HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone heading to UNSW?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2017, 05:34 PM   #31

Hm can't quite remember but I think I applied first week of July and my interview was like on the 14th or something via phone, then my offer came end August! I'm sure you're not too late at all because the guy told me I was really early lol. Also if you applied for Kensos they're not callinfnfor interviews till September!
Oh really? Thanks so much for the info!! Haha September.. that's like now... I hope I don't fall too far behind the list as I've heard staying on campus is a really hot choice and there are many applicants fingers crossed 🤞
Silvermoonzxc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 06:51 PM   #32

I applied for kensos as I have a friend staying there now
oh! what course are you from?
cherryblossoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 07:07 PM   #33

I applied for kensos as I have a friend staying there now
I applied for kensos and New college but I think New is my first choice because kensos are really party-heavy kind and that's not really what I like haha
scarletfeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 07:08 PM   #34

Oh really? Thanks so much for the info!! Haha September.. that's like now... I hope I don't fall too far behind the list as I've heard staying on campus is a really hot choice and there are many applicants fingers crossed 🤞
Yup! They should've said when they're calling for interviews in the email they sent you upon receiving your application, somewhere at the bottom. And ya I've heard the competition is really intense
Old 07-09-2017, 10:56 PM   #35

oh! what course are you from?
Medicine! Yourself?
Old 07-09-2017, 10:57 PM   #36

Yup! They should've said when they're calling for interviews in the email they sent you upon receiving your application, somewhere at the bottom. And ya I've heard the competition is really intense
Ya they said the deans will begin calling in early sep but it's on a rolling call basis so I guess it depends where you are on the list? Then again my friend applied in dec and got a place in kensos as well, so I guess it's all kinda luck haha... so I guess I should be expecting some sort of reply in 2-4weeks time?

Last edited by Silvermoonzxc; 07-09-2017 at 11:01 PM..
Old 08-09-2017, 12:16 AM   #37

Medicine! Yourself?
naise. electrical engineering. will only be there for 2years only
Old 08-09-2017, 01:41 PM   #38

Ya they said the deans will begin calling in early sep but it's on a rolling call basis so I guess it depends where you are on the list? Then again my friend applied in dec and got a place in kensos as well, so I guess it's all kinda luck haha... so I guess I should be expecting some sort of reply in 2-4weeks time?
Ya aussies aren't the most... um... hardworking/prompt people but I guess! Also damn it I nearly accepted my place in medicine but I ended up choosing psych instead lmao we could've been course mates!
Old 08-09-2017, 04:35 PM   #39

naise. electrical engineering. will only be there for 2years only
Wah so good 👍👍👍👍 I'll be there for so long... def gonna miss the food and home :-( oh btw have you applied for accommodation/ decided where you wanna apply to?

Last edited by Silvermoonzxc; 08-09-2017 at 04:40 PM..
Old 08-09-2017, 04:38 PM   #40

Ya aussies aren't the most... um... hardworking/prompt people but I guess! Also damn it I nearly accepted my place in medicine but I ended up choosing psych instead lmao we could've been course mates!
HAHAHA the laid back life haha or mAybe we too kan Chiong! aw Man!! But psych is really cool too, I studied it as my humanities subject during high school and i really enjoyed it!! Haha but we still can be school mates/ friends
Old 08-09-2017, 05:18 PM   #41

Wah so good 👍👍👍👍 I'll be there for so long... def gonna miss the food and home :-( oh btw have you applied for accommodation/ decided where you wanna apply to?
yup decided for university terraces.
because of the unlimited bandwidth... im a very heavy data user myself, pah games, movies, drama, anime, youtube etcetc. And also the rental contract is 52 weeks long. start from jan to jan. Just nice as i would be doing my 2month intern during the summer break and won't be coming back to sg. biggest downside is gotta cook ownself lo. gotta improve and learn some cooking skills liao

u guys know 2019 UNSW academic calender will change to trimester?? omg im not looking forward to it. so pack and holidays only 3weeks long each trimester. but i think also got good side, finish the deg earlier.

Last edited by cherryblossoms; 08-09-2017 at 05:22 PM..
Old 08-09-2017, 06:23 PM   #42

yup decided for university terraces.
because of the unlimited bandwidth... im a very heavy data user myself, pah games, movies, drama, anime, youtube etcetc. And also the rental contract is 52 weeks long. start from jan to jan. Just nice as i would be doing my 2month intern during the summer break and won't be coming back to sg. biggest downside is gotta cook ownself lo. gotta improve and learn some cooking skills liao

u guys know 2019 UNSW academic calender will change to trimester?? omg im not looking forward to it. so pack and holidays only 3weeks long each trimester. but i think also got good side, finish the deg earlier.

Yup I know! Sucks that the breaks are really short and like then it becomes less worth it to fly back to SG but oh well
Old 08-09-2017, 06:24 PM   #43

HAHAHA the laid back life haha or mAybe we too kan Chiong! aw Man!! But psych is really cool too, I studied it as my humanities subject during high school and i really enjoyed it!! Haha but we still can be school mates/ friends
Yes definitely! Any idea what electives and such you want to take? Which school were you from?
Old 09-09-2017, 03:56 AM   #44
Arch-Supremacy Member

really, in the past a full time students needs to take 24 OCU per semester, each class is like 6 credits. 8 courses a yr, 4 each term
https://student.unsw.edu.au/uoc

now with Trimester there is no change in load. still need a min of 8 courses to be a full time student. now they suggesting 3,3,2. or you planning to do 4,4,4?
https://student.unsw.edu.au/new-calendar-flexibility
patryn33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 12:25 PM   #45

really, in the past a full time students needs to take 24 OCU per semester, each class is like 6 credits. 8 courses a yr, 4 each term
https://student.unsw.edu.au/uoc

now with Trimester there is no change in load. still need a min of 8 courses to be a full time student. now they suggesting 3,3,2. or you planning to do 4,4,4?
https://student.unsw.edu.au/new-calendar-flexibility
tried trimester term for uni before and its more "rush". the pace definitely will be faster to complete the whole subj as teaching period is lessen by 1month.
tho is 1 mod lesser, but generally i still prefer the sem way la.

and also the FYP/Thesis, takes 2sem to complete but in trisem, might be 2 trisem lo

atleast thats how it is for my course pathway in uon.
not sure about unsw.

Last edited by cherryblossoms; 09-09-2017 at 12:27 PM..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.