HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Bad A level results..

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2016, 09:28 AM   #31

Pls lah even st aero doesnt recognise their engg cert
I have seen saf sending their officer to sit computer science. Well, if you still insist that sit is not an local uni, then maybe lsl gave wrong info during the national rally, channel news Asia gave the wrong news and even our saf sent their officers to the wrong uni. Hahaha

Last edited by Slowx6; 06-03-2016 at 09:31 AM..
Slowx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 09:38 AM   #32
Master Member

I have seen saf sending their officer to sit computer science. Well, if you still insist that sit is not an local uni, then maybe lsl gave wrong info during the national rally, channel news Asia gave the wrong news and even our saf sent their officers to the wrong uni. Hahaha
I have seen saf send their occifers with poly gpa 1.9 to sim
disavowed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 09:46 AM   #33

I have seen saf send their occifers with poly gpa 1.9 to sim
Ic. Thanks for the info. I'll believe you that sit is a non local u. I think you'll have to write a letter to lsl and inform him that he gave the wrong speech during 2015 national rally. Do email channel news Asia and strait time too. Because they gave the wrong info too. But do remember before you send your email, do check on your grammar and spelling errors. Because the gentlemen that's accessing your email will most likely be a ntu/nus/smu/sutd grads. They won't know what you're typing. Only a sit student like me that's studying in a non local u will understand. Cheers

Last edited by Slowx6; 06-03-2016 at 09:58 AM..
Slowx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 10:31 AM   #34

Hi i need some advice too. Got CCC/B (B for PW, B for GP, A for MT). Do you think I can make it into any business course in local U? or perhaps Economics?
Chance for Business is almost nill. Economics in FASS maybe got chance, i got friend CCC enter FASS (but his portfolio very swee, got leadership ... achievement and alot volunteering) .
YYS1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 04:36 PM   #35

Bad 'A' Level results too. Seriously need help.

Hi, Im new here. I wanted to start a new thread but I cant find the button anywhere..

Anyway, so I wanted to do English or Literature in NUS/NTU, but now it seems impossible because of my grades.

I also thought of ADM in NTU, but I'll have to create a portfolio and idk how to go about it. I'm still ineligible based on the 10th percentile of CCD/C. Discretionary...idk if can or not. My grades are BED/E

Other options are SIM, but then again idek if I can get in SIM because I didn't take A maths for O levels, and I didn't do maths at A levels.

H1 PW B
H1 GP C
H1 Chemistry E
H1 Chinese E
H2 Literature in English B
H2 Economics D
H2 Geography E

BED/E

The main problem I am facing now, is that I do not have A Maths at O levels or Maths at A levels. Am I still eligible for any courses?

Also, I am hearing impaired due to Sudden Sensorineural Hearing Loss in both ears suddenly 5 years ago. I know this is not an excuse for doing so badly, but it really wasn't easy lip-reading my way through lectures/tutorials coz my hearing is damn bad.. Any options out there for people like me?

Thanks.
Coconeedle96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 04:44 PM   #36
Supremacy Member

Hi, Im new here. I wanted to start a new thread but I cant find the button anywhere..

Anyway, so I wanted to do English or Literature in NUS/NTU, but now it seems impossible because of my grades.

I also thought of ADM in NTU, but I'll have to create a portfolio and idk how to go about it. I'm still ineligible based on the 10th percentile of CCD/C. Discretionary...idk if can or not. My grades are BED/E

Other options are SIM, but then again idek if I can get in SIM because I didn't take A maths for O levels, and I didn't do maths at A levels.

H1 PW B
H1 GP C
H1 Chemistry E
H1 Chinese E
H2 Literature in English B
H2 Economics D
H2 Geography E

BED/E

The main problem I am facing now, is that I do not have A Maths at O levels or Maths at A levels. Am I still eligible for any courses?

Also, I am hearing impaired due to Sudden Sensorineural Hearing Loss in both ears suddenly 5 years ago. I know this is not an excuse for doing so badly, but it really wasn't easy lip-reading my way through lectures/tutorials coz my hearing is damn bad.. Any options out there for people like me?

Thanks.
SIM GE or UNI SIM
Magickiller9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 04:54 PM   #37
Master Member

SIM GE or UNI SIM
first of all.. you must pursue what u like and not just apply any course tt take you in.. if not you will suffer in Uni.. but my take is go NUS/NTU if u can as these are the 2 universities ppl always consider when come to employment..
13nc13ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 05:15 PM   #38
Supremacy Member

first of all.. you must pursue what u like and not just apply any course tt take you in.. if not you will suffer in Uni.. but my take is go NUS/NTU if u can as these are the 2 universities ppl always consider when come to employment..
think u tag wrong person
Old 06-03-2016, 05:28 PM   #39
Master Member

think u tag wrong person
lol aiya i adding on to ur post..
13nc13ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 05:41 PM   #40

either retake A level during your NS or go private uni.. BUT never repeat A level and defer NS. Don't waste 1 year!
IAmZTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 06:36 PM   #41

either retake A level during your NS or go private uni.. BUT never repeat A level and defer NS. Don't waste 1 year!
Sigh.. I don't know if I should retake. I alr took 3 years JC. I'm female so no NS. Dk if it's lucky or what, but I'm ageing 😭
Coconeedle96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 07:38 PM   #42
Master Member

Ic. Thanks for the info. I'll believe you that sit is a non local u. I think you'll have to write a letter to lsl and inform him that he gave the wrong speech during 2015 national rally. Do email channel news Asia and strait time too. Because they gave the wrong info too. But do remember before you send your email, do check on your grammar and spelling errors. Because the gentlemen that's accessing your email will most likely be a ntu/nus/smu/sutd grads. They won't know what you're typing. Only a sit student like me that's studying in a non local u will understand. Cheers
Its the internet, my engrish like sai so what? For the record my GP got an A
disavowed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 07:39 PM   #43
Supremacy Member

Sigh.. I don't know if I should retake. I alr took 3 years JC. I'm female so no NS. Dk if it's lucky or what, but I'm ageing 😭
Yes lucky. LOL

I went NA sec5, poly NS before SMU so u still younger than me.
Old 06-03-2016, 08:06 PM   #44

Hey, does O level result affected a lot in admission ?

Yes lucky. LOL

I went NA sec5, poly NS before SMU so u still younger than me.
Raxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 08:09 PM   #45
Supremacy Member

Hey, does O level result affected a lot in admission ?
20% depend on your course and stuff.

NTU business etc will require your maths.

SMU not really cause it's the interview.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.