Anyone heading to UQ?

seianko

Suspended
Reaction score
Wah revealing dark secret here. In exchange of what?
nth at all....I told him i pay in cash same day every month. he just give me his hand and i shake it. he smile and make me kopi gao :crazy:

later i hear my rental is the cheapest amongst the units he own in that building. my unit quite big

i have to say what i did was very risky .. .. .. no paper work or anything :s13:

Last edited:

seianko

Suspended
Reaction score
A little more on the sinkie lady, she rented a new apartment on a 12 month lease, stayed there only for 2 months and decided to break bond. So we helped her found a pair of tenants and she had to give up her sofa, 2 beds, posh lcd tv and home theatre system all in all worth 6k to the new tenants so they would pick up her lease. It’s not so easy to break lease here, once you sign a lease, they expect you to pay fully even if you want to leave early. Unless you could find someone to pick up your lease.
huai i dun have such ho liao :( like u do. i need a new sofa very badly, and no money buy TV :(

SGMale

Banned
Reaction score
huai i dun have such ho liao :( like u do. i need a new sofa very badly, and no money buy TV :(

Her rental was $460/wk for 2br apartment. The rooms were small, 3x3. I shared with a malayu friend $230/wk. Stayed there for 2 weeks and moved out to kangaroo point. If she didn't leave the place, she would be paying $1,840 per month. So we convinced her to leave her big unmovable items with the new tenants who will also take over the lease.

seianko

Suspended
Reaction score
Her rental was $460/wk for 2br apartment. The rooms were small, 3x3. I shared with a malayu friend $230/wk. Stayed there for 2 weeks and moved out to kangaroo point. If she didn't leave the place, she would be paying $1,840 per month. So we convinced her to leave her big unmovable items with the new tenants who will also take over the lease.
if have difficulty get housemate to share exp apt, then that person is cannot do biz :s13:

That was 5 years ago hor? 460 2br assuming not 2 toilet 2 balcony, not in cbd, it is v ex rental

SGMale

Banned
Reaction score
if have difficulty get housemate to share exp apt, then that person is cannot do biz :s13:

That was 5 years ago hor? 460 2br assuming not 2 toilet 2 balcony, not in cbd, it is v ex rental

That was 12 years ago. $460 2br 2 toilets and 2 balcony right smack in middle of city. This thread died liao, 2 days no reply.

OKCATYEON

Banned
Reaction score
That was 12 years ago. $460 2br 2 toilets and 2 balcony right smack in middle of city. This thread died liao, 2 days no reply.

My house is 370/wk 1 bed 1 bath 1 laundry 1 balcony unfurnished. But it's in a townhouse style condo about 15mins from cbd.

SGMale

Banned
Reaction score
My house is 370/wk 1 bed 1 bath 1 laundry 1 balcony unfurnished. But it's in a townhouse style condo about 15mins from cbd.

This one is studio bah. The townhouse got facilities like swimming pool, bbq and gym? The apartment had nothing, only 1 carpark. Your landlord had to pass the cost to you. Say $2000 per quarter already $150 per week just on body corporate. The water bill another $50 per week. You are paying $170 for the house, 1br studio is more expensive because of the exclusiveness and privacy you get. A normal studio in the suburb can go for $200-250 per week without facility.

OKCATYEON

Banned
Reaction score
This one is studio bah. The townhouse got facilities like swimming pool, bbq and gym? The apartment had nothing, only 1 carpark. Your landlord had to pass the cost to you. Say $2000 per quarter already $150 per week just on body corporate. The water bill another $50 per week. You are paying $170 for the house, 1br studio is more expensive because of the exclusiveness and privacy you get. A normal studio in the suburb can go for $200-250 per week without facility.

No, it's a one bedroom apartment with separate living room. Utilities not included.

Have tandem carpark lot.

Facilities got bbq, pool, gym, entertainment area.

a1mbpM5.jpg

ZsPYLIG.jpg

kpaAwP9.jpg

0CpdJex.jpg

Last edited:

SGMale

Banned
Reaction score
No, it's a one bedroom apartment with separate living room. Utilities not included.

Have tandem carpark lot.

Facilities got bbq, pool, gym, entertainment area.

a1mbpM5.jpg

ZsPYLIG.jpg

kpaAwP9.jpg

0CpdJex.jpg

I seen them advertising before. Selling at 400k new 1br apartment near cbd. I almost convinced my sister to buy one. The BC is very expensive then they guarantee 5% return for first year. 400k can also buy 3br townhouse in suburb 20km away with same facilities also renting at $350-400/wk.

OKCATYEON

Banned
Reaction score
I seen them advertising before. Selling at 400k new 1br apartment near cbd. I almost convinced my sister to buy one. The BC is very expensive then they guarantee 5% return for first year. 400k can also buy 3br townhouse in suburb 20km away with same facilities also renting at $350-400/wk.

I really like the environment. Very peaceful and quiet.

crustaceans

Reaction score
Hi! Does anyone have any recommendations of reliable shipping companies? Need to ship a pack of cosmetics (which I can't get here in Brisbane) from SG. Thanks in advance

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi! Does anyone have any recommendations of reliable shipping companies? Need to ship a pack of cosmetics (which I can't get here in Brisbane) from SG. Thanks in advance
Try Airfrov. Or if you go to Church in Brisbane, there are quite a few people traveling between Sg and Brisbane.

onestep at a time

Reaction score
UQ 2019

Hi there,

I am going to UQ next year and am doing Medicine- 2019. Was just wondering if anyone else is going too? Looking to make some friends:)

Also, as for accommodation I am looking at Scape / Atira's studio rooms at the moment. Does anyone have a preference between the two?

Thank you for your help!!

Ashwiniy

Reaction score
Hi there,

I am going to UQ next year and am doing Medicine- 2019. Was just wondering if anyone else is going too? Looking to make some friends:)

Also, as for accommodation I am looking at Scape / Atira's studio rooms at the moment. Does anyone have a preference between the two?

Thank you for your help!!

Hi there! Im going to UQ in Feb 2019 too! I'll be doing Chem Eng!

onestep at a time

Reaction score
Im thinking of staying in Unilodge for the first sem! Will probably do a flatshare or something in semester 2! :)

tried sending you a private message but apparently i need to have had a post count of 10 to do that :/

Ashwiniy

Reaction score
Im thinking of staying in Unilodge for the first sem! Will probably do a flatshare or something in semester 2! :)

tried sending you a private message but apparently i need to have had a post count of 10 to do that :/

Hey you can email me! ashwiniy08 at gmail dot com

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.