freshies the old programme weird...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.