HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone heading to UQ?

Like Tree1977Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-09-2017, 03:42 PM   #2656
Supremacy Member

ITE Certificates like Nitec & Higher Nitec is recognized as an academic qualification. Private Diploma is not recognized as an academic qualification by public/government sector.

From academic point of view, most universities (from Australia) give more exemption to ITE Certificate like Higher Nitec compare to Private Diploma. Some don't even recognized Private Diploma for exemption or even entry to their degree courses.

The reason why most university give exemption to Private Diploma is because of partnership (benefits) with PEIs. So whatever credit exemptions you get in PEIs, on-campus will honor it too. So I will recommend you to chose the universities that have partnership with your PEI where you get your Private Diploma.

Thanks for your quick response.

Actually I am not surprised that I might not get any exemption since I am not under local Diploma.. However, is it really unlikely for me to get any exemptions despite studying in the same field? Btw, the major I am going for is Accountancy.

I just dropped an email to IDP earlier. Kinda depressing to hear from the consultant that it is unlikely for me to get into any of the Go8 due to the private Diploma cert I'm holding..
Old 19-09-2017, 04:16 PM   #2657

ITE Certificates like Nitec & Higher Nitec is recognized as an academic qualification. Private Diploma is not recognized as an academic qualification by public/government sector.

From academic point of view, most universities (from Australia) give more exemption to ITE Certificate like Higher Nitec compare to Private Diploma. Some don't even recognized Private Diploma for exemption or even entry to their degree courses.

The reason why most university give exemption to Private Diploma is because of partnership (benefits) with PEIs. So whatever credit exemptions you get in PEIs, on-campus will honor it too. So I will recommend you to chose the universities that have partnership with your PEI where you get your Private Diploma.
Unfortunately during my ITE days, I did Nitec in Retail which is totally not in the Accountancy discipline. Private diploma is only when I started to be more serious in my studies.. for future career prospect.

My PEI is PSB and are only in partnership with limited Aus and UK Uni such as UOW, UON, La Trobe, etc.. The ones I am looking more towards is other Aus unis instead..

Anyone took private Dip and still managed to get into UQ/QUT or any of the Go8 Unis, as well as gotten exemption, please advise??

Last edited by Claireee; 19-09-2017 at 04:19 PM..
Claireee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2017, 04:47 PM   #2658
Supremacy Member

I feel that you are not working hard enough to get what you want. For example, you can sent an email to the University to ask if they recognized your Nitec (Retail) or PSB Diploma for credit exemptions.

Some University like Monash University (Group of Eight universities) even give you a list for credit exemptions and PSB is one of them.

Source: https://monash.edu/prior-study/

Unfortunately during my ITE days, I did Nitec in Retail which is totally not in the Accountancy discipline. Private diploma is only when I started to be more serious in my studies.. for future career prospect.

My PEI is PSB and are only in partnership with limited Aus and UK Uni such as UOW, UON, La Trobe, etc.. The ones I am looking more towards is other Aus unis instead..

Anyone took private Dip and still managed to get into UQ/QUT or any of the Go8 Unis, as well as gotten exemption, please advise??
Old 20-09-2017, 08:49 AM   #2659
Great Supremacy Member

I dun get it why must go accountancy....

there is very little jobs to go around for degree holders accountant....and the ROI is shet

Kyoji is correct. u r not working hard enough and there are other ways other free institute similar to IDP  and does a much better jpb getting u to where u wanna be at.

Try Monkey King. They are chinese company but they are doing very well. many students manage to get to the uni they want 1 way or another

Accountancy, G08 or not, it don't matter. unless u wanna work in china. if thats the case, LSE is a better choice than G08.

Last edited by seianko; 20-09-2017 at 08:53 AM..
seianko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2017, 03:43 PM   #2660

Thank you both for your kind advice. I did personally check with the Universities and their reply was simply get me to send in my application in order for them to assess. And yes, I did went to find other similar agencies other than IDP and am in the midst of processing my application now.

With regards to why Accountancy. Since I have already taken my very first step into the Accountancy for my Diploma, I am and always keen in this field. For now, I am currently working as a FT in this field but only as an Accounts Admin. Therefore, I am hoping to pursue my Degree first and gradually upgrading myself.
Old 20-09-2017, 03:56 PM   #2661
Great Supremacy Member

u will then realise that it is very easy to find AA job but near impossible for a degree holder job w degree holder pay.

jus sth i notice over the years
Old 20-09-2017, 05:23 PM   #2662
Supremacy Member

Due to inflation of foreign graduates willing to work in Singapore?

u will then realise that it is very easy to find AA job but near impossible for a degree holder job w degree holder pay.

jus sth i notice over the years
Old 21-09-2017, 02:49 AM   #2663
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thank you both for your kind advice. I did personally check with the Universities and their reply was simply get me to send in my application in order for them to assess. And yes, I did went to find other similar agencies other than IDP and am in the midst of processing my application now.

With regards to why Accountancy. Since I have already taken my very first step into the Accountancy for my Diploma, I am and always keen in this field. For now, I am currently working as a FT in this field but only as an Accounts Admin. Therefore, I am hoping to pursue my Degree first and gradually upgrading myself.
isn't application free?
it will be tough seeking exemptions, if they give 9mth dip exemptions, doesn't give much incentive to do a 3yr diploma.

if you are cost sensitive should look into other place. Time sensitive then understand if the system allow to take more subjects or do classes in breaks and be done early. Qns is can you handle the work load. May not upgrade if grades too low
patryn33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2017, 08:31 PM   #2664

isn't application free?
it will be tough seeking exemptions, if they give 9mth dip exemptions, doesn't give much incentive to do a 3yr diploma.

if you are cost sensitive should look into other place. Time sensitive then understand if the system allow to take more subjects or do classes in breaks and be done early. Qns is can you handle the work load. May not upgrade if grades too low
Yep, application is free. UQ's Singapore rep has replied and as expected, no exemption and will need me to undergo 9 months of foundation before I can proceed with their year-1 degree.

Just gotten another conditional offer from Murdoch. 3 years with No exemption.. Moreover it isn't any of the Go8. Guess there is no hope for other Unis.

Last edited by Claireee; 21-09-2017 at 08:34 PM..
Old 21-09-2017, 08:53 PM   #2665
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yep, application is free. UQ's Singapore rep has replied and as expected, no exemption and will need me to undergo 9 months of foundation before I can proceed with their year-1 degree.

Just gotten another conditional offer from Murdoch. 3 years with No exemption.. Moreover it isn't any of the Go8. Guess there is no hope for other Unis.
Go8 is way overrated. Australian universities are overrated too.
dilphinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2017, 09:03 PM   #2666
Arch-Supremacy Member

Other uni? You need to look outside oz
Ie
Study Abroad or SIMGE ?

If u fix on oz then too bad

Last edited by patryn33; 22-09-2017 at 02:35 AM..
patryn33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2017, 12:02 AM   #2667

Hi!! I am going to UQ in feb 2018 I need friends too haha! Which course did you apply for? I'll be in Chemical Engineering year 3 next Feb 2018. Have you settled accommodation? I have no idea where to stay!
im doing occupational therapy! haha not yet, not sure either because oncampus accoms are really expensive
jinjachicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2017, 09:29 AM   #2668
Great Supremacy Member

Due to inflation of foreign graduates willing to work in Singapore?
and decrease for the need of accountant degree holder jobs.
Old 17-10-2017, 09:53 AM   #2669

Hello! Anyone going to UQ in feb 2018? I want to make friends please!
catsandfishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2017, 10:12 PM   #2670

UQ Chem Eng Feb 2018

Hi! Is anyone going to UQ chem eng feb 2018? I've just confirm my placed, direct year 3!
Caramelbananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.